naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this... but blah.

Most people on forums have signatures.
Some people have others make them sigs while others make their own.

I want you (whoever you are
tongue.gif
) to define what a forum signature is.
What makes a signature good?
Can you consider a render pasted over fancy effects a "good" signature?
What about a single sprite over simple backgrounds?
What if you take a picture, crop it and put a border around it? Can you consider that a signature?

If you ask me, I think that forum signatures are there to indicate that the post is a legit post by a certain poster (blah mouthful)

Discuss?

Edit:
WHICH AMONG THESE SIGS IS THE BEST?
duelsig.png

spritesignq3.png

marie.png

So along with the original question, which among those is the best?

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Originally, it was used just like e-mails. So you didnt't had to add "~Spanky", or "Sincerely, ~Darkmystery" under every post. Nowadays people put images stuff under it as a signature.
smile.gif

Still, some people still write "~" under every post they make. Those people don't really understand signatures I guess.
rolleyes.gif

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm no expert but I'll give my 2 cents here.

naglaro00 said:
What makes a signature good? A good image/render is enough. Even a simple picture edited slightly can become a good sig for others.
Can you consider a render pasted over fancy effects a "good" signature? If the sig looks appealing, it's a "good" signature.
What about a single sprite over simple backgrounds? It depends, if your sprite is too small and the background or dimension is wide, it simply looks awkward. The size of the sprite/render/image matters on sig making..
What if you take a picture, crop it and put a border around it? Can you consider that a signature? Yes? A signature simply defines you to be different from the rest who don't have sigs. Really.
tongue.gif

If you ask me, I think that forum signatures are there to indicate that the post is a legit post by a certain poster (blah mouthful) You're quite right, it makes you stand out from the others if you have a decent sig.

Discuss?
For me, gradient maps and filters on the background make a good sig. Emphasis and blending between the background and render make it look attractive, too.
I hope it made sense.. even a little. *yawn*
yay.gif

A definition of a signature from me is something that makes you distinctive. That's all.
biggrin.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
A signature should say something about you, about what you like for example.
Take my sig.

It says Wabsta, which is my nickname.
It's fancy in the shape of the Nintendo logo, since I'm fond of Nintendo.
And it has 2 characters of a game I like very much behind it.

Note that it was my goal to change the stuff behind it every now and then, this is just the second time tho.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a forum signature ?
it should be one that you enjoyed creating where it has an image of interest . one that you edited and took your time , should be simple and clean . over doing with effects isn't that great , and having a C4D/PNG in it isn't that amazing when put into a image that is 500x150 px to the max .

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wabsta said:
A signature should say something about you, about what you like for example.
Take my sig.

It says Wabsta, which is my nickname.
It's fancy in the shape of the Nintendo logo, since I'm fond of Nintendo.
And it has 2 characters of a game I like very much behind it.

Note that it was my goal to change the stuff behind it every now and then, this is just the second time tho.
You're right.
yay.gif
Signatures are about your interest. For example, My siggy is Sora because Kingdom Hearts is my favorite. Am I right or not?
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @salazarcosplay https://gbatemp.net/blogs/me.17283/ +1