ROM Hack CTRPluginFramework - Blank Plugin - Now with Action Replay

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. BUt it's no good. When I go into my game and hit select, nothing happens. I have the cheats in a folder called Cheats on the SD root with the game titles on each folder within the Cheats folder and the AR plug in is there too and my Luma is on 9.0 with the firm from the OP. Why won't it work????

Edit: So official Luma 3ds doesn't support plugins?

Last edited by ChicagoMel,

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks. BUt it's no good. When I go into my game and hit select, nothing happens. I have the cheats in a folder called Cheats on the SD root with the game titles on each folder within the Cheats folder and the AR plug in is there too and my Luma is on 9.0 with the firm from the OP. Why won't it work????

Edit: So official Luma 3ds doesn't support plugins?
Try this;
First of all your firmware must be 11.4 and higher and already installed the latest Boot9strap.
Location of Luma Plugin Loader's boot.firm (the boot.7z file from OP post) goes to;
  • SD: /boot.firm
CTRPF Action Replay (the ActionReplay.7z from OP post) goes to;
  • SD: /luma/plugins/ActionReplay/ActionReplay.plg
Your txt file goes to;
  • SD; /cheats/<Title ID of the game>.txt
Example;
Cheat txt file for the game MHXX;
  • SD; /cheats/0004000000197100.txt
When you did all that enable the Plugin Loader from Rosalina Menu (L+DOWN+SELECT to open Rosalina Menu). If it says "Disable plugin loader", Then it's already Enabled.
Then launch your game, when there's a Green flash on screen, then it works. Press SELECT to open the plugin.

NOTES:
All folder and files' name are case-sensitive.
Extract the .7z files first.
You don't have to launch BootNTR.

Last edited by Vermil,

violentthot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this;
First of all your firmware must be 11.4 and higher.
Location of Luma Plugin Loader's boot.firm (the boot.7z file from OP post) goes to;
  • SD: /boot.firm
CTRPF Action Replay (the ActionReplay.7z from OP post) goes to;
  • SD: /luma/plugins/ActonReplay/ActionReplay.plg
Your txt file goes to;
  • SD; /cheats/<Title ID of the game>.txt
Example;
Cheat txt file for the game MHXX;
  • SD; /cheats/0004000000197100.txt
When you did all that enable the Plugin Loader from Rosalina Menu (L+DOWN+SELECT to open Rosalina Menu).
Then launch your game, when there's a Green flash on screen, then it works. Press SELECT to open the plugin.

NOTES:
All folder and files' name are case-sensitive.
Extract the .7z files first.
You don't have to launch BootNTR.

See I didn't think I needed to have a text for all games.
I thought I could just use one text for all games

violentthot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a plugin to be launched for every game, create a game folder inside the plugin folder and put it inside.
This path is only used by NTR 3.6 btw.use

Can you give me an example how this should.look on the SD card pls

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and does the game folder need the title or title id as the name?

I also wonder if I don't need to get the accent mark into the Pokemon title names.

Vermil

I don't need a SENPAI to notice me, Right SENPAI?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you want a plugin to be launched for every game, create a game folder inside the plugin folder and put it inside.
This path is only used by NTR 3.6 btw.use

Can you give me an example how this should.look on the SD card pls

Yes and does the game folder need the title or title id as the name?

I also wonder if I don't need to get the accent mark into the Pokemon title names.
SD: /plugin/game/ActionReplay.plg
You Have to Launch NTR 3.6 this way. (No need to enable Plugin Loader from Rosalina Menu).

Reactions: violentthot

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Now I got it working. I had to copy the text from the text file on Github and make my own. Then I put it where it was supposed to be and it worked. The original txt file had a lot of extra junk in it when downloaded, which is probably the issue.

ps will I need to wait for the fork to update when Luma updates?

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Now I got it working. I had to copy the text from the text file on Github and make my own. Then I put it where it was supposed to be and it worked. The original txt file had a lot of extra junk in it when downloaded, which is probably the issue.

ps will I need to wait for the fork to update when Luma updates?
what file exactly was you trying to download? Nothing in any of the text files on my github should affect the cheats from not loading.

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doenloaded by hitting "save link". And it definitely did affect how things loaded.

Why dont the instant egg hatch and press start to get egg cheats work? Nothing happens with getting the egg and if both are activated, the game crashes. It's Ultra Sun. Why wont it work??

rixxxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, i want to ask something

i've been using this plugin using CTRP with Luma Plugin Loader and things have been working well and i've been using this to play Story of Seasons. but if i use the 3dsLuma Plugin loader, somehow this always make my pokemon game to crash. But if i remove the plugin loader from the root and replace it with the original boot.firm, my pokemon can run without crashing.

So is it possible to load the CTRPF without the 3dsluma plugin loader? i mean is it possible to run this plugin only when i run it through NTR?

HollowedFear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doenloaded by hitting "save link". And it definitely did affect how things loaded.

Why dont the instant egg hatch and press start to get egg cheats work? Nothing happens with getting the egg and if both are activated, the game crashes. It's Ultra Sun. Why wont it work??
You mean right clicking on the .txt file and doing a "save as"? yea github changed a bunch of shit on their site so now doing a save as from the right click makes it download a file with a bunch of html code in it as well. If you want to do a "save as" you have to go into the file and then go to the "raw" page and then do a "save as" to get the actual file without all the garbled html text being included.

As for codes for the pokemon games I can't really say much about them, a lot of the pokemon codes don't work at all either because they zero out due to you having to read comments to change things in a certain spot of the code that are now lost in time due to fort42 being broken (you may be able to see some comments if you use the way back machine but good luck with that) or there are just some codes that may or may not work with certain versions of the game.

At some point when I have time I'm going to start going through all the games that are on the repo taking out broken codes (codes that zero out, spam codes and the like) and fixing some stuff up, but I can't say exactly when I will have time to do that as I am very busy.

honestly though if you want to cheat on a pokemon game, I'd suggest you use an NTR plugin instead as you'll have way more luck using that versus using the codes from my repository just saying.

Last edited by HollowedFear,

rixxxxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, i want to ask something

i've been using this plugin using CTRP with Luma Plugin Loader and things have been working well and i've been using this to play Story of Seasons. but if i use the 3dsLuma Plugin loader, somehow this always make my pokemon game to crash. But if i remove the plugin loader from the root and replace it with the original boot.firm, my pokemon can run without crashing.

So is it possible to load the CTRPF without the 3dsluma plugin loader? i mean is it possible to run this plugin only when i run it through NTR?

Nevermind, i just manage to do it. I didn't fully read the guide at the first page. Thanks :D

ChicagoMel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean right clicking on the .txt file and doing a "save as"? yea github changed a bunch of shit on their site so now doing a save as from the right click makes it download a file with a bunch of html code in it as well. If you want to do a "save as" you have to go into the file and then go to the "raw" page and then do a "save as" to get the actual file without all the garbled html text being included.

As for codes for the pokemon games I can't really say much about them, a lot of the pokemon codes don't work at all either because they zero out due to you having to read comments to change things in a certain spot of the code that are now lost in time due to fort42 being broken (you may be able to see some comments if you use the way back machine but good luck with that) or there are just some codes that may or may not work with certain versions of the game.

At some point when I have time I'm going to start going through all the games that are on the repo taking out broken codes (codes that zero out, spam codes and the like) and fixing some stuff up, but I can't say exactly when I will have time to do that as I am very busy.

honestly though if you want to cheat on a pokemon game, I'd suggest you use an NTR plugin instead as you'll have way more luck using that versus using the codes from my repository just saying.

Ah thanks. I appreciate the insight.

I did go back to regular Luma with a SuMo cheat menu. I just want to speed up egg hatching anyway for shiny breedingvso it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: yo