Disney finalizes their $71.3 billion acquisition of Fox

NrZFDBe.png

In December, there were talks of the Walt Disney Corporation looking into buying 21st Century Fox. It was later revealed that Disney offered up $52.4 billion for Fox's repertoire. Afterwards, Comcast tried to throw their hat into the ring by bidding $65 billion, but were outbid by Disney's second offer of $71.3 billion. It took seven months for things to level out and get through without issue, and as of now, Disney has announced that they have purchased 21st Century Fox. Both Fox's Rupert Murdoch and Disney's Robert Iger were positive about the buyout, stating that they're excited the future.

Fox itself will keep Fox News, Business, and Sports, alongside any of their local TV stations. It will take until the first half of 2019 for the deal to be completed, in terms of transactions and stocks. Disney now owns majority stock in Hulu, as well.

“We’re incredibly pleased that shareholders of both companies have granted approval for us to move forward, and are confident in our ability to create significant long-term value through this acquisition of Fox’s premier assets,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company. “We remain grateful to Rupert Murdoch and to the rest of the 21st Century Fox board for entrusting us with the future of these extraordinary businesses, and look forward to welcoming 21st Century Fox’s stellar talent to Disney and ultimately integrating our businesses to provide consumers around the world with more appealing content and entertainment options.”

:arrow: Source

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Star Wars treatment, so fine. Maybe every movie now will have women with purple hair being condescending while acting superior and having the worst decision-making. Best lesson for Star Wars VIII: Obey your superiors blindly, shut up and take your orders, especially if they are women.
Futurama says hi

dontay0100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dreams are slowly coming true... I asked for the Avengers as a child check ✔.. Now I'm ready for Avengers + Xmen Crossover

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are still fighting over Sky TV.

As for Fox News, might be easier for other companies to buy it since everything else is own by Disney now. This could be the beginning of the end of Fox as we know it.

Given their liberal bullshit agenda, probably. Duck Fisney.
There's no proof that politics are the reason it got canceled in the first place.

Idk why youre bringing up communism, monopolies are literally peak capitalism as seen through history in the US before anti trust laws became a thing
Because mislabeled communism is some people best argument or statement for everything they don't like.

i hope they dont mess with family guy and american dad
I doubt it.

Expect further delays to Kingdom Hearts 3 and the inclusion of The Simpsons and Family Guy worlds.
You mean X-men and Fantastic 4.

Reactions: Monado_III

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dreams are slowly coming true... I asked for the Avengers as a child check ✔.. Now I'm ready for Avengers + Xmen Crossover
I remember reading a lot of crossover comics as a kid (well, a few). Wolverine was a part of the avengers for a while, and I know spidey came and went, and I'm told loads of others came and went through the Avengers as well.

I wonder if they'll keep the term "inhumans" or if they'll start calling them "mutants". Personally, I'm thinking the next avengers film will introduce different realities merging, thus introducing the xmen into the marvel universe and maybe allowing new actors to take the place of established characters. This'd be the time to do it.

...I'm just trying to find the silver lining of this obviously huge monolith of an ever-increasing monopoly.

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: dontay0100

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just hope it means xmen really joins the MCU. other than that, I don't really care because Disney bought everything. :|

I wonder at some point they will buy square enix as well.

AT-LOWDeSu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this means that Disney is literally the only organization/company in the world with the power to save our country from it's current tyranny. I don't mean to argue politics, but i'd be extremely glad if they cleaned up fox. (I'm fine staying republican. But I want the regular, legitimate republicans- and not the intentionally contradictory semi-alt right republicans we have on fox right now.)

Edit: Apparently fox gets to keep fox news. Whelp. At least we can have X-men back in the Marvel Movies.

Last edited by AT-LOWDeSu,
Reactions: Don Jon

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they'll keep the term "inhumans" or if they'll start calling them "mutants". Personally, I'm thinking the next avengers film will introduce different realities merging, thus introducing the xmen into the marvel universe and maybe allowing new actors to take the place of established characters. This'd be the time to do it.

...I'm just trying to find the silver lining of this obviously huge monolith of an ever-increasing monopoly.
Inhumans and Mutants are separate things to begin with, so I doubt they will change that. So, they will probably use both, but Mutants will be used more. I doubt they will use any form of different realities to bring X-men in. Probably be like Spider-man. Introduce a few X-men in other movies and then do a movie with them.

I wonder at some point they will buy square enix as well.
That's a scary thought.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't know how I feel, on oe hand, Disney can add Xmen and F4 into the MCU, but on the other hand, this gives them way to much say in the industry IMO. Like the Guardians of the Galaxy director who got fired over some tweets he made before even working on the first film (albeit some pretty pedo ones that were apparently "jokes"). But now he has even less places to go and Disney seems to be one of the few companies left that can still afford to make big-budget films still without being completely screwed if one or two under perform.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inhumans and Mutants are separate things to begin with, so I doubt they will change that. So, they will probably use both, but Mutants will be used more. I doubt they will use any form of different realities to bring X-men in. Probably be like Spider-man. Introduce a few X-men in other movies and then do a movie with them.

That's a scary thought.
Truth. I think I'm just a bit sad magneto's kids are now inhumans rather than...magneto's kids. I quite liked that dynamic. oh, and half of them are dead X'D

Oh, like a "we're just now discovering these folks exist!"? I suppose that might give a shot-in-the-arm to Agents of Shield. I wonder how they'll handle actors coming and going, if not using multiple universes. That character dying and someone else coming along to "pick up the mantle" approach maybe?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are still fighting over Sky TV.

As for Fox News, might be easier for other companies to buy it since everything else is own by Disney now. This could be the beginning of the end of Fox as we know it.

There's no proof that politics are the reason it got canceled in the first place.

Because mislabeled communism is some people best argument or statement for everything they don't like.

I doubt it.

You mean X-men and Fantastic 4.

No, it got cancelled because the show had religious undertones, and Disney would no doubt cancel the show again because of that. Besides that, Disney's gonna eff up a bunch of other things, they're too powerful.

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, it got cancelled because the show had religious undertones, and Disney would no doubt cancel the show again because of that. Besides that, Disney's gonna eff up a bunch of other things, they're too powerful.
No it got cancelled because 21st Centery Fox owned it and not ABC/Disney. Same thing has caused better shows to be cancelled.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it got cancelled because 21st Centery Fox owned it and not ABC/Disney. Same thing has caused better shows to be cancelled.

Either way, it was a big corporation being a dick and not allowing different beliefs, opinions, etc to be a part of the show. Just like Fox cancelling Arrested Development and Netflix taking it over, for some BS reason I'm sure.

"But muh feelings"

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truth. I think I'm just a bit sad magneto's kids are now inhumans rather than...magneto's kids. I quite liked that dynamic. oh, and half of them are dead X'D

Oh, like a "we're just now discovering these folks exist!"? I suppose that might give a shot-in-the-arm to Agents of Shield. I wonder how they'll handle actors coming and going, if not using multiple universes. That character dying and someone else coming along to "pick up the mantle" approach maybe?
They will probably make them mutants again for the comics. As for the MCU, they haven't confirmed which one they are either way. Probably mutants.

I doubt they are using any existing characters/actors or storylines, if that's what you mean. Except maybe Deadpool. This will be a whole new X-men.

Blasingame

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disney wants X-Men and Deadpool so their marvel universe will finally be complete.

Wait.... They'll be getting The Simpsons and Family guy as well....!!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Seems like Disney are set on buying up every movie production company. What's next, they'll buy Universal Studios too? That could have some interesting implications for the Universal Studios theme parks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind