Hacking Question Did i just f* up my switch !? (read below!)

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Hey guys, i need help with my switch.
i was an idiot thinking it would be fine to just update from system settings..

so what i did was i used sx os menu and booted into OFW and updated through settings, thinking it was fine..

was updating to 8.0.1 and im thinking that is supported already by both sx and atmosphere nx right?

anyways at first i lost auto rcm so i reenabled that, then i was like okay let me boot into sx os (i put its latest update on my microsd/and atmosphere's as well).

thing is after the splash logo of either sx/atmos appears then i see nintendo logo and after that i get an error telling me to power off.

for atmsphere says similar thing, error code 2000-000 etc. under it ,it says title 010000000100 and firmware 8.0.1

one note : i had themes from nxtheme installer installed on both sx/ams.
am i supposed to delete some folders in root/switch/titles or something (do i need to delete themes, or is that not the problem here.. since im guessing it would just replace those files if they did not work right?)

im just hoping the updating through settings didnt mess this up, i was abit too lazy to search for the latest fw etc. for use with choidujour *sigh*

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

bananapi761

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, i need help with my switch.
i was an idiot thinking it would be fine to just update from system settings..

so what i did was i used sx os menu and booted into OFW and updated through settings, thinking it was fine..

was updating to 8.0.1 and im thinking that is supported already by both sx and atmosphere nx right?

anyways at first i lost auto rcm so i reenabled that, then i was like okay let me boot into sx os (i put its latest update on my microsd/and atmosphere's as well).

thing is after the splash logo of either sx/atmos appears then i see nintendo logo and after that i get an error telling me to power off.

for atmsphere says similar thing, error code 2000-000 etc. under it ,it says title 010000000100 and firmware 8.0.1

one note : i had themes from nxtheme installer installed on both sx/ams.
am i supposed to delete some folders in root/switch/titles or something (do i need to delete themes, or is that not the problem here.. since im guessing it would just replace those files if they did not work right?)

im just hoping the updating through settings didnt mess this up, i was abit too lazy to search for the latest fw etc. *sigh*
Yes, themes were broken from 8.0, and an error screen indicates that your switch shouldn't be bricked. Try deleting the theme folder from sx/titles and/or atmosphere/titles.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yes, themes were broken from 8.0, and an error screen indicates that your switch shouldn't be bricked. Try deleting the theme folder from sx/titles and/or atmosphere/titles.

phew..
man that did the trick, just deleted some theme folder from both sx and ams title folders.

thx a bunch!

so nx themes are not compatible then anymore? ;-;

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah don't update from the system anymore use Choidujour. You could have already gotten banned doing that and you most likely burned fuses.

I'm pretty sure you can re-install the themes now.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah don't update from the system anymore
But updating via system updater is okay. I updated my switch from 6.2 to 7.0.1 (to the time where 7.0.1 was the latest firmware) and didn't burn any fuses, because i rebooted in the custom bootloader. That prevents you from burning fuses. And atmosphere too. Atm it is safe to update via updater without burning fuses.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhe5d1WED8 +1