Disney finalizes their $71.3 billion acquisition of Fox

NrZFDBe.png

In December, there were talks of the Walt Disney Corporation looking into buying 21st Century Fox. It was later revealed that Disney offered up $52.4 billion for Fox's repertoire. Afterwards, Comcast tried to throw their hat into the ring by bidding $65 billion, but were outbid by Disney's second offer of $71.3 billion. It took seven months for things to level out and get through without issue, and as of now, Disney has announced that they have purchased 21st Century Fox. Both Fox's Rupert Murdoch and Disney's Robert Iger were positive about the buyout, stating that they're excited the future.

Fox itself will keep Fox News, Business, and Sports, alongside any of their local TV stations. It will take until the first half of 2019 for the deal to be completed, in terms of transactions and stocks. Disney now owns majority stock in Hulu, as well.

“We’re incredibly pleased that shareholders of both companies have granted approval for us to move forward, and are confident in our ability to create significant long-term value through this acquisition of Fox’s premier assets,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “We remain grateful to Rupert Murdoch and to the rest of the 21st Century Fox board for entrusting us with the future of these extraordinary businesses, and look forward to welcoming 21st Century Fox’s stellar talent to Disney and ultimately integrating our businesses to provide consumers around the world with more appealing content and entertainment options.”

:arrow: Source

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this will be... Interesting. I'm curious to see how long it takes for them to get whacked with an antitrust lawsuit, but otherwise I think they have a pretty interesting set of IPs to work with now

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So two fat and slow behemoths become a single immensely fat and slow entity. Because that usually works out well.

I wonder if Disney will tone down the "Fake News" on Fox bullshit or continue to rake in the profits from it.
the opening post said:
Fox itself will keep Fox News, Business, and Sports, alongside any of their local TV stations.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, everything is going to be underneath the same idealogical umbrella soon so that it will appear (in the entertainment world anyhow), that the whole world wants the same thing!

I just love propaganda and monopolies! Or shall I say, Corporate Communism.
Idk why youre bringing up communism, monopolies are literally peak capitalism as seen through history in the US before anti trust laws became a thing

Reactions: osaka35

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Cool, everything is going to be underneath the same idealogical umbrella soon so that it will appear (in the entertainment world anyhow), that the whole world wants the same thing!

Stick it out that little bit longer.
They will sooner or later boot their all best talent as they fail to live by the paradoxical, contradictory and nonsensical rules (or their success becomes a hindrance to their virtue, I mean they must have had a leg up to get there and thus basically killed a minority to do it).

At that point the exiles will realise they have the tools, time and talent to do good stuff and we can begin it all again or something, or maybe those that chose to ignore the game will be it instead.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

The Star Wars treatment, so fine. Maybe every movie now will have women with purple hair being condescending while acting superior and having the worst decision-making. Best lesson for Star Wars VIII: Obey your superiors blindly, shut up and take your orders, especially if they are women.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also if my older brother does a clean Windows install I will ask him to do that dual boot thing...