Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, "c" stands for "custom"! :rofl2:

It's packed in a copy of MIOS.
"cMIOS" is WiiGators project. This has nothing to do with it. That's like calling postLoader a "Homebrew Channel", or the Homebrew Channel a "Custom System Menu". It's just wrong.
Let's just agree to disagree. I'll continue to refer to the project as DML, but I still stand by my statement that the newer versions are a custom MIOS as you pack it into MIOS.wad.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The best game for the NGC that I've ever played is Star Fox Assault. It works like a charm with r13 through NeoGamma beta 9 r56, the cutscenes and loading menu do lag quite a tad bit, but doesn't affect gameplay as such.

Just to ask... is anyone else not getting any sound with The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker? I patched it with fstfix and extracted it with DiscEx for those who are wondering.

Also, what is the best recommended revision at the moment?

josemayuste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i need help here!!!! , i´ve already played a lot of games with dios mios lite ( r12 , wad file , loading by an 8 gb class 6 sdhc )
all the games i´ve tested so far where ok , but now all i can see is a black screen ( happens most of the times ) , and in games with 50/60 hz selector
cant get 60hz to work
only 50 hz and with a black bar at the bottom of the screen

i´m using neogamma r9 beta 56

these games are wind waker , and mario kart dd! both of them are PAL so my wii,

but in others like sonic adventure 2 ( 50 / 60 selector ) i get 60 hz working , the random black screen happens at all games , i have to reset my wii until i can see the game properly after a few retries , help please , thank you.

EDIT: for an unknown reason , after selecting ntsc 480p on neogamma gc options , the games now displays correctly...... :S

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who decided that "c" was property of Wiigator?
Custom firmware for PS3 are (c) Wiigator because it's called cFW?

cMIOS is not ONLY property of Wiigator, but ok I understand that some users may be confused with the name "cMIOS" (and can think it's the same project/continuation as Wiigator's) instead of "custom MIOS" or "User modified not official MIOS" umnoMIOS?.

I used the name c as a contraction of "custom" to explain to the end users what it was (a modified MIOS), but I never made the relation with a way of internal coding.
I never made the relation of "c" = loading disc, or enabling USB, or whatever user may think it implied. It's just a "custom" as "written not officially by Nintendo".
I never meant to be disrespectful to Crediar either.

Whatever, it's a project meant to replace the function of the original MIOS.
It doesn't need to be tagged.
So let's change the topic again to remove the "cMIOS" string to finally please everyone.

I'm sorry that the topic name made some people angry.

edit:
And to be super exact, should it be uppercased?

Reactions: 1 person

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why does it matter what crediar (or anyone else for that matter) thinks/says, it was sold to G0dLiKe therefore he should get to call it whatever he damn well pleases.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
Who decided that "c" was property of Wiigator?

No, but the term "cMIOS" is. If crediar ever called SNEEK "cSNEEK" that would be retarded, but okay.

Custom firmware for PS3 are © Wiigator because it's called cFW?

No. It's actually called "CFW", not "cFW", and Dark Alex called it like that.

cMIOS is not ONLY property of Wiigator, but ok I understand that some users may be confused with the name "cMIOS" (and can think it's the same project/continuation as Wiigator's) instead of "custom MIOS" or "User modified not official MIOS" umnoMIOS?.

I used the name c as a contraction of "custom" to explain to the end users what it was (a modified MIOS)
But it isn't a modified MIOS. Nothing of the original MIOS code is left. It simply needs the original MIOS files to load the IPL, which is PPC code, not ARM. The IPL is similar to the GC menus functionality on a real GC.

And to be super exact, should it be uppercased?
Yes.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats lines 440-470 in patches.c, i see no " / " characters to remove. if you did it would not help anything from what i can see.

for those lines to match up you obviously have to look at the first unchanged version of the DML source. i.e. r2

oh yes i forgot that is really obvious. I should take instructions bundled with software and realize I must revert back to an older, completely different download and source to find what I was instructed to look for ! Its so clear now...I once bought furniture from a store but the instructions that came with it actually were meant for a different model, it was so obvious how to put it together after that!

lol j/k, thats not very obvious bro. im not complaining just trying to prevent this thread from getting floods of "where is NMM??!?" even though most prob dont know about it. anyone can to update the instructions? I had DML r2, but deleted it since I figured R12 is really stable.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You don't need to redownload r2 or anything, just look at the source of it on the google code page.

EDIT: Line 455 of patches.c:

Code:
//DoCardPatches( ptr, size, SectionOffset );

line 62:

Code:
//{ 0x11C,		24,	 10,	 7,	  10,	 4,	CARDFreeBlocks,		 sizeof(CARDFreeBlocks), "CARDFreeBlocks B",			 1,			  0 },

line 230 in main.c:

Code:
//CARDUpdateRegisters();

Find those in the latest revision if you want.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, don't use R15 or 16, they destroy the FAT32 filesystem on your SD card.

Srsly, don't.

Use R12, it's the most stable revision right now.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you think this will (In time off course) be able to run off of a USB ? Im only asking because of the very small amount of space that SD/SDHC cards have.

Anyway, Great job to all involved in making this possible !!

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??

SD cards have the same space as USB flashdrives (unless you go to the Terabytes) but SD can go up to 32GB and maybe more.

Also, no, this will ONLY run off SD. DML does not have support for the USB since Gamecube mode shuts off Wii-mode stuff, aka, the USB ports.

(If I'm wrong, correct me anyone)

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
no, this will ONLY run off SD. DML does not have support for the USB since Gamecube mode shuts off Wii-mode stuff, aka, the USB ports.

^^ Thanks.

ATM, I only have a 2gb & 4gb SD card, Just wondering IF it would ever be supported because I have much much larger USB HDD's than SD cards. Not a problem though, Just wondering that all.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube ISOs are generally rather small, around 1.3GB, so your SD could hold 2-3 games.

Some Gamecube games can even be compressed (only a small bit, but still).

It might be able to add USB support, but it would be rather difficult, and possibly not even worth it.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, then I have absolutely no clue what he must have done to add USB support.

Maybe be created a custom Gamecube mode that allowed access to the USB ports? I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/video-games/nearly-all-nintendo-64-games-can-now-be-recompiled-into-...