creepy hidden easter egg in an snes game.

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw that one too when playing it! He had blood coming out of his eyes too! The text read help me instead of game over. The percentage counter read 666% complete

Annnnnd now it sounds like a creepy pasta which it probably is.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
man I never played this game but I know this feel ...
Like, I have two memories of sonic 2 when I as little, trying to use debug ... one idk why stuff fail and I went to the first lever, the music changed to the mystic cave instead (that I had fear when I was little XD every time I got there I muted the TV hahah)
One second time, I really don't remind hell but I got to the mystic cave , on the start of the stage there where 3 of these "Swinging " working like a newton pendulum , I trie dto make this happen again ne time alter I remembered that but I never could o_o also nobody believed lol

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played the game using emulator and reached that part. I saved 5 seconds before game over and tried many times loading and losing. but nothing happens. maybe it was all a dream : /
but a guy in yahoo answers said that it was a bug. I am trying to contact him but he has his account private. any ideas?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I played the game using emulator and reached that part. I saved 5 seconds before game over and tried many times loading and losing. but nothing happens. maybe it was all a dream : /
but a guy in yahoo answers said that it was a bug. I am trying to contact him but he has his account private. any ideas?
since this is a game exclusive to europe, and was iconic in france due to the lucky luke being french, i suggest to try "the french internet" there is probably a very big french general forum where all kinda of people talk about all kinds of categories... or french reddit or facebook groups etc..

i posted a link above about the cutting room floor, you can try to contact the people in there who can try to search for unused content, however expect them to be busy with all kinds of games... and as it seems lucky luke it was kinda already searched, they found some debug stuff...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you make no sense.
How doesn't that make sense? He ran the game in an emulator with a cheat search function and it didn't find any area of memory that acted as a Game Over counter, which means there's no possibility of the number of Game Overs affecting the Game Over screen.

Reactions: Kostilaks

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How doesn't that make sense? He ran the game in an emulator with a cheat search function and it didn't find any area of memory that acted as a Game Over counter, which means there's no possibility of the number of Game Overs affecting the Game Over screen.

I don't know what cheat search and since I am bad at English I would like more explanation : (

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
False memories are a likely thing. I have a crystal clear memory of that gate in Zora River in Ocarina of Time being gone along with the ability to take that way down.

You might have had a realistic nightmare or a few nightmares about it and you're remembering them as something that actually happened.

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
False memories are a likely thing. I have a crystal clear memory of that gate in Zora River in Ocarina of Time being gone along with the ability to take that way down.

You might have had a realistic nightmare or a few nightmares about it and you're remembering them as something that actually happened.

I know. but a guy in yahoo answears claimed that it was not a dream. and he seems reliable. problem is I cant contact him...

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yahoo answers is never reliable
He posted the same question to Yahoo Answers at least three times. This really does look like a desperate attempt to spread Fake News®.

On the third link above, someone replied saying it was a bug in the first revision. I somehow highly doubt that. GoodSNES v3.23 only lists one revision, plus a [t1] version (hacked with trainer). Haven't checked GoodSNES v3.27, but I suspect it's similar.

I don't know what cheat search and since I am bad at English I would like more explanation : (
Cheat search is a function that takes a copy of system memory at time A, then once you complete a task, compares it to system memory at time B. This lets you find the location of values in memory, such as score, lives, etc.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,

Kostilaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He posted the same question to Yahoo Answers at least three times. This really does look like a desperate attempt to spread Fake News®.

On the third link above, someone replied saying it was a bug in the first revision. I somehow highly doubt that. GoodSNES v3.23 only lists one revision, plus a [t1] version (hacked with trainer). Haven't checked GoodSNES v3.27, but I suspect it's similar.

Cheat search is a function that takes a copy of system memory at time A, then once you complete a task, compares it to system memory at time B. This lets you find the location of values in memory, such as score, lives, etc.

or desperate trying to find what it was : )

Reactions: Subtle Demise

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, turns out that this is a thing. :V (Found by RadSpyro at Jul/TCRF)
http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?pid=447906#447906

fakzfvw.png

It's triggered by playing the game for an excessive (undetermined at this point) amount of time, not by getting too many Game Overs.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Welp, turns out that this is a thing. :V (Found by RadSpyro at Jul/TCRF)
http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?pid=447906#447906

fakzfvw.png

It's triggered by playing the game for an excessive (undetermined at this point) amount of time, not by getting too many Game Overs.

LOL
everyone was calling out to OP being a liar and rampage at him
and it appears he was right after all :D

really thank you for finding this. you deserve a good guy medal

ho wait, so that thread was made by OP and just found out yesterday, ok you didn't found it, but thanks for sharing it here.
i was really cheering for the OP

Last edited by migles,

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was an SNES game, what's with it having a 3DS like nag when you "play too much"?

Congrats! You weren't smoking weed while playing the game.

Of course not, he was 8 he said. 8 year olds rarely can afford illegal drugs. duh.

Last edited by tbb043,
Reactions: Blue

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so it seems to be triggered after playing for too long.
still no mention of a hidden game, it's maybe just part of the game. you said "after losing many time" so it triggered that game over screen.

it's nice to see someone did look at that game trying to reproduce what you remembered.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk