DeSmuME-NX: WIP DS emulator for Switch!

Last edited by MasterFeizz,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I added a portrait mode for fun, if anyone's interested. Just a quick little modification. Source is here, and I attached a compiled version to this post. I also disabled advanced memory timing, which the DeSmuME source claims is "reasonable to disable as a speed hack", but I haven't noticed any difference myself. I'm somewhat interested in porting some of the optimizations from the nds4droid project, specifically its JIT and/or threaded interpreter, but I won't have much time to do so for a while, and I realize MasterFeizz has already moved on to a melonDS port, so it probably isn't even worth the time. For now, I'll just leave this small update here so we can enjoy some "progress". ;)

Thank-you for contributing, but It Doesn't Want to get Past "SoftRast Initialized with cores=4" on FW 5.0.2

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thank-you for contributing, but It Doesn't Want to get Past "SoftRast Initialized with cores=4" on FW 5.0.2

Your desmume folder must be in the switch folder.

Within the desmume folder there is the roms folder.

Place rims in that roms folder within the denim folder.

If desmum folder is not in the switch folder with roms placed were I said you will get that message with no roms list

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your desmume folder must be in the switch folder.

Within the desmume folder there is the roms folder.

Place rims in that roms folder within the denim folder.

If desmum folder is not in the switch folder with roms placed were I said you will get that message with no roms list

Yeah didn't work, but I'll try to see what the issue is so maybe I can play around, and fix it I mean it seems like it's working for everyone else.

Last edited by Proto-Propski, , Reason: Clarified My Statement

jose1209

Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
the portrait mode is a way better, skipping 2 frames and without sound, some games work fine.

thanks !!

it look to just miss some optimize code to make it great !

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
@SeannyM Thanks for your effort!
Would it be possible to add a side by side screen layout in landscape mode with one screen being bigger than the other (basically like the Wii U VC handled DS games)?
Sure it would be possible, but if I do work on this more I'll probably put priority on speed improvements, as I mentioned earlier.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure it would be possible, but if I do work on this more I'll probably put priority on speed improvements, as I mentioned earlier.
In my opinion it's much more better if we get landscape mode especially in the fullscreen. To be honest there's no point to just make in portrait mode and make your switch standing without even a standard? Also it'll kill the portability of switch because you'll gonna force yourself to take of the joycons.

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion it's much more better if we get landscape mode especially in the fullscreen. To be honest there's no point to just make in portrait mode and make your switch standing without even a standard? Also it'll kill the portability of switch because you'll gonna force yourself to take of the joycons.
This post is almost inaudible to me.

I hope you're not insinuating that you'd rather take a screen change over better performance? If so, you're borderline insane.

Last edited by ownedlol,
Reactions: Trunks2304

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This post is almost inaudible to me.

I hope you're not insibuating that you'd rather take a screen change over better performance? If so, you're borderline insane.
We have to appreciate the different in our opinions.
This all I can say. And thanks for your kindness.

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone wanna test a build for me? I compiled a build with the ARM JIT, though I doubt it actually works right now. There's a bit of platform-specific memory code in there that I don't currently know how to write for the Switch, so it's disabled and that probably breaks everything. I honestly don't even know if everything is correctly set up for the ARM JIT to actually be used. I just want to see if this build does anything, but my Switch is currently on 5.1.0 and I haven't been able to get homebrew working on it yet. Let me know what happens if you try the build!

Attachments

• DeSmuME-NX.zip
    941.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by Hydr8gon,

Leonidas87

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone wanna test a build for me? I compiled a build with the ARM JIT, though I doubt it actually works right now. There's a bit of platform-specific memory code in there that I don't currently know how to write for the Switch, so it's disabled and that probably breaks everything. I honestly don't even know if everything is correctly set up for the ARM JIT to actually be used. I just want to see if this build does anything, but my Switch is currently on 5.1.0 and I haven't been able to get homebrew working on it yet. Let me know what happens if you try the build!

I'll test for sure on 4.1.0 and 5.0.2 brb

ownedlol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

God, I will cum if this works.

Here's hoping. I'll test it out before I go to sleep a bit later.

S3RG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

just tested. the menu loads and I can select a game but after that I'm stuck on this screen. 1527988133261748647733797514103.jpg I am on 4.1.0 will test on 5.0.2 in a sec

Reactions: Hydr8gon

Twistedziefer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on 5.0.2 app loads and freezes when it states "Softcast Initialized with cores=4"

Hydr8gon

Dragon Trainer
Developer
Trophies
Website
hydr8gon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
just tested. the menu loads and I can select a game but after that I'm stuck on this screen. View attachment 128999 I am on 4.1.0 will test on 5.0.2 in a sec
Thanks, that's about what I expected honestly. It's good to see that it's trying to load the JIT at least. It'll be much easier to work on this once I can test on my own again. I don't mean to get anyone's hopes up, I'm really just messing around hoping things will work :D

Reactions: S3RG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: STDs as Pokemon hmmm Gonorrhea kind of sounds Pokemonish lol