Homebrew [DISCUSSION] New Super Ultimate Injector (NSUI)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, that's a bummer.
How come it's closed source?
Not saying that NSUI does or does not, but certain projects are kept closed source because revealing their inner workings would subject them to copyright infringement. When the source code is kept a secret, one can somewhat skirt landing in hot waters as the person or entity defending their IP has to prove without a doubt their work is being directly ripped off versus having been reverse engineered.

The drawback to this is of course means we can't peer review asdolo's works for improvements or oversight. We have to take him by his word, or someone who has seen his source code (without publicly sharing it) would have to vouch for him.

If there was any funny business going on, I'm certain white hat computer experts would have found something in the injector programs and sounded off the alarm.

Reactions: MrJason005

Soyantonio

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm trying to inject Super Tennis (I tried both EU 1.0 and EU 1.1 version) but when I launch it on my 3ds (NEWXL3DS) on startup it gives me a screen with "Exception Occured." error (black bakground white text). Anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IMG_0534.JPG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to inject Super Tennis (I tried both EU 1.0 and EU 1.1 version) but when I launch it on my 3ds (NEWXL3DS) on startup it gives me a screen with "Exception Occured." error (black bakground white text). Anyone have any clue what I am doing wrong?
You look like you have outdated custom firmware. Update or upgrade your setup with boot9strap v1.3, Luma3DS v9.1, and GodMode9 v1.7.1.

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for this amazing tool! Now I can play my favorite pokemon games again on a real console :D
Just a question: Is it possible to modify the button mapping (for GBA)? For exemple, it could be cool to use the X button for Start and Y for Select (Pokemon fans will understand me)

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
there is a translator patch in the package.
you can translate the program to your language.
im sure it would be easier to navigate then.

but there's an option to change the button layout when customizing the vc

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there is a translator patch in the package.
you can translate the program to your language.
im sure it would be easier to navigate then.

but there's an option to change the button layout when customizing the vc

I appreciate but I don't think it's a language problem :/ (and I didn't see a french patch)
The only thing I see when I'm converting a gba rom into a .cia is the button mapping to the left but it just shows me which gba function corresponds to the 3DS button. When I click on it I can't edit the buttons layout :(
I tried to edit the config file (for example: "default_buttons_layout_button_3ds_y=input_player1_select_ ") but it didn't work. Maybe I don't do things right?

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
I appreciate but I don't think it's a language problem :/ (and I didn't see a french patch)
The only thing I see when I'm converting a gba rom into a .cia is the button mapping to the left but it just shows me which gba function corresponds to the 3DS button. When I click on it I can't edit the buttons layout :(
I tried to edit the config file (for example: "default_buttons_layout_button_3ds_y=input_player1_select_ ") but it didn't work. Maybe I don't do things right?

switch to the mGBA forwarder instead of VC
im able to change the button layout

Last edited by LowEndC,

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Always better with a screenshot thanks :) But when I try to change the injection method, the only option available is VC injection. I guess I need to download the forwarder/bios (not sure about the appelation) and install it? Can I have a link? and how to install it?
But if I use mgba injection method, it's the same as using mgba emulator on my console right? It's just creating a forwarder like what was done on the Wii right? I already tested the mgba emulator but it don't work great on my old 3ds... So if I use injection method with mgba, the result will be the same I am right? :(
And I just saw this: (Unfortunately I can't post any link because I'm a newbie. Look at the first page of this thread, first comment) : AGB_FIRM doesn't support button remapping :( Could it be possible for a future release to change this? (I suppose it's not an easy task otherwise it would already be done)

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
compared to AGB_FIRM

meh. i overlooked that he had o3ds.

the only option available is VC injection. I guess I need to download the forwarder/bios (not sure about the appelation) and install it?)

and youre making a gba cia right?
thats odd. idk,
either re-download the program again from the first page or throw your computer at a wall really hard.

Last edited by LowEndC,

Cralex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Always better with a screenshot thanks :) But when I try to change the injection method, the only option available is VC injection. I guess I need to download the forwarder/bios (not sure about the appelation) and install it? Can I have a link? and how to install it?
But if I use mgba injection method, it's the same as using mgba emulator on my console right? It's just creating a forwarder like what was done on the Wii right? I already tested the mgba emulator but it don't work great on my old 3ds... So if I use injection method with mgba, the result will be the same I am right? :(
And I just saw this: (Unfortunately I can't post any link because I'm a newbie. Look at the first page of this thread, first comment) : AGB_FIRM doesn't support button remapping :( Could it be possible for a future release to change this? (I suppose it's not an easy task otherwise it would already be done)

Yeah, I think that’s just a limitation with AGB-FIRM. You get perfect compatibility, at the expense of flexibility. Nobody with the necessary skill seems willing to try hacking AGB-FIRM to mirror those buttons, so you might be out of luck. [emoji853]

Baromo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
meh. i overlooked that he had o3ds.

and youre making a gba cia right?
thats odd. idk,
either re-download the program again from the first page or throw your computer at a wall really hard.
Yeah vc injection method works perfectly fine. Poor computer :'(

Yeah, I think that’s just a limitation with AGB-FIRM. You get perfect compatibility, at the expense of flexibility. Nobody with the necessary skill seems willing to try hacking AGB-FIRM to mirror those buttons, so you might be out of luck. [emoji853]
Yeah it seems currently nobody want to hack it. Maybe it's just not worth it? Injection works really great so button mapping is just secondary. Besides button mapping, I have no clue which benefit could be gained from hacking AGB-FIRM (?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1