Different types of Official Gamepad limited editions/designs

Th3L3g3nd12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the Zelda gamepad the only official Nintendo made gamepad? Are there others like it? I’m not saying like attached skins or cases. But actually designed gamepads like the Zelda one

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget the development and kiosk gamepads.

From Luckless Heaven:

DRC-DK-MP:
WUT-003_PLACEHOLDER-1920w.png

The "standard" development gamepad. Supports both wired and wireless connectivity.

DRC-DK-TV:
WUT-004_PLACEHOLDER-1920w.png

An extended version of the development gamepad that has HDMI output. Requires a Wii U console AC adapter and only has wired connectivity.

WUT-012:
WUT-012_PLACEHOLDER-1920w.png

An unknown development gamepad that's only been referenced in Anatel (Brazilian FCC equivalent) documentation.

...and also kiosk gamepads:

WIS-003:
WIS-003-1920w.png

Looks similar to a retail gamepad, except it has a thicc cable for power and wired signalling, and the Power button is non-functional.

There's also the various prototype gamepads, but I don't have a full listing of those at the moment.

Th3L3g3nd12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget the development and kiosk gamepads.

From Luckless Heaven:

DRC-DK-MP:
WUT-003_PLACEHOLDER-1920w.png

The "standard" development gamepad. Supports both wired and wireless connectivity.

DRC-DK-TV:
WUT-004_PLACEHOLDER-1920w.png

An extended version of the development gamepad that has HDMI output. Requires a Wii U console AC adapter and only has wired connectivity.

WUT-012:
WUT-012_PLACEHOLDER-1920w.png

An unknown development gamepad that's only been referenced in Anatel (Brazilian FCC equivalent) documentation.

...and also kiosk gamepads:

WIS-003:
WIS-003-1920w.png

Looks similar to a retail gamepad, except it has a thicc cable for power and wired signalling, and the Power button is non-functional.

There's also the various prototype gamepads, but I don't have a full listing of those at the moment.
Woah interesting finds! I meant purchasable usable finished product ones lol but thank you for the interesting history!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?