Status
Not open for further replies.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that USB Loader GX 3.0 plays well with DML 1.5 with the folders renamed. After using DiscEx, I put the GAMEID in brackets to mimic Wii Backup Loader, and add the game title in front to prevent confusion.
ex: Luigi's Mansion [GLME01]. Also, with DML 1.5, you only need the game.iso in that folder as boot.bin was removed from the code.
Do games in the GCReEx format still work with DML 1.5?

Yes, btw, GX cant see FST format tho

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, with DML 1.5, you only need the game.iso in that folder as boot.bin was removed from the code.
Interesting, I may give it a try after I'm done with Quadforce, I didn't wanna update as dml v1.4b works just fine with my games!
Thats wrong, you guys understand that wrong. You always only needed the game.iso, the boot.bin was used for the old boot method (see dios-mios booter).

Really? Why that? I mean dios-mios booter and wiiflow can do just fine since its not really hard to implement.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Why that? I mean dios-mios booter and wiiflow can do just fine since its not really hard to implement.

Dimok didn't want to impliment it because he got mad that DML was changing formats all the time. He thought if he added support for it, it would change a day later. I tried looking at your code compared to gx's, i couldn't figure out how to add it :P

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
You always only needed the game.iso, the boot.bin was used for the old boot method (see dios-mios booter).

So are you saying I can now just have the .iso file inside of a folder inside the "games" folder? or do I still need the .sys file and such?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
You always only needed the game.iso, the boot.bin was used for the old boot method (see dios-mios booter).
So are you saying I can now just have the .iso file inside of a folder inside the "games" folder? or do I still need the .sys file and such?
For that matter, anyone know if there's any loaders that still NEED all the folder names and extra files and stuff?

Dimok didn't want to impliment it because he got mad that DML was changing formats all the time. He thought if he added support for it, it would change a day later. I tried looking at your code compared to gx's, i couldn't figure out how to add it :P
Silly, Dimok.
He's only adding NEW formats, not changing anything.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For that matter, anyone know if there's any loaders that still NEED all the folder names and extra files and stuff?
Well afaik sneek and uneek still need it because they use the sys folder for stuff. Oh and @[member='sonictopfan'], you at least need to have the iso files named game.iso and they need to be in a subfolder, the name doesnt matter of that folder.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='sonictopfan'], you at least need to have the iso files named game.iso and they need to be in a subfolder, the name doesnt matter of that folder.

This is awesome news, it will save me a lot of work and trouble if it's true when I copy the games to the HDD "once Dios-Mios is out that is" and it may even save me some space!

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok can someone please help me? I have spent hours trying to get this to work and it just will not boot the game. It always gets stuck on gcloader at "loading main.dol". I have looked everywhere for a solution but I can't find any. PLEASE tell me whats going on here?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not correct. GX can see files extracted with GCReEx just fine. That's how I have set up most of my games.

not FST aka gcreex -x
You must be doing something wrong because most of my games were extracted that way and GX sees them all just fine. It was implemented a few betas ago.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. All I know is i couln't get GX to show the game but i could get DM booter to. Then again, i didnt try all that hard

wrsg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is Dios Mios (USB not sd card) still happening after all the crap that went down?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is Dios Mios (USB not sd card) still happening after all the crap that went down?

i believe crediar said he would continue work on diosmios but after the leak he wouldn't use beta testers, so it will be a "when it's ready" scenario

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok can someone please help me? I have spent hours trying to get this to work and it just will not boot the game. It always gets stuck on gcloader at "loading main.dol". I have looked everywhere for a solution but I can't find any. PLEASE tell me whats going on here?

Most likely you're using a incompatible SD card, try another brand, preferably SanDisk, if it works then it's definitely your SD brand, don't worry the SD isn't bad or corrupted, it's just DML 1.0+ don't detect certain types of SD cards, you can always downgrade to DML r58/r59 those work with all SD cards just fine!

@[member='ddetkowski'] It's nice to see you back to DML :)

@[member='clarky'] Dude I dig your avatar ;)

Reactions: 1 person

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Most likely you're using a incompatible SD card, try another brand, preferably SanDisk, if it works then it's definitely your SD brand, don't worry the SD isn't bad or corrupted, it's just DML 1.0+ don't detect certain types of SD cards, you can always downgrade to DML r58/r59 those work with all SD cards just fine!

@[member='ddetkowski'] It's nice to see you back to DML :)

@[member='clarky'] Dude I dig your avatar ;)
Thanks, but I finally got it to work. It seems that the game just wouldn't play when I shrunk it (Animal Crossing). Once I put the uncompressed iso into the sd card, it played fine. It should have been able to run fine when compressed so I'm not sure what happened there.

xshade

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi, I'm using DML 1.5 with the latest usb loader gx, a 2gb sd card and the loading times inside the game are way to slow.
In Wind Waker I have to wait almost an entire minute for every room, f-zero is unplayable, the game works great, but every menu takes about two minutes to load.
Only game I found to work without loading problems is Luigi's Mansion.
Anyone knows how to solve that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!