Hacking DIY amiibo cards

GibAmiibo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey friends, I'm having some issues understanding how this would work with Tagmo, maybe someone can help me?
So I have installed the app, if I understand it correctly, I now need to get 2 things done, right?
1. Get an "amiibo_keys.bin" from the PasteBin that was mentioned in previous responses
2. Get the amiibo keys/dumps for the amiibo I want to clone

I have never worked with bin files, so excuse the dumb question - but when I export the amiibo_keys through hexed.it, it is only saved as a "file" - is simply renaming it with the .bin extension sufficient to make it into a proper bin file?

Secondly, where on my phone do I need to put these files so the app can read them?

Grateful for any help, thanks in advance :)

Dreden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm a bit late in the game of spoofing Amiibos, and I've bought quite cheap an ACR122U USB NFC card reader/writer. Also got a pack of NTAG215, put my hands everything needed so far... Seemed like I've had everything rolling, til I found out there were NO software to write from my PC using this reader/writer, whatsoever! Am I wrong? Is there any piece of software that would work like TAGMO but ON PC (windows 10) or N2EliteManager (but with another USB device than an N2) or Amiibomb but... with something else than an Arduino? Seems like I'm stuck here... Thanks for your replies

Reactions: k7ra

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi, I'm a bit late in the game of spoofing Amiibos, and I've bought quite cheap an ACR122U USB NFC card reader/writer. Also got a pack of NTAG215, put my hands everything needed so far... Seemed like I've had everything rolling, til I found out there were NO software to write from my PC using this reader/writer, whatsoever! Am I wrong? Is there any piece of software that would work like TAGMO but ON PC (windows 10) or N2EliteManager (but with another USB device than an N2) or Amiibomb but... with something else than an Arduino? Seems like I'm stuck here... Thanks for your replies
there are apps for android (tagmo iirc) and apparently now iPhone too with an app called placiibo (I haven't been following this stuff so I haven't really seen the iPhone stuff being released) but i'm sure that should cover most people without having to buy additional hardware.

if you were looking to use them on the switch rather than 3ds/wiiu you can also use the app JoyCon Droid for android that has a built in feature to emulate amiibos directly from the phone without needing to write tags

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Ninty can still make money filing false DMCAs.