Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

alaharon123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play sgb games with nsui (specifically I want to play Mole Mania that way, but also so I know how in general)

Mbookus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. More specifically the color palettes. That would be a weird feature to add playing on a big screen to a 3ds injector.
i meant emulating the device itself
and I do not believe support is in NSUI, or will ever be added as you can create custom pallets for gameboy games and it is a very obscure thing to try and emulate

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wou
Yes. More specifically the color palettes. That would be a weird feature to add playing on a big screen to a 3ds injector.
ld be cool if we could, like if they made a 3ds player for wii u

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few different values that are used:

Ghosting:

0xC0:
Fire Emblem and the Sacred Stones, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
0x90: Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Metroid Fusion, Wario Land 4, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
0x80: Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

Those are the values directly in the code.bin. Lower values = more ghosting, which NSUI flips. So to convert a GBA VC ghosting value to NSUI's number, convert the value to decimal and subtract it from 255.

Well, in theory, but currently in NSUI everything is shifted, for example if you use the max 254 it sets 0x00 instead of 0x01. So right now you would instead subtract from 254.

So, to set the above ghosting values in current NSUI, the decimal values you would use are: 62, 110, 126 (respectively)
If this behavior is fixed, then the values will be: 63, 111, 127

Dark Filter:

"Strong dark filter":
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
"Soft dark filter": Fire Emblem and the Sacred Stones, F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Metroid Fusion, The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
"Middle dark filter" (not currently in NSUI): Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Wario Land 4, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$

To clarify these values are to get rid of ghosting as much as possible or just to have them look like the ambassador versions (ghosting present)?

Also is there a noob friendly explanation as to how to decide what ghosting adjustment value will be appropriate per game? Or if there's a list/database somewhere? I set Metroid Fusion to 110 and (on my New 2DS XL at least) there was still quite a lot of ghosting.

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, i only tried de GBA VC injection. I tried my Pokémon Emerald (U) ROM, the same the GBA VC Injector had problems with. Installed on my 3DS and it worked like a charm! I'm still amazed how well it run and sounds, i didn't noticed anything wrong with the emulation. The game is saving and keeping the RTC (went back to check the clock on my bedroom). To me even better would be having the boot intro of the GBA before the game starts, or playing on the lower screen.

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....no, wait, my mistake. That's an option in the Luma3DS configuration settings. "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"

Though if you apply a hard reset patch in NSUI and do a hard-reset in-game, it will boot to the GBA boot screen.

MegaGenesis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
.....no, wait, my mistake. That's an option in the Luma3DS configuration settings. "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM"

Though if you apply a hard reset patch in NSUI and do a hard-reset in-game, it will boot to the GBA boot screen.

Yeah, i looked into that in a online doc. So do i have to patch my AGB_FIRM or its already patched by Luma3DS?

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, i looked into that in a online doc. So do i have to patch my AGB_FIRM or its already patched by Luma3DS?

Already done with Luma. You use a completely unmodified AGB_FIRM with Luma. In fact, it gives you an error if you try using a patched AGB_FIRM.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify these values are to get rid of ghosting as much as possible or just to have them look like the ambassador versions (ghosting present)?

Also is there a noob friendly explanation as to how to decide what ghosting adjustment value will be appropriate per game? Or if there's a list/database somewhere? I set Metroid Fusion to 110 and (on my New 2DS XL at least) there was still quite a lot of ghosting.

Those numbers are to replicate the Ambassador settings. Use 0 for no ghosting effect.

You will still have to deal with the bit of natural ghosting built into the crappy TN displays.

IF you wanted to be "authentic", you'd ideally pick one ghosting amount to replicate whatever model of GBA and use that for all games. I don't see the justification for different settings for different games beyond making it look "better", but 99% of games look better at 0 IMO.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,

TischGraf

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have problems injecting my german Pokemon Fire red and Leaf green. Fire red is caught in some kind of bootloop and Leaf green just black screens and has some kind of crazy buzzing noise coming from the speakers. I have tried alle the different settings and it doesnt work. I am not sure what else i should do. However my german emerald rom works without any problems, same as all the english and japanese roms i tried. Has anyone an idea how i could fix this? I am all out of ideas. Thank you for any input/ ideas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь