PS1/2 Digimon World

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Atm I'm making and also porting some codes of Digimon World 1 for PSX (Walk through walls, unrig slotmachine, stuff like that)

Also one code I have for the Japanese version is:

Getting a new Technique everytime you train IQ.
8008A03A 1421
8008AEDA 1080

Now I was trying to search for the same values through PEC but couldn't find them adressing the same adress resulted in nothing.

What could I do to get the code right?

I would write a new one but I actually don't know what value to search vor.

For those who don't know: The game uses somes sort of weird RNG which lets you get by a 5-10% Chance a new technique if you train your IQ status.
This code kinda makes it a 100% chance.

I want to port this code to the US and PAL Versions of the game.

Any help is appreciated.

MajinCry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...I'm no pro in producing cheats, but if you can find a code that does the exact same thing in the japanese, US and PAL versions, and do a lil' math.

Be warned, this technique will not work for Assembly (ASM) codes, as those are custom bits of code, rather than simple value changes.

Get the Japanese and (For this example, US) US versions of the cheat, open up a hex editor, then take the US hex address away from the Japanese version (Could be vice versa...I forget. Trial and error, my friend!). This will get you an offset (A number that when you add it to the address, should change the code). Apply this offset to the US code and you SHOULD get the japanese code. If not, My memory is muddling itself up.

Now, take this offset away from the Japanese code you have up there, and you should get a US version of the cheat.

Rinse and repeat for the Pal version.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. Did it different but got me the right idea
biggrin.gif

Can be closed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo