Homebrew DLC question

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use Utik or USBhelper and I understand I install the game first, and then followed by the update file.

But what is this DLC for exactly?

Is it needed for anything in particular?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use Utik or USBhelper and I understand I install the game first, and then followed by the update file.

But what is this DLC for exactly?

Is it needed for anything in particular?
DLC adds extra content to games. What you get depends on the actual game. It could be more levels or new weapons or new characters ect ect.

Reactions: jaisunny

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DLC adds extra content to games. What you get depends on the actual game. It could be more levels or new weapons or new characters ect ect.

Cheers, is it a case of installing it once just like the game itself and the update file?

One other issue I have (hope you can help) is installing POKKEN update v64. I get MCP_INSTALLGETINFO error constantly. I have renamed the title to remove the dash above the E..etc. Downloaded from UTIK and USBHELPER various times with no luck, constant error on this update file. The game installed OK. Any tips?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep you install the dlc once and that's it good to go. Just make sure the game and update and dlc are all in the same location either all on nand or all on USB storage.

As for the update problem just start pokkén then it will ask you to update select the update and the wiiu will do all the work. There is zero risk of a ban doing it through the actual game.

Reactions: jaisunny

jaisunny

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep you install the dlc once and that's it good to go. Just make sure the game and update and dlc are all in the same location either all on nand or all on USB storage.

As for the update problem just start pokkén then it will ask you to update select the update and the wiiu will do all the work. There is zero risk of a ban doing it through the actual game.

Ah right, nice one, makes life easier then.
I did get POKKEN installed in the end.

One last issue im having is, mario tennis started to update and i turned the console off quickly thinking it was going to damage the game (before you told me you can update it via official method) and now the game doesn't work properly. If I go to the USB storage device I also cannot delete it, it says something about not allowed to delete a game that is currently being downloaded/updated.

I guess i've screwed that up. Unless I install the game to the internal storage? would that work do you think? Then is it possible to delete the shortcut off the wii u menu?

Sorry..that really is the last niggle i had!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Jayro, No, works fine.