ROM Hack CRISIS CORE: FINAL FANTASY VII REUNION (Switch Modding Thread)

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DISCLAIMER:
THESE MODS ARE STRICTLY NON-PROFIT AND ARE CREATED BY THE FANS FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2x1_NSwitch_CrisisCoreFinalFantasy7Reunion_image1600w-768x432.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What this thread is intended for:

This modding thread was created to help showcase future mod work regarding this game in the coming future while also providing those interested in working on this game a place to learn and communicate together about mods and other various improvements for the game.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current modding information regarding the game:

Switch game title ID’s:

World - 01004BC0166CC000

China/South Korea/Hong Kong - 0100D09016C6A000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming mod goals for the game:

1. Swap the new English voices with their old OG counterparts (DONE minus in battle sound effect and new misc scenes)

2. Dive into the actual technical aspects of the game to try and improve FPS to a stable and consistent rate. (60 FPS if possible)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of this is a VAST work in progress so please feel free to follow this thread for future mod releases and also to communicate anything you may have learned or already know
about modding the Switch version of the game. It's my hopes this thread will bring the modding community together here to bust out some amazing work on this game for the Nintendo Switch. Cheers!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation:

(MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE OFFICIAL UPDATED LATEST GAME VERSION 1.0.3)

Installation of the project is very easy and straight forward. Everything is built around LayeredFS. So all you have to do is move the supplied "01004BC0166CC000" folder to the corresponding directory listed below depending on what Firmware you are using.

ATMOSPHERE DIRECTORY:
Atmosphere/contents

SXOS DIRECTORY:
SXOS/titles 01004BC0166CC000/romfs

Link to download the Mod's latest version 2.0.0:

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota,

Tsunn7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope you'll succeed on the VA's mod. This is one of my fav game but I can't really stand the new VA for Zack, the OG one is just too good (probably nostalgia but still).
Good luck with your work! I'd help but don't have any kind of skill in this kind of field.

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Titleid is wrong.

China/South Korea/Hong Kong - 0100D09016C6A000
World - 01004BC0166CC000

You’re amazing as always my friend thank you for catching that error! I’ll update the main post now.
Post automatically merged:

I hope you'll succeed on the VA's mod. This is one of my fav game but I can't really stand the new VA for Zack, the OG one is just too good (probably nostalgia but still).
Good luck with your work! I'd help but don't have any kind of skill in this kind of field.

I couldn’t agree more love Zack’s story but I 100% can’t get behind the new voice direction no matter how much I try. Give me some time and I’ll hopefully have that issue resolved for us soon! :)

Reactions: Tayfunx3

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just a small little update been working on this in my free time while juggling updates for my other 2 projects I’m also working on. I’m hoping to have a solid first mod release out within a week or two that will overhaul the entire game with Zack’s old OG voice for Rick Gomez along with the other full cast of OG voice actors from the original PSP version. Most cutscenes are already replaced and I’m working on seeing if I can wing up also some proper replacements for some other lines in the new game that wasn’t present in the PSP version. Time will tell, just wanted to update everyone. Merry Christmas everybody!

Reactions: Tsunn7 and Tayfunx3

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Capture cool.PNG

Mod version 1.0.0 has officially been released for the Switch! (download link posted at the top of the thread) This 1.0 release fully replaces all in game audio for all characters Zack, Sephiroth, Cloud, Reno, Rude, Aerith, Cissnei, etc etc the whole 9 yards with their ORIGINAL PSP VOICE ACTORS for all main scenes of the game. The new added voiced scenes for the misc scenes of the Reunion remake have not been done yet along with the in battle sound effects but that's coming with due time once the file structure of the files can be sorted and figured out more in depth. I also have a pretty solid idea that I'm hoping will work for actually recreating Zack's original Rick Gomez voice using Audio AI learning technology so that we can recreate the new voiced Reunion lines. Not sure if anyone is familiar or knows more and could help with that idea but I'll include to the link to the software below that caught my eye just incase. Enjoy the mod everyone!

Reactions: Tayfunx3

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mod version 1.0 has officially been released for the Switch! (download link posted at the top of the thread) This 1.0 release fully replaces all in game audio for all characters Zack, Sephiroth, Cloud, Reno, Rude, Aerith, Cissnei, etc etc the whole 9 yards with their ORIGINAL PSP VOICE ACTORS for all main scenes of the game. The new added voiced scenes for the misc scenes of the Reunion remake have not been done yet along with the in battle sound effects but that's coming with due time once the file structure of the files can be sorted and figured out more in depth. I also have a pretty solid idea that I'm hoping will work for actually recreating Zack's original Rick Gomez voice using Audio AI learning technology so that we can recreate the new voiced Reunion lines. Not sure if anyone is familiar or knows more and could help with that idea but I'll include to the link to the software below that caught my eye just incase. Enjoy the mod everyone!

Amazing work. I've been trying to play the game as is and honestly most of the VA does not bother me but Zack is tough. Those original lines are burned into my brain and it's been difficult to play the new VA especially when some lines really aren't done as good as the original.

With regards to AI there are various teams/modders working on Mass Effect Legendary Edition that have been spending a lot of time on voice AI to add new lines to the existing characters for romance mods and even adding characters as squad mates for games they weren't in. Might be worth checking out that discord for any advice. https://discord.gg/masseffectmods

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

ChanseyIsTheBest

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Last edited by ChanseyIsTheBest,

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
W
Amazing work. I've been trying to play the game as is and honestly most of the VA does not bother me but Zack is tough. Those original lines are burned into my brain and it's been difficult to play the new VA especially when some lines really aren't done as good as the original.

With regards to AI there are various teams/modders working on Mass Effect Legendary Edition that have been spending a lot of time on voice AI to add new lines to the existing characters for romance mods and even adding characters as squad mates for games they weren't in. Might be worth checking out that discord for any advice. https://discord.gg/masseffectmods

AMAZING information to know!! Thank you seriously so much for bringing this to my attention I’ll definitely join the discord and see if anyone would be generous enough to give me some pointers in the right direction for tackling this task. If I can pull it off it will be amazing and finally give us all that true fully voiced pretty remake we’ve all been waiting on.

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W

AMAZING information to know!! Thank you seriously so much for bringing this to my attention I’ll definitely join the discord and see if anyone would be generous enough to give me some pointers in the right direction for tackling this task. If I can pull it off it will be amazing and finally give us all that true fully voiced pretty remake we’ve all been waiting on.

After posting decided to go down the MELE modding hole and see if any of the mods I was waiting for are up and sadly not but I think I did find the tool in question they are using and wow it's expanded to a ton of games. No CCR obviously but there is a companion trainer app to use other voices. I'm not 100% sure if this is the app the big MELE teams are using but it's what I found:

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/930
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/65022/
Also on steam: https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Dan Ruta

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Is there any mod to make this game run at 900p/1080p docked?
I tried to increase the resolution, but it seems the main is locking the ini files in pak.
The game looks super blurry and low resolution, they set the base resolution to 1080p with a 66.66% screen resolution, so the whole game renders at 720p even UI (that's so lame), the min dynamic resolution is set to 50% so the game can fall as low as 359p.

Now, what's the point of having a 1080p backbuffer if the UI renders at 720p still?, I guess it's just the port being pretty lazy or the engine doesn't support backbuffer and they didn't bother to optimize the Swith version.

NoVaCloud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesnt work when i install the mod
Post automatically merged:

mods doesnt work when i install it

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey, is the voice mod still being worked on?

LONG TIME NO SEE.PNG

Yes! Mod version 2.0.0 has just been released! I've been juggling other projects the last couple of months while also working on this in my free time. Had to go back and fully revamp the mod since version 1.0 still had a lot of audio issues with the new voices popping back in and out through the game. I've also still been working with Resemble AI to try and mimic the original voices at the best quality possible to use those potentially in the future to replace the new voice lines. Outside of that, this new mod version takes the approach of muting all the new voice lines for all characters in game. While, (Fingers crossed!) fully fixing and restoring all the OG voices to all characters for the entire game this time without issues. Enjoy everyone!

Reactions: WolfmanMods

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.