• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't doubt everything and I don't say that I do.
Right. Some things you don't doubt or question:
"THE VACCINES ARE DANGEROUS, MORE DANGEROUS FOR ME THAN COVID"
"TRUMP WON THE ELECTION"

Whenever thecatboy asks for a source it's to deflect from thinking critically about something.
"Critical thinking is the analysis of available facts, evidence, observations, and arguments to form a judgment," you numbskull. You're being laughably ridiculous, and you're the only one who doesn't realize it. It must be nice to not feel embarrassment or shame.

Claiming someone is anti-science for not getting vaccinated is out of touch.
What I said was it's anti-science to reject what the science says about vaccines.

Claiming someone is increasing their odds of dying by not getting vaccinated is offensive to reason.
It's a scientific fact that unvaccinated people, on average, are significantly more likely to die of COVID-19 than vaccinated people. Getting vaccinated verifiably increases one's chances of survival.

Get your head out of your ass.

Edit (not directed at tabzer or anyone else): I don't know if it was posted already, but potential organ transplant recipients are being rejected if they are unvaccinated. I think this is terrible and tragic, and I wish it didn't have to be like this, but given the shortage of organs, I agree with the policy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...vaccination-denied-heart-transplant-rcna13724

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't doubt everything and I don't say that I do. Whenever thecatboy asks for a source it's to deflect from thinking critically about something. AFAIK, it's not about data sets that have been rejected by anyone here, just the ways it's interpreted to give the benefit of the doubt to one party over another. That person asks for a source in response to written out point, acknowledging nothing about what is there. It's disingenuous and entitled. If they asked about a source about something specific, then that's fine. If they are asking for a source because they are not sure if it is okay to think like I am thinking, then they can be ignored.

I don't know what you mean about Lacius. Do you have an example? Claiming someone is anti-science for not getting vaccinated is out of touch. Claiming someone is increasing their odds of dying by not getting vaccinated is offensive to reason.

I appreciate your attempt to characterize me because it seems like you are trying to get to know me, but it's a little disgraceful--like trying to get to know a new house by bumping around in complete darkness. Except you can see, so I don't know why you are still bumping around. At that point it's just patronizing.

I haven't lied to you or anyone else. Nobody should be convinced by anything I said, or what Lacius says to do something (or not do something). Nobody from here is going to be there to hold their hand when they have to deal the consequences of their actions.
being able to provide sources with data that back up your claims is science 101 tabzer. You'd be well advised to remember that next time you try to make your opinions pass for science.
And yes, you are the one to divert the debate each and every time we try to have a serious exchange with you. You're the one making it impossible to see proper data because you're literally drowning this thread in false claims that are backed up by nothing expect your own ideation of the world around you and your beliefs that everyone is evil and trying to be bad to each other.
I do not deny that some people are, but if you believe by principle that everyone is, you cannot do anything realistically, since you cannot believe anything anyone says. And that's exactly the kind of attitude that stems from your posts here.
Like that for example:
I question the totality of the data presented and the meaning behind the disparity in consensus.
Point made, have a wonderful continuation of your fantasy sweetie, I'm out for the day, I have more interesting things to do than to be distracted and have the subject deviated again by some random guy whose only addition to this thread is more and more deviation from the topic to bury facts in millions of false claims and non-related things ;)

Last edited by RocaBOT,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because people make a big deal about other people's decisions
if you don't think it works, don't criticize people who do
if you think it works, act like it. stop worrying that anti-vaxxers will pass it to you
It's not as simple as that though as both sides believe the other side's choice directly affects them.

From the outside, it all seems like a distraction tactic. I'm betting on an imminent alien invasion.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Annoying....really...

Now that the mandatory Vaccination in Autria is almost "through"....
Surprisingly Novavax has "Production Issues" and Valneva still not got their EMA Permission....
That means,the Protein and the Inactivated Serum comes in April at earliest...

Very annoying.....

But thanks to our great and trustful Doctors we "forget" the Chance of "Testing for Vaccination Ability".
This Option is expressly recommended by every Vaccine Manufacturer before the Vaccination and is included in every Information Sheet from every Covid Vaccine !
Apparently no Doctor points this out - of course due to lack of time (and "maybe" threat of punishment from our Medical Association President Mister Thomas Sekeres to the practicing doctors!) Very trusting !

Only really honest and trustful Doctors (strange,it seems we actually have only a Handful of them in Austria) inform the Patients about it BEFORE they "chasing the Serum into the Body and collecting 28 Euros per vaccination....".

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's an overwhelming consensus in the scientific and medical communities.

I agree that you can say that. But I was talking about the disparity of consensus. The "scientific community" isn't a corporation. For example, you've rejected Israel's "science" for some reason.

conspiracy theory

AFAIK lobbying is not a crime in the US and pharmaceutical companies do sponsor your politicians' campaigns and help them win positions of power. Sorry, that sucks, and should probably be illegal. Calling it a conspiracy theory shows you are out of touch.

It's a scientific fact that unvaccinated people, on average, are significantly more likely to die of COVID-19 than vaccinated people. Getting vaccinated verifiably increases one's chances of survival.

And it's not the same as saying "not getting vaccinated increases your odds of dying".

being able to provide sources with data that back up your claims is science 101 tabzer. You'd be well advised to remember that next time you try to make your opinions pass for science.

Again, I asked you to make a specific reference to what you are talking about and you have not.

What I said was it's anti-science to reject what the science says about vaccines.

You said it directly in response to my claim to health.

"THE VACCINES ARE DANGEROUS, MORE DANGEROUS FOR ME THAN COVID"

Oh, look, you did it again. Wait. This message came before...

"TRUMP WON THE ELECTION"

If you are going to quote me, then quote me.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I was talking about the disparity of consensus.
There's a broad consensus that vaccines are safe and effective.

For example, you've rejected Israel's "science" for some reason.
Did I?

AFAIK lobbying is not a crime in the US and pharmaceutical companies do sponsor your politicians' campaigns and help them win positions of power. Sorry, that sucks, and should probably be illegal. Calling it a conspiracy theory shows you are out of touch.
I didn't say lobbying doesn't exist. Reread my post.

And it's not the same as saying "not getting vaccinated increases your odds of dying".
Not getting vaccinated increases your odds of dying.

You said it directly in response to my claim to health.
Nothing I said was untrue.

If you are going to quote me, then quote me.
You've said numerous times that the election was "probably" rigged and that you actively believe it was rigged.

You are a conspiracy theorist. Per your standards for belief, you should also believe there's a cure for cancer, but pharmaceutical companies use the kinds of treatments that are more profitable instead. You should believe there's an HIV/AIDS cure, but the current drug cocktail that lasts one's whole life is more profitable. Fuck off.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where were those odds before not "not getting vaccinated"? Where does the increase happen?
The choice to not get vaccinated significantly increases your odds of dying, just like the choice to not wear a seatbelt significant increases your odds of dying. You know what this means, and nobody is interested in your little semantic games.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The choice to not get vaccinated significantly increases your odds of dying, just like the choice to not wear a seatbelt significant increases your odds of dying. You know what this means, and nobody is interested in your little semantic games.
Being not vaccinated is a natural state. Proposing that it's not with "little semantics" is a shitty propaganda technique. Pretending you are above it when employing it, and then reinforcing it shows you are lying.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't say it wasn't, and it's wholly irrelevant to whether or not you're more likely to die than your vaccinated counterparts.

You're not even trying. Is there a language barrier issue going on here that I'm unaware of?
You are either stupid or lying. I doubt you are that stupid.

If you are going to lie, what's the point of trying to reason with you.

Btw, this you?

tz50ganf5af81.jpg

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Again, I asked you to make a specific reference to what you are talking about and you have not.

Interpretation also does not require "a source", so if you disagree with my interpretation, demanding a source is not a rebuttal.

I interpret the current situation as evidence that vaccines have not been effective. I interpret the CDC acknowledging risks in their vaccines to undermine the overzealous claim of safety.

I question the totality of the data presented and the meaning behind the disparity in consensus.

🥴

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So what's the problem?
You're many times more likely to die of COVID-19 if you are unvaccinated, and this is a verifiable scientific fact
In order to verify it you'd have to count how many times I've died while unvaccinated, and compare it to how many times I've died while vaccinated.

Using the law of averages, you are injuring "my" odds to balloon your claim by including those who are susceptible, who create the weight of the claim. You are lying to me by using statistics as a tool to mask the facts that are relevant to me (and we both know it).

I can sell you my shoes. If you care about not dying, you should buy them. It is a verifiable scientific fact that you are many times more likely to die if you are not wearing my shoes. They are priceless.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to verify it you'd have to count how many times I've died while unvaccinated, and compare it to how many times I've died while vaccinated.
That isn't even close to true.

Using the law of averages, you are injuring "my" odds to balloon your claim by including those who are susceptible, who create the weight of the claim.
As I've said numerous times in the posts you've ignored, we can exclude everyone except the young and healthy, and what I said about vaccines remains true.

If you care about not dying, you should buy them. It is a verifiable scientific fact that you are many times more likely to die if you are not wearing my shoes. They are priceless.
The COVID-19 vaccine has been demonstrated to significantly increase one's odds of survival; buying your shoes has not.

What fucking even was this post? Lol.

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've received my 2 doses including the booster and I can say from my personal experience, the vaccine works. My unvaccinated brother that lives with me contracted the virus last month and ended up getting everyone in my house sick besides my mom and I. My mom and I are fully vaccinated and my other family members only had 2 of their shots besides my brother whom initially contracted it. My dad ended up getting really sick and is still recovering but I think this is pretty concrete evidence that the vaccine works if you're boosted. My mom and I never had any symptoms and after 5 days from exposure, still got a negative test. I got vaccinated fairly quickly and before the delta/omicron variant, I started living my life normally... going out without a mask, washing hands less frequently, I even forgot that COVID existed at some points and never contracted it either.

My brother's argument, and I'm sure many others have this same belief is that the vaccine was made for money. Robert Malone, the original inventor of the mRNA vaccine stated in a Joe Rogan podcast that young adults should not take the vaccine and goes on spreading "misinformation" about the virus. All of the misinformation that he is spreading has been debunked yet my brother thinks the debunking is fake news. I can't really find any information that backs up Dr. Malone's claim so it's really hard to see his point. My brother (and Dr. Malone) believe that this is some corrupt way for the pharmaceutical companies to make $$$. He believes that doctors are in on it, any hospital, pharmacy, anyone in the healthcare related field is just part of the system that is "brain washed" into thinking that the vaccine is safe and effective because they get paid to tell their patients that. Now censorship is a real problem with modern technology and how easy it is for companies like Google, Microsoft, Twitter to filter out content that is displayed on the web. Twitter bans you if you spread COVID "misinformation", therefore that 'information' is censored. These claims are interesting but they're not backed up and every other source debunks it so his claims are not credible.

I honestly cannot find anyone with proper credentials, (scientists, doctors, phD students, etc.) that actually proves that the vaccine is dangerous with data and facts. Malone is a credible source since he created the mRNA vaccine but he doesn't have any facts to back up his claims. Maybe I'll change my mind if someone in this thread can help back up those claims.

America is corrupt, sure and I believe our healthcare system is very corrupt but this is a worldwide pandemic. This shouldn't be left vs right; you're a Trump supporter if you're against the vaccine or you're a libtard if you're for the vaccine. This is just simply denying science that can be researched. Go to any doctor or healthcare professional anywhere in the world and they'll give you their best professional advice on the vaccine. There is plenty of information readily available about these vaccines online from credible sources. Why would the CDC and WHO recommend to get it if it was really that dangerous... The CDC and WHO were founded to protect the general public, not go against it...

There are also claims that the vaccine is dangerous and deadly... if that was true then why aren't people dropping like flies? My state has a 79% vaccination rate, how come those people haven't died yet? The FDA published the list of ingredients that are contained in each of the vaccinations, all available to the public and anyone can do their own research on whether or not any of these ingredients are dangerous. The side effects are just your immune systems' response to the vaccine as it is basically training your immune system to fight a safe version of the virus. The only side effect I really noticed was a slight headache that went away after a couple days and I really don't know anyone who's had a severe reaction to the vaccine or died.

I'm open to hear anyone's personal experience with the vaccine. Whether anyone has actually had a severe reaction to the vaccine or knows someone who has died from it because all of this "misinformation" is really making it hard to see both sides. I feel that my personal experience is pretty concrete evidence that the vaccine works, is safe and effective since I had a group in my house that was unvaccinated, group that had 2 doses and the group that had the booster, and we all had different outcomes. But I wouldn't want to go through what my dad had to go through last month or I wouldn't want to put anyone else in that position. Would you?

Last edited by RyDog,
Reactions: ghjfdtg

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@RyDog I haven't been keeping up with the pandemic stuff as much lately, but are people really saying the vaccine is "deadly"? I don't think the adverse reactions are prevalent enough for anyone to draw such an extreme conclusion. The culture war going on in America is probably to blame for a lot of it, but there have been reasons in the past to be sceptical of vaccines so some of the hesitancy isn't without merit. Look up what happened with polio vaccines in Africa for example. Most of your other points have been discussed to death in the various threads here if you want to take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo