GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Version 0.2.0

Changelog:
  • The Amiibo browser has been updated to visually blend in with the plugin configuration menu.
  • The Amiibo browser now supports browsing subfolders.
    Folders in the re_nfpii folder starting with a Title ID (without the -) will be automatically opened for that game (for example a folder named 0005000010144F00 - Smash Bros would automatically open for Smash Bros USA).
  • A log viewer has been added to the configuration menu to show error messages.
  • The maximum "remove after" time has been increased to 10 seconds for games like Mario Party 10.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it and it works great. The integration of the white color menu makes it feel more natural than more code like before. The only thing I would ask for is an option to take the Amiibo off? Like in the Settings or (at the top of?) the Select Amiibo menu? Either way, thank you so much dude.

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried it and it works great. The integration of the white color menu makes it feel more natural than more code like before. The only thing I would ask for is an option to take the Amiibo off? Like in the Settings or (at the top of?) the Select Amiibo menu? Either way, thank you so much dude.
What do you mean by "take the Amiibo off" exactly? Disabling emulation acts like removing the amiibo from the reader.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "take the Amiibo off" exactly? Disabling emulation acts like removing the amiibo from the reader.
Oh I see now. Yeah that should work then. I also forgot to mention that my settings are set to not remove it after a set timer. Great man. The best mods I have on any of my consoles are on my Wii U. Thanks to you all!

Reactions: GaryOderNichts

Mr_Hif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone else having issues since updating to the latest aroma?
Everything was working fine but now after selecting an amiibo, setting the timer to 0.5 and enabling emulation, nothing happens.
Emulation enabled stays on and no errors are present.
Don’t know if it’s related to the latest aroma or just a coincidence?

Update. Seems to be working fine now

Last edited by Mr_Hif,

Lynx64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else having issues since updating to the latest aroma?
Everything was working fine but now after selecting an amiibo, setting the timer to 0.5 and enabling emulation, nothing happens.
Emulation enabled stays on and no errors are present.
Don’t know if it’s related to the latest aroma or just a coincidence?
Everything's fine for me.

MPS64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Gary! Will you eventually make it so that you can use both official figures and saved ones on the sd card? When I tried to disable nfpii by removing the files, the wii u stopped reading the cfw altogether.

Last edited by MPS64,

FoxStorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, skylanders are not amiibos.
DK and Bowser are Skylanders and amiibos (Same NFC technology) Skylanders should be added as a separate version that emulated the portal of power with Skylanders on including traps,trophies (superchargers), world unlocks and pets (That one dragonfly) support. Shouldn't be too hard to create from the source code of re_nfpii

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DK and Bowser are Skylanders and amiibos (Same NFC technology) Skylanders should be added as a separate version that emulated the portal of power with Skylanders on including traps,trophies (superchargers), world unlocks and pets (That one dragonfly) support.
This is not true, Skylanders and amiibo are not using the same technology.
The Hammer Slam Bowser and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong figures work by having two separate modes, which you can switch by twisting the base of the figure.
Skylanders are ISO/IEC 14443 while amiibo are NFC Forum Type 2 Tags (which are loosely based on ISO/IEC 14443, but not compatible at all).
Shouldn't be too hard to create from the source code of re_nfpii
re_nfpii emulates an amiibo specific API (nn_nfp), there's no way this can work with Skylanders.

Reactions: Blythe93

FoxStorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is not true, Skylanders and amiibo are not using the same technology.
The Hammer Slam Bowser and Turbo Charge Donkey Kong figures work by having two separate modes, which you can switch by twisting the base of the figure.
Skylanders are ISO/IEC 14443 while amiibo are NFC Forum Type 2 Tags (which are loosely based on ISO/IEC 14443, but not compatible at all).

re_nfpii emulates an amiibo specific API (nn_nfp), there's no way this can work with Skylanders.
Ok, would you need to completely change the code for Skylanders?

concept8192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would need to be an entirely different plugin which emulates the Skylanders portal connected via USB.
I do hope someday someone could make something like that. If I recall correctly, CEMU has a way of using Skylander figure dumps to make the games think one is connected, and obviously it would take a ton of effort to create something similar as an Aroma plugin, but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?