• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's not what I said, you're being very sassy today đź‘€
I’m just happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel, at least as far as the UK is concerned. More and more restrictions are being lifted in Britain, so I have good reasons to celebrate - about time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, are we just going to close all covid threads?
Once COVID is no longer relevant I suspect the threads will die down naturally. If they become a dumping ground for spam, like the election threads before, then they might get shuttered. It depends - I have a lot of fancy gear, but a functioning crystal ball isn’t part of my tool set.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
We have February the 21st 2022.
In December 2021,Novavax (allegedly available since today, February 21st, 2022..) and Valneva applied for EMA approval...
Why is this taking so long......?

Biontech/Pfizer:
EMA Application - November 30st 2020
EMA Approval - December 21st 2020

3 Weeks.....

Reactions: felix.200

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once COVID is no longer relevant I suspect the threads will die down naturally. If they become a dumping ground for spam, like the election threads before, then they might get shuttered. It depends - I have a lot of fancy gear, but a functioning crystal ball isn’t part of my tool set.
That's interesting, but this was directed at people saying "why are these threads still open" at every covid thread.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's interesting, but this was directed at people saying "why are these threads still open" at every covid thread.
I was under the impression that you’re asking me, considering I was the only person in the thread capable of doing so at the time. My mistake, I suppose.
Yeah, just in time to get killed by a falling tree, or drown in a flood. I swear it's never-ending.
Welcome to Silent Hill - we have rain, fog and gate force winds.

Reactions: subcon959

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it finally got me. My son brought it back from school so there was no way to avoid it. He kicked it in 3 days, but didn't get out of bed for 2 of those due to fever and body aches.

I'm on the vulnerable list so let's see if the 3 shots I had do their job. So far, I have a fever and cough with a weird rustling noise in my lungs when I breathe. Mostly sucks because I'm a carer so it's gonna affect other people too.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it finally got me. My son brought it back from school so there was no way to avoid it. He kicked it in 3 days, but didn't get out of bed for 2 of those due to fever and body aches.

I'm on the vulnerable list so let's see if the 3 shots I had do their job. So far, I have a fever and cough with a weird rustling noise in my lungs when I breathe. Mostly sucks because I'm a carer so it's gonna affect other people too.
Get well soon.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes because I'm not an absolute baffoon that believes what their stupid politicians and whatever their uncle on WhatsApp says.

They've all been tested and have been made fast because medicine is now better and this is a worldwide pandemic. If only it had come sooner, I might not have lost my uncle.

I got both doses of Pfizer and will get the booster next month. Absolutely no side-effects besides a sore-arm for 2 days.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

God bless mate, get well soon.

Reactions: subcon959

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those waiting for peer-reviewed study.. the data is in for Ivermectin and might just prove to be one of the biggest scandals in history.

https://www.cureus.com/articles/821...3128-subjects-using-propensity-score-matching

Read the whole thing if you have time (it's very readable compared to most studes), but the gist of it is..

Of the 223,128 citizens of ItajaĂ­ considered for the study, a total of 159,561 subjects were included in the analysis: 113,845 (71.3%) regular ivermectin users and 45,716 (23.3%) non-users. Of these, 4,311 ivermectin users were infected, among which 4,197 were from the city of ItajaĂ­ (3.7% infection rate), and 3,034 non-users (from ItajaĂ­) were infected (6.6% infection rate), with a 44% reduction in COVID-19 infection rate (risk ratio [RR], 0.56; 95% confidence interval (95% CI), 0.53-0.58; p < 0.0001). Using PSM, two cohorts of 3,034 subjects suffering from COVID-19 infection were compared. The regular use of ivermectin led to a 68% reduction in COVID-19 mortality (25 [0.8%] versus 79 [2.6%] among ivermectin non-users; RR, 0.32; 95% CI, 0.20-0.49; p < 0.0001). When adjusted for residual variables, reduction in mortality rate was 70% (RR, 0.30; 95% CI, 0.19-0.46; p < 0.0001). There was a 56% reduction in hospitalization rate (44 versus 99 hospitalizations among ivermectin users and non-users, respectively; RR, 0.44; 95% CI, 0.31-0.63; p < 0.0001). After adjustment for residual variables, reduction in hospitalization rate was 67% (RR, 0.33; 95% CI, 023-0.66; p < 0.0001).

Remember, this is basically the same conclusion that was being made by some from the start yet the mainstream was strangely dismissive of (to the point of calling it horse de-wormer).

With a 70% reduction in mortality rate, imagine how many people's lives could've been saved if they had been given this dirt cheap drug as a preventative measure along with vaccinations once available.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Tell that to the approximately 1,500 Americans, mostly unvaccinated, dying each day from COVID-19.
over here they remove all restrictions and even the be vaccinated to go places so i guess they no longer care about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY