Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im actually flabergasted.

supports wifi over a vonets supports pokken controllers/Speedlink Torid controllers for wireless support. USB stick for expansion
full speed pcsx re-armed. full speed gba on gpsp full speek on snes9x2002 core fbalpha2012 fullspeed. its impressive.

oh yeah you can also ftp into it.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,
D

Deleted User

im actually flabergasted.

supports wifi over a vonets supports pokken controllers/Speedlink Torid controllers for wireless support. USB stick for expansion
full speed pcsx re-armed. full speed gba on gpsp full speek on snes9x2002 core fbalpha2012 fullspeed. its impressive.

Holy molly - That's great to hear!

PSX_Specter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run retroarch for picodrive and a few other emulators, but I seem to get the best performance from standalone emulators like mame4droid. The issues with the unit's control layout are really discouraging to me. I can run Pit Fighter in mame4Droid, but I can't press three buttons at once in order to perform a special move? Twin stick shooters are also out of the question. I realize these issues can be circumvented by using an external controller. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but putting a raspberry pi 2 in one of mine was an incredible upgrade. I can switch between onboard and external controls on the fly. I used a simple PAM8403 amplifier and some small speakers I had laying around to upgrade to stereo sound. I also used a 3.5" 4:3 aspect backup camera monitor. Adding extra buttons to the cabinet can be done with ease. I added a soft power button and volume buttons. The cabinet's controls interface seamlessly with the pi's GPIO pins using GPIOnext software to map everything. I will be adding an HDMI port to the cabinet at some point. Like I said, it's probably not for everyone, but I've been having a blast with it. The sling tv app got an update and ceased to function on my "stock" unit, but kodi works great on my modded one. Any luck obtaining root? I think that's all that needs to be done to determine what wifi chip(s) the OS supports so the vonets situation can possibly be remedied.

Last edited by PSX_Specter,

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run retroarch for picodrive and a few other emulators, but I seem to get the best performance from standalone emulators like mame4droid. The issues with the unit's control layout are really discouraging to me. I can run Pit Fighter in mame4Droid, but I can't press three buttons at once in order to perform a special move? Twin stick shooters are also out of the question. I realize these issues can be circumvented by using an external controller. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but putting a raspberry pi 2 in one of mine was an incredible upgrade. I can switch between onboard and external controls on the fly. I used a simple PAM8403 amplifier and some small speakers I had laying around to upgrade to stereo sound. I also used a 3.5" 4:3 aspect backup camera monitor. Adding extra buttons to the cabinet can be done with ease. I added a soft power button and volume buttons. The cabinet's controls interface seamlessly with the pi's GPIO pins using GPIOnext software to map everything. I will be adding an HDMI port to the cabinet at some point. Like I said, it's probably not for everyone, but I've been having a blast with it. The sling tv app got an update and ceased to function on my "stock" unit, but kodi works great on my modded one. Any luck obtaining root? I thinks that's all that needs to be done to determine what wifi chip(s) the OS supports so the vonets situation can possibly be remedied.

working on it at the moment. I had an old script that i am pretty positive will work. I need to dig it up. Root should be relatively easy to attain(hopefully)

i had 60 fps running retroarch cores all the way up to playstation. however i was not running retroarch itself as the launcher. I wonder if that contributed to the performance boost.

D

Deleted User

Just finished modding mine

Button controllers would unbind after a reboot

Figured it out after trial and error - Have to set to multi controller in mame settings and bindings are all good now after reboots / power downs

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my end I am implementing an ftp service to my dashboard. That way i can seemlessly ftp into it without using a 3rd party app. if anybody knows apache mina please pm me as I am having issues with authentication (code is working)

Speedro1804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just an example of how amusing it looks now. 128gb storage, wifi, and wireless controller

Hey I need badly with my mini arcade unfortunately I have the problem that you had with your device ,when I plug the internal USB its goes to panic mode and I'm basically stuck there. Can you please help me mod it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just an example of how amusing it looks now. 128gb storage, wifi, and wireless controller

Nb

Speedro1804

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I need badly with my mini arcade unfortunately I have the problem that you had with your device ,when I plug the internal USB its goes to panic mode and I'm basically stuck there. Can you please help me mod it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
that unfortunately is the revision 2 board. modding on it is rather limited.
Therefore my best bet is to get the 1 board in order to mod it ...and I had purchased it at target

PSX_Specter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"samuel adams" always a good choice! :P

I am also working to see if i can fix that stupid kernel panic issue on the revision 2 board. no promises though

Have you played around in the recovery menu at all? I can't seem to find the "enter" key. Trying to do an open gapps pico install to see if that fixes sling tv.

dirtytony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an example of how amusing it looks now. 128gb storage, wifi, and wireless controller[/QUOTE]

Just curious how you did these hardware mods. How did you get the OTG cable to remain in the micro USB port and still be able to close the machine back up? I am thinking of cutting some of the plastic away, but does a right angle micro usb work maybe? I have a usb hub, usb drive, etc but just not sure how to get it all to fit.

Also what snes are you running, I can’t get snes9x to do anything but crash.

ReelBigNilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the revision 2 board from target... i used Vysor to get into in and so far i have been using dig for a frontend on all my emulators. cannot get retroarch to recognize internal controller. just tried with new version 1.8.0. everything was going smoothly until today dig would not recognize any systems or emulators and just left me with a series of menus with a (0) count. i am working on getting everything working again. this device, at least the 2.0 board can be rooted with KingoRoot. it is an Allwinner a23 board, and mine is rooted. i am working on getting everything optimized and working again, and plan on using LuckyPatcher to move all my emulators, etc. to the internal storage. i haven't opened mine up, so i don't know if i can use a usb hub on the inside now that i have it rooted and factory reset. if anyone knows of another frontend that works on this board please let me know, because dig is functional, but not very visually appealing. will be happy to help anyone here as much as i can with anything i can help with.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the revision 2 board from target... i used Vysor to get into in and so far i have been using dig for a frontend on all my emulators. cannot get retroarch to recognize internal controller. just tried with new version 1.8.0. everything was going smoothly until today dig would not recognize any systems or emulators and just left me with a series of menus with a (0) count. i am working on getting everything working again. this device, at least the 2.0 board can be rooted with KingoRoot. it is an Allwinner a23 board, and mine is rooted. i am working on getting everything optimized and working again, and plan on using LuckyPatcher to move all my emulators, etc. to the internal storage. i haven't opened mine up, so i don't know if i can use a usb hub on the inside now that i have it rooted and factory reset. if anyone knows of another frontend that works on this board please let me know, because dig is functional, but not very visually appealing. will be happy to help anyone here as much as i can with anything i can help with.
You don’t need lucky patcher. You can install everything via adb. The only current issue atm with revision 2 is the possible kernel panic that occurs when plugging an external device

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, I might resume using gdevelop