• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Democrats fail to advance the For the People Act

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This bill would have completely screwed Biden over, I guess he doesn't care since he wont run again. Still so upset we didnt get Bernie. Ill have to look at the bill myself a bit closer, wikipedia has become corporate propaganda in many cases. Some of it is ridiculous, you cant have voting without proving who you are... why would Democrats want this? No other country would leave themselves so vulnerable to fraud, unless the people in power were in control of the fraud.

Im also curious what these vague "ethics" rules will be, just a loophole allowing the democrats to use big tech and their media connections to get rid officials that don't play along?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't go outside much do you? Every post I ever read from you is just a bunch of talking points where you don't actually make any point, just fallacy arguments. If you really want to support left wing politics just be quiet, you are the kind of person right wingers would point to in an ad hominem attack.

Big talk, silly billy, but even if you or right leaning folk don't like me, it doesn't mean my arguments are invalid. Veritas is a fraud organization that has been made to apologize and pay out money on more than one occasion, CRT is a legitimate field of study that handles the broader issues of racism trickling down to the modern day, and you still need to learn how to cite more than a single source in your replies. Thanks for the cross-thread love, though!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

wikipedia has become corporate propaganda in many cases.
Excuse me...
C-Can I re read that, a-a-am I off my rocker?
Let me try that again.
what?
Yeah I don't know about that chief. Considering that ANYONE can edit it, leads me to believe that it's really a big fat challenge to do that. Since you know many people use it often and is massive resource

Last edited by ,

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This bill would have completely screwed Biden over, I guess he doesn't care since he wont run again. Still so upset we didnt get Bernie.

Left has a nasty habit of torpedoing traditional liberals, if the GOP primaries were as rigged as the DNC Jeb Bush would of been president.

This dumb ass bill, that would of been struck down without a constitutional amendment was just "Super delegates" for CA and the east coast.

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Left has a nasty habit of torpedoing traditional liberals, if the GOP primaries were as rigged as the DNC Jeb Bush would of been president.

This dumb ass bill, that would of been struck down without a constitutional amendment was just "Super delegates" for CA and the east coast.

This feels a little bit backwards. The east coast has the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida all tending to line up purple at best and deep red otherwise. The pacific ocean, on the other hand, only has three monolith states that are blue-pilled as fluff! You'd think it'd be "super delegates" over there~ Which it kinda should be. The world is a smaller place since the beginning of the new millennium: voting is more sophisticated and faster than ever before, and everyone should have a voice now that technology can utilize it. The right is just heartbroken at the idea that a democracy of the people, determined by actual popular vote, would essentially crush any chance of the party holding onto power, but lucky for them, the mission statement of the USA has been drowned in greed and totalitarianism.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Nobody cares what some partisan "fact checker" (nobody lied or trolled online before pre 2016 of course; that's totally why they are here).

Explain your view, and defend it yourself.

Fact checking is "partisan" because the right has declared reality their enemy. Acknowledging verifiable historical events and scientific discoveries goes against everything they stand for.

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fact checking is "partisan" because the right has declared reality their enemy. Acknowledging verifiable historical events and scientific discoveries goes against everything they stand for.

No fact checkers are partisan because they lie by omission and focus on jokes and hyperbole to censor narratives they dislike and funded by partisans who have an agenda.

I bet they call them "Fact checkers" in China too.
1K4wHu5.png

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No fact checkers are partisan because they lie by omission and focus on jokes and hyperbole to censor narratives they dislike and funded by partisans who have an agenda.

I bet they call them "Fact checkers" in China too.

Says the man who doesn't read sources, links to "comedy" right wing videos, and refuses to give a shred of empathy for others while using absolutely rubbish memes for an audience of, what, 3 people who live in the same bubble? Maybe a pinch hypocritical there!

Reactions: Cortador
D

Deleted User

Lol. Where was fact checking pre 2016? Why is it all of a sudden needed? People are partisan, so yeah, the fact checking sites are all bias as hell.

I can make up my own mind about stuff, I remember when I first got into finding / writing exploits for software vulnerabilities during college (dinosaur era, people used strcmp() ) and all my friends hated the gov and were anti-censorship. I still talk to some of them - they back IPFS in many cases but want it.. censored. And they love the Feds.

You are being played by the media into thinking everyone who isn't on your party is your enemy. Just leave us alone. Growing up the KKK would round up a dozen or so idiots and walk around the capital, the ones today don't even wear coverings - good luck getting a job. I wish the same applied to left-wing terrorists, which is frankly where 99% of the terrorism has been coming from. "b-b-b-ut Jan 7!". They showed up w/ no guns, got let inside by the police and put their shoes on peoples desks. I think a Cabinet was broken. Some moron stole booze-hound's laptop.

Anyone know who the Weather Underground are/were? They bombed the capital several times, and killed / wounded a lot of people. In early 2016 a man who supported bernie sanders (irrelevant, crazy people are crazy) shot up a baseball game trying to kill as many Republicans as possible.

The man who shot Ashlii Babbit was there that day. Interesting footage.

If you trust the government, you don't know history. Rights are taken, never given back, and those who obsesses over safety to the point they willingly give their rights away deserve neither safety nor rights.

No, that would be you - actually. See your last posting.

This is a video game site. You are in an echo chamber. Not many adults here.

Excuse me...
C-Can I re read that, a-a-am I off my rocker?

Let me try that again.

what?
Yeah I don't know about that chief. Considering that ANYONE can edit it, leads me to believe that it's really a big fat challenge to do that. Since you know many people use it often and is massive resource

It actually is very biased. My Mom is pretty Jewy, and would use this app that alerted her any time Israel was mentioned in a poll. Or when a wiki article was edited talking about them in a negative light. Kind of like the 2016 russian/Macedonian bot farm thing from woodsy drunk chick.

D

Deleted User

It actually is very biased. My Mom is pretty Jewy, and would use this app that alerted her any time Israel was mentioned in a poll. Or when a wiki article was edited talking about them in a negative light. Kind of like the 2016 russian/Macedonian bot farm thing from woodsy drunk chick.
So... in other words. You believe that you know more than the entire internet. If someone makes a factual error, it get's corrected on Wikipedia from another person, or the article in question get's reverted. Your effectively saying "oh well it's pretty biased because I disagree with the 50+ contributors"
that's ludicrous

Reactions: Xzi
D

Deleted User

So... in other words. You believe that you know more than the entire internet. If someone makes a factual error, it get's corrected on Wikipedia from another person, or the article in question get's reverted. Your effectively saying "oh well it's pretty biased because I disagree with the 50+ contributors"
that's ludicrous

"Wikipedia is biased" != "you believe you know more than the entire Internet".

You realize, kind of like how you feel that you have to come out on top in this thread of gamers, that people who aim to change certain areas of history, society, etc, do not always care about what is true. They might think what they know to be true, with all the best intentions in mind.

However it is usually the most persistent, motivated, and opinionated (biased) people who win when it comes to how things are presented on living documents, both online and offline.

Look at the USS Liberty. Look at the King David Hotel bombing article. You seriously think these are fair, and not just borderline fantasy by the people who have the most to lose ?

My Mom was born in Israel. They actually took classes on editing Wikipedia articles. With some maturity, you will eventually see that not everything you read is true. That doesn't mean all of it isn't.

Only 50ish contributors? That's wrong, but it is far too few, and people with wisdom have far more important things to do than edit an Internet page all day.

The great reset was a "vast right wing conspiracy" last year. Is it now?

D

Deleted User

"Wikipedia is biased" != "you believe you know more than the entire Internet".
People use Wikipedia every day, any one of those people can edit or change the articles usually. There's even talk pages about what adjustments need to be done. Just as easily as one bad actor can change it incorrectly, another can fix it. So therefore, yeah, I can make that, perhaps not the entire internet if you want to be nickpicky, but practically the bulk of it.

Only 50ish contributors? That's wrong, but it is far too few, and people with wisdom have far more important things to do than edit an Internet page all day.
I say 50+. Not 50. Because simply put, I didn't know how many people use it. I took what is a gross underestimate and add a plus, since I knew if I just threw out a random number, I'd be wrong. Wikipedia has billions of people who use it (not registered) daily.

Further more, also false. People with wisdom, who know their shit, do and will edit those pages. It isn't every single historian in existence or some expert on the matter. However it doesn't have to be, since there's a thing called sources
Which is why wikipedia generally speaking, especially now a days is fairly decent. Since most claims have to be backed up, and then people will look at that source.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

People use Wikipedia every day, any one of those people can edit or change the articles usually. There's even talk pages about what adjustments need to be done. Just as easily as one bad actor can change it incorrectly, another can fix it. So therefore, yeah, I can make that, perhaps not the entire internet if you want to be nickpicky, but practically the bulk of it.

You totally missed the point. Ever tried to edit an article - adding information that is backed by hundreds of sources, only to have it removed seconds later with some bullshit reason? Some people go outside, and can't commit the amount of time it takes to defeat a retraction from a high-producing writer. The more someone produces, specifically on 'touchy' topics, generally the more biased they are.

I contracted for government for decades, and you should find out sooner than later just how far groups/governments/media will go to dominate the "truth" on living documents.

But old books are all white supreme pizza history, so they're no good or something? This is how they condition you these days - they tried it on my kids, but they know better to accept things just 'cuz'.

D

Deleted User

You totally missed the point. Ever tried to edit an article - adding information that is backed by hundreds of sources, only to have it removed seconds later with some bullshit reason? Some people go outside, and can't commit the amount of time it takes to defeat a retraction from a high-producing writer. The more someone produces, specifically on 'touchy' topics, generally the more biased they are.
If your linking sources from the likes of fox news. who has a really poor accuracy score with their reporting. than yeah, of course it's going to get shutdown. On the other hand, if it ends up wrongly getting thrown out. People can undo a change such as that through versioning. Again, as simple as it can be thrown out, it's just as simple to fix.

Now that you brought it up, what page exactly where you trying to change? Would you mind linking me those sources?

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Now that you brought it up, what page exactly where you trying to change? Would you mind linking me those sources?
But old books are all white supreme pizza history, so they're no good or something? This is how they condition you these days - they tried it on my kids, but they know better to accept things just 'cuz'.
Dude was trying to use Jim Crow era history textbooks as a source for his edits. Of course Wikipedia rejected that shit in a split second, lol.

Reactions: Deleted User

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Flame war removed, everyone participating in it was warned accordingly. Senior members should know how to behave - if you can't keep your cool then perhaps it's time to walk away from the keyboard for a moment. Responding to posts that violate the ToS is not an excuse to violate it yourself - I am perfectly happy to slap all three of you, regardless of who started it.

Reactions: tabzer
D

Deleted User

Go ahead big guy - I have 2 other accounts. I like how you left their last posts up, misquoting me. You're an anti-semite and partisan and in no place to be a moderator. Unlmited emails / IPs has been a thing for a long time.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Go ahead big guy - I have 2 other accounts. I like how you left their last posts up, misquoting me. You're an anti-semite and partisan and in no place to be a moderator. Unlmited emails / IPs has been a thing for a long time.
I've left up posts that are not in violation of our rules board, meaning ones that don't include flaming. Thank you for confirming that you also have additional accounts, which is a separate ToS violation - one which you're now getting suspended for, pending further investigation. Cheerio!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh