Homebrew Custom Theme Thread

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Is there anyone that want to do a Fantasy Life theme? Its a redisign from my Fantasy Life book! You get all the design creds and stuff. I cant handle picture programs and just want this theme =)

20150304_12305asdfasdf8.jpg
3ds fantasy life.png

RetroKenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone possibly provide me with a link or source for Sprites of Adam Hunter? Preferably the Streets of Rage Remake version.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's my first custom (public) theme. I made a couple others, but for now they are still for personal use. But this one I made specifically with the intention to release it.

It's DSTheme! It's a theme that makes the Home Menu look more like the DS menu from DS/DS Lite! :D

View attachment 16089

Download link attached to the post. ;)

Comes with preview image for preview inside CHMM if that's what you use to install themes.

Theme features custom graphics, custom color scheme, and custom sound effects/background music! :D (Well that's if you consider the faint ticking noise the DS normally makes "music". :P )

The is the best theme in the thread imo. Minimal, not sexualized, not anime. Something I wouldn't be totally embarrassed to be seen in public with.

I have more than a dozen skins finished. I need to make previews and .rars still. I uploaded one to the 3dsthemes.com website as a test and to see what the turnaround time is between uploading and it appearing on the site. It's only been a few days so it's understandable that it's not there.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having dimension issues? If i use 400x240 for the top image the 3ds shows part of the white blank area of the image. 412x240 seems ok, but there are a few lost pixels. what are you guys using?

EDIT: nvm, when you crank the 3d slider up it sows the missing pixels. so i'm going to stick with 412x240

RetroKenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having dimension issues? If i use 400x240 for the top image the 3ds shows part of the white blank area of the image. 412x240 seems ok, but there are a few lost pixels. what are you guys using?

EDIT: nvm, when you crank the 3d slider up it sows the missing pixels. so i'm going to stick with 412x240
What Program are you using for inserting files...YATA or something else?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused by people saying you need to restart the system after applying a theme. Does going to the friend list and back to the menu not work for everyone? Does doing that cause some sort of issue? Or...? :unsure:

RetroKenesis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't believe no one has done this one yet.

Invader Zim
Background music is the Doom Song, of course.
View attachment 16577
View attachment 16578
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jzlnrkd8l03fxtj/InvaderZim.rar

Theme looks great! Glad you got things sorted out!

I'm confused by people saying you need to restart the system after applying a theme. Does going to the friend list and back to the menu not work for everyone? Does doing that cause some sort of issue? Or...? :unsure:

Just select a theme with the A button while inside CHMM. Wait about 15 to 20 seconds then press the start button to take you back to the home menu on your emunand. Now, simply press the power button once...wait for the screen to come up saying "power off", and instead of powering off, simply press the "Home" button. Wala, Magic. New theme should be loaded.

Reactions: WeedZ

SSlacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

the actual upper screen image is 400x240 but it starts from coords [6,0]

-snip-
Also, upper screen has been tested so that it doesn't leave anything out or add anything extra outside the picture.

for example:
original image: http://i.imgur.com/1SyqEdH.png
simulator image: http://i.imgur.com/KBZhCoE.png
3DS image: http://i.imgur.com/QIOPbhN.jpg

if you zoom in the 3ds image you can see pretty clearly the 1 pixel wide blue edge all around the picture and there's nothing beyond it.

Hopefully this cleared things a little bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1