• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Democratic Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-401606

Well I am a Republican but if your party wants any chance of beating Trump they better run Joe Biden. Warren is going to get crushed if you guys elect her as the democratic candidate. If you guys hadn't elected Hilary, Biden would have beat Trump in 2016.

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
Mediocre. The Hispanic pandering was cringe, Castro's trans blunder was funny (abortion rights for trans women, when he meant to say trans men, as trans women have penises and cannot biologically carry a child), predictable vilification of "dah tap one percent", bogus wealth redistribution rhetoric, etc.

I don't think these debates changed the game at all. Biden is still the most viable and the best chance of beating Trump in the general, followed by Sanders. I really like Yang personally but I don't agree with much of his platform. Gabbard is a fox with some military cred and not a war-monger, but she's too left for my taste.

Reactions: tatripp

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mediocre. The Hispanic pandering was cringe, Castro's trans blunder was funny (abortion rights for trans women, when he meant to say trans men, as trans women have penises and cannot biologically carry a child), predictable vilification of "dah tap one percent", bogus wealth redistribution rhetoric, etc.

I don't think these debates changed the game at all. Biden is still the most viable and the best chance of beating Trump in the general, followed by Sanders. I really like Yang personally but I don't agree with much of his platform. Gabbard is a fox with some military cred and not a war-monger, but she's too left for my taste.
Just out of curiosity do you consider yourself conservative? I am just trying to get a pulse for the current situation.

Well I am a Republican but if your party wants any chance of beating Trump they better run Joe Biden. Warren is going to get crushed if you guys elect her as the democratic candidate. If you guys hadn't elected Hilary, Biden would have beat Trump in 2016.

would it be fair to say that if this is the case that your vote is hard locked for the next election? Just curious.

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,
Reactions: Iamapirate
D

Deleted-401606

Just out of curiosity do you consider yourself conservative? I am just trying to get a pulse for the current situation.
How will that help you get a pulse? 95% of GBAtemps population are Democrats. If Bernie wins the primary Americans will get scared and vote for Trump again(which I have no problem with). I am not sure if Biden would beat Trump but he has by far the best chance out of anyone.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to understand how conservatives see the debates. I am Just asking people what they thought on all sides of the spectrum. If its you feel its out of place no need to answer. I am just trying to understand how conservatives from all angles of the right see this. Your answer seemed honest and earnest so it got me curious.

How will that help you get a pulse? 95% of GBAtemps population are Democrats. If Bernie wins the primary Americans will get scared and vote for Trump again(which I have no problem with). I am not sure if Biden would beat Trump but he has by far the best chance out of anyone.

ive seen pages and pages of discussion of this forum lean towards the right... so i am not sure about the 95% number

Last edited by WD_GASTER2,

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country

would it be fair to say that if this is the case that your vote is hard locked for the next election? Just curious.
I would say so. I'm fiscally conservative and socially moderate. I was actually a Bernie fan in 2015 before changing my views and educating myself.

D

Deleted-401606

I want to understand how conservatives see the debates. I am Just asking people what they thought on all sides of the spectrum. If its you feel its out of place no need to answer. I am just trying to understand how conservatives from all angles of the right see this. Your answer seemed honest and earnest so it got me curious.

ive seen pages and pages of discussion of this forum lean towards the right... so i am not sure about the 95% number

Conservatives feel attacked here and on other websites(reddit,twitter,ect.) so they feel the need to be more vocal. Temp used to ban people much more than it does now. I think since the mods changed so much over the years most don't care enough just to ban people for having different views.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps, but I am here and I am not attacking you. I am honestly just wanted to hear your thoughts. I know a lot of heavy blows in opinions get exchanged around here, but I legitimate wanted to see how people saw the ideas proposed in contrast to the 3 or so years of the current admin. I really mean it when i say i am not here to debate your opinion. I just wanted to see how the other side saw this.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah the impression i have gotten is that its pretty back and forth... but maybe that is just me.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Conservatives feel attacked here and on other websites(reddit,twitter,ect.) so they feel the need to be more vocal. Temp used to ban people much more than it does now. I think since the mods changed so much over the years most don't care enough just to ban people for having different views.

Stop conflating conservatism and hard right either bordering on or just blatant open nationalism and racism and all the other crap you're finding on this forum apart from when you're not talking about video games.
People aren't getting attacked for 'well old values have some place in today's world too', they're being attacked for arguing bullshit about overpopulation or that Mexicans deserve dying like dogs in needlessly expensive desert concentration camps or that 'Antifa and the radical left' are much much much more dangerous than proud boys and other white pride organizations, when one has been killing people and is marching on a common believe that killing more is a good idea.

Like, come on. Also 95%? Jesus you guys love your victim role, don't you?

I never got the feel that Temp was overly left wing.
Because it isn't. The adults in the room maybe, but with the influx of obvious baiting right wing trolls and hordes of 13 year old edge lords who literally have no idea what they're talking about, it's more likely to be leaning to the right here

Reactions: catlover007

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
okay you had me until you compared Antifa to the Proud Boys. Proud Boys aren't in the same league as Antifa, who are actually radical and protected by some in the media.

Reactions: the_leg

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Warren and Castro were the winners from night one I think. Harris and Buttigieg in night two. Biggest losers were de Blasio on night one and Biden on night two. Most of the other candidates' performances were just okay, probably not gonna move the needle much for them in either direction. Ryan, Delaney, and Williamson have no reason to be in this race whatsoever.

Well I am a Republican but if your party wants any chance of beating Trump they better run Joe Biden.
Well that just sounds like you're trying to sabotage us, lol. Biden I think is the least electable of the big name candidates. He's the Hillary Clinton of this election. Too much baggage, and too moderate to bring the base to the polls. Not to mention he's already lost three presidential primary races.

If Bernie wins the primary Americans will get scared and vote for Trump again(which I have no problem with).
There are far more registered Democrats than Republicans. I think if 2016 taught us anything, it's that moderates will turn out to vote for a progressive, but progressives will not turn out to vote for a moderate. Just puts fuel on the "both parties are the same" fire when we run 'Republican Lite' candidates like Biden.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Kioku

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Xzi. for a moment i thought the intent of this thread was gonna go the way of the dodo.
Like i said i can only speak for myself but the intent of this thread is to just legit get people's opinions. There are a ton of other threads in this forum where people can take shots at each other all they want.

Reactions: Xzi

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a Democratic Debate? Did any of them figure out which way you turn a screwdriver when removing a screw?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My opinion as an immigrant: You guys need to learn the benefits of a third party.
Yes, they can win. Happened in a few European countries already.
They can't win with our current 'first past the post' system. We need more than three parties, but reforming to a ranked choice voting system would be necessary before we'll see more than two.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mediocre. The Hispanic pandering was cringe
dCzN6O6.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well that just sounds like you're trying to sabotage us, lol. Biden I think is the least electable of the big name candidates. He's the Hillary Clinton of this election. Too much baggage, and too moderate to bring the base to the polls. Not to mention he's already lost three presidential primary races.
At least someone else sees it. I don't get why people are hyping him up. He's going to lose to Trump, if he wins the primaries.

Reactions: Iamapirate and Xzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway