ΔLaunch early build officially released

@Reisyukaku's ΔLaunch has officially released a ΔLaunch early build together with ReiNX 2.3!

We've already covered this project in its first development stages in a previous news post, however, if you need a quick refresher, ΔLaunch is Home Menu replacement for the Nintendo Switch. It replaces the qlaunch process of the Switch's OS, which handles the Home Menu as well as a few applets, such as the news and system settings. Most of its appearance can be customized by editing an INI file on the SD card: not only this will allow for easily installable and distributable themes without relying on custom formats, but you can also edit the various elements' position and layout effortlessly! Several background layers are supported and, for those who want a fresh new look for their system, a PS4-style aesthetic is also available. Last, but not least, you won't have to worry about removing and reinstalling the themes after a system update, as ΔLaunch effective overrides the firmware's system menu! However, some of the previously announced features are missing or in a non-working state in this early build, such as folder support and the web browser icon.

As previously mentioned, ΔLaunch is available as an optional sysmodule with the latest version of ReiNX (2.3). The project is still very much a work in progress, so there could be unexpected bugs and issues. If you want to try it, a link to its GitHub's release page can be found in the sources below. Keep in mind there may be untrustworthy builds floating around the internet due to an unauthorized source leak that happened earlier today, so users are advised to only download officially released builds from its repo.

- This news thread is about the homebrew's official release. Please avoid discussing its source leak or the events leading up to it in the comments below. -

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Official thread

Attachments

• delta_square.png
    delta_square.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited by RattletraPM,

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want people to bug you for builds link them to that

They all asked me for builds working on Atmosphere, that wouldn't do. While i think people can just do any modifications to source, and compile it themselves, they shouldnt expect support, and as such i'm not giving them anything, as i think it wouldnt be right.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see I wasnt aware of the repo source. However they should've just reported it as a PR would not "hide" the infringing code, and is unlikely to be merged.
The leak is 100% legal to distribute and link. No infringement whatsoever. The repository was under the GPLv3, which means it's legal to share it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
From Discord:

Help will not be given for the leaked code. Only the build linked in the 2.3 release of reinx will be supported

View attachment 168943
Of course. That is not mutually exclusive. I'm not expecting Rei to support unofficial builds of his stuff, that would be unreasonable.

I'm more noting that there isn't anything infringing going on, no matter how anyone is trying to spin it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
It should not be detrimental in any way, since the headers stated it was to be GPLv3. If anything it could speed up future contributions, and expand compatibility to all available CFWs
This sort of behavior hurts the scene in general. There where several people that just stopped working on 3DS/Wii U stuff because of people breaking into their stuff/leaking unfinished projects.

That is what I meant by this.

Reactions: Neo127

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sort of behavior hurts the scene in general. There where several people that just stopped working on 3DS/Wii U stuff because of people breaking into their stuff/leaking unfinished projects.

Well you saw that they released a binary and did the thread on temp, so no worries.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I can confirm this, Rei was not happy when he found out

Well you saw that they released a binary and did the thread on temp, so no worries.

This has a public release binary in extreme early alpha now because of it.

If I launch album with it, it crashes. None of us tech support in his server were warned. Now we have to troubleshoot the official release as much as possible

Reactions: gudenau

Django68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm this, Rei was not happy when he found out

This has a public release binary in extreme early alpha now because of it.

If I launch album with it, it crashes. None of us tech support in his server were warned. Now we have to troubleshoot the official release as much as possible

I don't see a problem with it being an alpha myself, but i understand you'd get more traffic from people not considering the status of the release. I see it as a win-win, if the dev can continue in public, and people still get releases on their patreons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi