Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What I don't get is how crediar managed to get it running from USB in the original project. :unsure:

I think he tried to switch the mem2 from aram mode to mem2 mode for reads and back to aram mode afterwards. Since this switching does not work with the current code, i think it only worked in those games that do not use aram. Well, something like that, let's just just this usb discussion, it's leading nowhere.

Reactions: 1 person

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he forced the Wii to run the Gamecube games in Wii mode, but it had major issues, such as lag from the reading from the USB.

I don't think that's true. I'm pretty sure there would be no way to run Gamecube games in Wii mode.

Yes, it is possible. That is what the original DM did. The problem is that USB access requires using MEM2 which means you have to disable Gamecube ARAM support as MEM2 is also used as GC ARAM which is why only a handful of games worked.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
A weird experiment to whom it may concern:
1. Create dmlr12 wad
2. use showmiiwads to change the IOS slot to 212 (just picked it up, can be any number) and install it with the wad manager
3. Convert any GC ISO to wbfs format using wit and place it in usb://wbfs folder
4. Run USB Loader GX and start the game you converted after changing ios slot to 212
tada...
DML runs the last game you played in DML menu using Neogamma or Postloader
Maybe someone can benefit from this to integrate DML in USB loader GX
n.b. syscheck might give problems when checking ios212 but who cares :)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From now on stuff like "DML runs the last game you played in DML menu using Neogamma or Postloader" will not work, except i get a good reason to change it.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. Create dmlr12 wad
2. use showmiiwads to change the IOS slot to 212 (just picked it up, can be any number) and install it with the wad manager
3. Convert any GC ISO to wbfs format using wit and place it in usb://wbfs folder
4. Run USB Loader GX and start the game you converted after changing ios slot to 212
tada...

This would work for ANY app that loads IOS212 by my understanding. Or any other app for that matter. You can just install DML to any IOS slot and write an app that consists of this as the source:

Code:
#include 

int main() {
IOS_ReloadIOS(###);
return(0);
}

Where ### is the IOS you installed it to.

And all you need to do to boot a different game is update some file on SD card I think. The rest is all handled by DML.

EDIT: Although apparently this won't work for booting last game in newer revisions. But if you added code to update the file on SD, it should work with DML installed as an IOS if you want to have regular MIOS installed as well.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
r17
Deleting the boot.bin after reading. And if there's no boot.bin, DML boots the inserted retail disc. This alows to boot retail GC discs from the disc channel again.
Nice ;) But only retail games? So my old backups on dvd don't work anymore? Is kenobigc.bin supported for this booting as well?
By the way, how do DML handle the disc swapping rutine for multi disc games? (for example Baten Kaitos)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
1. Create dmlr12 wad
tada...

This would work for ANY app that loads IOS212 by my understanding. Or any other app for that matter. You can just install DML to any IOS slot and write an app that consists of this as the source:

Code:
#include 

int main() {
IOS_ReloadIOS(###);
return(0);
}

Where ### is the IOS you installed it to.

And all you need to do to boot a different game is update some file on SD card I think. The rest is all handled by DML.

EDIT: Although apparently this won't work for booting last game in newer revisions. But if you added code to update the file on SD, it should work with DML installed as an IOS if you want to have regular MIOS installed as well.
I wonder if you could have NeoGamma check a designated slot (234 for example) for DML, then MIOS if it isn't there. That way you could run backup discs and DML without having to switch between them.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter what crediar (or anyone else for that matter) thinks/says, it was sold to G0dLiKe therefore he should get to call it whatever he damn well pleases.

That's damn right !

Thats right, yeah.

Anyways ATM I couldn´t care less how its called, the main interest is in getting this baby working and doing what it should and this is becoming better and better.

We can give the girl a name later ;)

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
OP
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Who decided that "c" was property of Wiigator?
Custom firmware for PS3 are © Wiigator because it's called cFW?

cMIOS is not ONLY property of Wiigator, but ok I understand that some users may be confused with the name "cMIOS" (and can think it's the same project/continuation as Wiigator's) instead of "custom MIOS" or "User modified not official MIOS" umnoMIOS?.

I used the name c as a contraction of "custom" to explain to the end users what it was (a modified MIOS), but I never made the relation with a way of internal coding.
I never made the relation of "c" = loading disc, or enabling USB, or whatever user may think it implied. It's just a "custom" as "written not officially by Nintendo".
I never meant to be disrespectful to Crediar either.

Whatever, it's a project meant to replace the function of the original MIOS.
It doesn't need to be tagged.
So let's change the topic again to remove the "cMIOS" string to finally please everyone.

I'm sorry that the topic name made some people angry.

edit:
And to be super exact, should it be uppercased?

No bad feelings mate, I added a poll to this very thread to give ppl a choice for the name, lets see what the outcome is ;)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No bad feelings mate, I added a poll to this very thread to give ppl a choice for the name, lets see what the outcome is ;)
:P Well OK, I would simply leave it this way because it fully explains what we are talking about here.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does it matter what crediar (or anyone else for that matter) thinks/says, it was sold to G0dLiKe therefore he should get to call it whatever he damn well pleases.

That's damn right !

Thats right, yeah.

Anyways ATM I could care less how its called, the main interest is in getting this baby working and doing what it should and this is becoming better and better.

We can give the girl a name later ;)
Ugh, I hate it when people say that. It means you DO care! I'd smack you upside the head right now if you weren't in charge of this project, lol.

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
r17
Deleting the boot.bin after reading. And if there's no boot.bin, DML boots the inserted retail disc. This alows to boot retail GC discs from the disc channel again.
Nice ;) But only retail games? So my old backups on dvd don't work anymore? Is kenobigc.bin supported for this booting as well?
By the way, how do DML handle the disc swapping rutine for multi disc games? (for example Baten Kaitos)

Can the DML include a cMios (such as Wiigator v4 or wanin v10...) that runs all kind of discs and multidisk games when boot.bin is not present?
In this way SD games run with DML menu and All GC game discs run from disc channel.
Abz

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
r17

Has anybody built/tried r18 or r19? Have they fixed the SD card self-destruction? I'd love to retain normal usage for retail discs, but I'm not keen on risking trashing my SD card like r15/16...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anybody built/tried r18 or r19? Have they fixed the SD card self-destruction? I'd love to retain normal usage for retail discs, but I'm not keen on risking trashing my SD card like r15/16...
lol. r19 worked in my first test OK, but WiiPower said it's not completely stable.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should just wait for the public release instead :/

It makes more sense, as they'll be confirmed working as soon as they're put up.

If you really want to play multi-dol games, I suggest you compile the source yourself and backup your SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Temp is back back again