OP
Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello friends,

I just registered here, but this forum has helped me out many times in the past.

At the moment I am working on my friend's Wii. I successfully downgraded it from 3.4e to 3.2e. Patched it with Starfall to make region-free. HBC works fine, as does the backup launcher. WADs install fine too, but I have some trouble running them.

- N64 wads have a terribly distorted sound
- Other VC-games wont start. I can get to the splash screen and start them, but from there I get a black screen (no errors) and the Wii freezes - needing a hard reset to get back.

Wiiware runs fine.

Anybody any clues as to what to do next?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ferdi-t said:
At the moment I am working on my friend's Wii. I successfully downgraded it from 3.4e to 3.2e. Patched it with Starfall to make region-free. HBC works fine, as does the backup launcher. WADs install fine too, but I have some trouble running them.
First, 3.2 and starfall are *LONG* outdated. They've been obsolete for a year now. Also, be glad it didn't brick. Downgrading a new console typically causes it to brick.

Follow this: http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-2-below That will bring the system up to date.

As for your VC issues, those may be due to missing/outdated IOSes (that black screen is a classic symptom of a missing IOS). That guide above will fix it (assuming the IOSes were the problem).

ferdi-t

OP
Trophies
Website
ferdi-t.hyves.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you for your reply. I followed the proposed guide to the letter. I'm on 4.2e right now, but the problem is still the same: distorted sound on N64-games and freezes on other games. Wiiware still works fine.

Any clues as to what do next?

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Distorted sound seems like the Legend of Zelda collectors edition all over again, sometimes a little bad sound on Ocarina of Time, and sometimes crashes on Majora's Mask - which have been a reason to make a N64 emu for the GC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Pepsi owns Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut, so that made since Pizza hut pizza was sold in Taco bells.