Delta emulator now available on the App Store for iOS

Delta-Beta-logo-main-631243875.png

The time has finally come, and after many, many years (if not decades) of Apple users having to side load emulator apps into their iOS devices through unofficial stores (like AltStore), emulators are finally a reality in the official Apple Store for iOS devices.

The Delta emulator, the successor to the original GBA4iOS emulator, has just been officially added today to the Apple Store for iOS, with the emulator supporting the following consoles from the get-go:
  • Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
  • Nintendo 64
  • Game Boy
  • Game Boy Color
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Nintendo DS
The emulator also includes a wide variety of features expected from an emulator nowadays, like cheat support, save states, fast forward, controller support like Nintendo's JoyCons and Pro Cotrollers, Xbox One/Series and PlayStation 4/5 controllers (through Bluetooth), local multiplayer with up to 4 players at the same time, and even a featured called "Delta Sync", which syncs game data (saves, save states, cheats, etc.) between several devices, relying on Google Drive and Dropbox for the cloud service.

It's important to note that at the time of writing, Delta is currently not supported for iPad devices, and worse yet, Delta is unavailable in the EU, with the only option of getting Delta on iOS devices in the EU is through the AltStore.

:arrow: Delta Emulator App Store page
:arrow: Delta Emulator website

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredible. N64 games on your iPhone, approved by Apple through the App Store. What a time to be alive.
Post automatically merged:

Well not almost impossible, though very hard. AltStore for example, but it's a pain connecting it to your Mac every week to resign the stuff or whatever. Setting it up in the first place is a pain. Glad we can finally kick all that to the curb.
I wouldn’t classify altstore as shady

A few years back thousands of us knowingly messed with spyware to jailbreak our phones (pangu) so it could be much much worse lol at least altstore we can trust and doesn’t have anything nefarious

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well hope is up for an (native working on) Apple TV compatible emulator, would you have guessed that? Fantasizing already

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can’t Apple TV use any App Store app?
When I browse the App store on the Apple TV it seems that not all apps are available. I guess the developer has to explicit publish its app on the 'Apple TV store'. Guess because of different controls and lack of touchscreen for example.

Segger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded this as soon as I saw some post about it on Reddit or whatever.

In the past I followed their guide for making a dev account and installing AltStore and Delta a couple years ago and there was no hope of me trying to convince my friends to do the same so we could try out the local netplay options.

Definitely gonna give it a go now and try some Seiken Densetsu with my gf. Hopefully it doesn't go away anytime soon..

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Earlier, before I went through the Altstore method, Delta wasn't available in Apple's app store for me to download when I decided to search for it. Only afterwards was it searchable...
I had that problem after seeing this thread tbh, so I simply clicked the link in the OP to take me straight to it.

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The dev had mentioned Apple TV support being a long time dream, but has run into complications
Because I'm in Europe I had to install the AltStore, so guessing for EU citizens (for now) must install an alternative marketplace to install the Delta Emulator and I don't know if the Apple TV is also ruled to have an alternate store. Time will tell :)

Pikolou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because I'm in Europe I had to install the AltStore, so guessing for EU citizens (for now) must install an alternative marketplace to install the Delta Emulator and I don't know if the Apple TV is also ruled to have an alternate store. Time will tell :)

Changing Country/Region on appleid(dot)apple(dot)com?

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Changing Country/Region on appleid(dot)apple(dot)com?
I'll wait on reports that Delta is available on the 'Apple TV store'. I don't mind the required Altstore in the EU but again I would be surprised to see the altstore possibility on the Apple TV. Guess when the Delta Emulator is Apple TV ready the only way is to release it is on the Apple TV store (again if the EU rules apply to the Apple TV store) for all regions. We will see :).
Post automatically merged:

Quick question about importing multiple ROM with the same title but different region or version. This because I would like to test Virtual Console or Rev1 of US or EU versions within Delta for example.
Sometimes these roms will all be dispayed like 'Frogger' but no information about what version or region. I know I can rename the ROMS but is there another way to obtain the extra information within Delta?

Last edited by grimson,

Pikolou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll wait on reports that Delta is available on the 'Apple TV store'. I don't mind the required Altstore in the EU but again I would be surprised to see the altstore possibility on the Apple TV. Guess when the Delta Emulator is Apple TV ready the only way is to release it is on the Apple TV store (again if the EU rules apply to the Apple TV store) for all regions. We will see :).
I didn't see you were talking about  TV. While waiting for the native version you can still use airplay ^_^

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had that problem after seeing this thread tbh, so I simply clicked the link in the OP to take me straight to it.
It was too late for me since I already went through installing the app using the AltStore alternative, but once I couldn't add any games in Delta after that then that's when I thought to look up Delta through Apple's app store.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/