Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, Skylanders Base Emulator - Project D.I.R.E.

Project D.I.R.E.
(UPDATE 29 NOVEMBER 2023)

We have been made aware that certain individuals are attempting to sell the community edition of this project on ETSY, a project that is explicitly offered for free. This action not only undermines the spirit of our community project but is also a move that capitalizes on the work of others in a very negative way. Furthermore, these sales include unauthorized distribution of bin files related to Lego, Skylanders, and Disney Infinity, which is a clear infringement of intellectual property rights. We strongly urge the community to maintain the integrity of the project by helping us address and curtail these unauthorized sales. It is essential to remind everyone that our project was created for free distribution, and it should remain that way. Your support in this matter is invaluable.

Special Thanks to the following individuals for their dedication and hard work. Without them this project would not be possible.

znxDomain -> firmware unlocker, tester, researcher
Lucky.peic -> firmware gui editor, tester, prototype, initial writeups, researcher
B47M4N -> firmware gui editor, tester, pcb and case creator, researcher, user guide writer
Bowman -> alt firmware, prototype tester
Mystic -> supplied test files, tester

Project D.I.R.E. (Disney Infinity Reverse Engineered) is a portal emulator for Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, and Skylanders. This replaces the original portal in place of a custom created one to inject your own character dumps without the need for the original characters, vehicles, or playsets.

This emulator originally started several years ago after a talented coder named obiima did not release his project to the public. Obiima created and demoed a console portal emulator for 3 games: Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, and Skylanders. Obiima never released his project into the wild and the project he did release privately was closed firmware meaning locked to the stm32 Bluepill. This project picks up where he left off.

The Firmware allows this device to select between games by holding one of the buttons during boot. Specific Button usage can be found in the User Guide. You have the option of using limited onboard memory or by using an SD card you can increase the character count in your base emulator. By adding your own character files known as bin files, you can inject them into the game without having to keep your original characters.

This emulator currently works on the Wii, Wii U, PS3, and PS4.
We CAN NOT confirm if this works on the PS5 or Nintendo Switch as we do not own those consoles with these games to test with.

We have been told Skylanders plays on the Nintendo Switch but does NOT use the Portal of Power.
We have also seen footage of Disney Infinity being played on a PS5 with a PS4 base.

XBOX 360 and XBOX One are Not Yet included in this release. There is a security chip required from an Activision portal to make this work and we have not yet discovered a simple method to allow these games to work on these specific consoles.

upload_2021-8-26_20-29-42.png

upload_2021-8-27_6-51-30.png

upload_2021-8-27_6-51-46.png

Some of the files are too large to fit in this forum post and have been attached via mediafire.
All files can be found here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9u87thpc42j9a/Release+Package

Attachments

• D.I.R.E Template A06.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 339
  • D.I.R.E._3D_Case_Files_8-25-21_multiple_sizes_of_Button_Caps.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 290
  • D.I.R.E._PCB_2021-03-12.zip
    63.9 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by Kfkboys,

JellyTime09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered my pcb and parts for this a day or two ago, we'll see how my build goes. I may replace it when the kaos emulator guy releases his new PTPE thing but until then this is still cool asl. will update this thread with pictures once I've assembled the board and gotten it working :)

Attachments

• 1684980924499.png
    1684980924499.png
    157 KB · Views: 73
  • 1684981017171.png
    1684981017171.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: White_Raven_X

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered my pcb and parts for this a day or two ago, we'll see how my build goes. I may replace it when the kaos emulator guy releases his new PTPE thing but until then this is still cool asl. will update this thread with pictures once I've assembled the board and gotten it working :)

Any luck?

JellyTime09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any luck?
I was going to take a cool video of it working on my jailbroken ps4 (it did for a bit) but the screen has decided to break and display just white so I think I'll have to replace something or just check all the solder joints. I played a decent chunk of my favorite skylander games and had no issues before that really. All I have of it working is a picture of it turning on I believe lol. really cool project though I don't believe my recent shortcoming is related at all to the project itself so overall cool thing :P

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpg
    IMG_1332.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You might be able to build one on test board if you get Bluepill with headers presoldered, but in practice, soldering is needed. This is pretty entry level soldering project though - great for training IMO.
This was my first 'real' soldering project ever and the through-hole soldering is not very difficult.
Practice on an old board like desoldering some stuff and soldering them back on again...just to get the hang of the iron.

I used solder with lead... has a lower melting point (easier) and you do not need stuff like messy flux.
(solder with lead is not more or less dangerous then lead-free as long as you do not eat it B-)
https://blog.sra-solder.com/knowledge-base/lead-solder-safety )

Have fun in learning something new

Nicaelgamex

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i can use my computer to replace the maquiniha i do not want to spend my money
Post automatically merged:

Eu posso usar o meu computador para substituir o maquiniha eu não quero gastar o meu dinheiro

JellyTime09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can use my computer to replace the maquiniha i do not want to spend my money
Post automatically merged:

Eu posso usar o meu computador para substituir o maquiniha eu não quero gastar o meu dinheiro
no DIRE has no option for software or emulation, there exists only one toypad project that does that and it only exists for lego dimensions, skylanders and disney infinity still need you to solder or buy someone else's sorry :(

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remembering that Disney Infinity was on the VIta then realizing its a bad port...someone tell me Disney Infinity sucks so I can get over it.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Remembering that Disney Infinity was on the VIta then realizing its a bad port...someone tell me Disney Infinity sucks so I can get over it.
Disney Infinity sucks, if you want silly crossover disney fun on a console, get Disney Universe. I played it a bunch when I was younger, hella fun + no need for some toypad.

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nah if you have a creative brain for stuff like LBP, MODNATION, DREAMS, PROJECT SPARK, SNAPMAP.

Then the level editor is amazing.

Games themselves are simple fun, better for mindless co-op while chatting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol