Do I need to update my Wiiu from 5.5.3 in order to hack it?

justinplays22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Years ago I put a ftpiiu block on the nintendo store to prevent updates to the console. I have never installed an update but I was wondering if it would be a good idea to undo the FTPiiU block and update the console before the eShop is shut down in the coming week. Do I need to install the update in order to hack the console? Would I need to undo the FTPiIU block? It has been years since I went through the process so I'm a little hazy on how to proceed so if I don't have to do it, I will hold off until I have more free time.
Thanks!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nah, there's definitely an exploit for 5.5.3 and, unsurprisingly, you don't gain anything notable in the following versions :)

justinplays22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I last updated the wiiu in 2018, so I've been worrying and thinking I need to update it in order to hack it, I will rest then and figure this out later!

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
before the eShop is shut down in the coming week.
You're a year too late: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57847/~/wii-u-&-nintendo-3ds-eshop-discontinuation-q&a
  • As of May 23, 2022, it is no longer possible to use a credit card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of August 29, 2022, it is no longer possible to use a Nintendo eShop Card to add funds to an account in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of April 3, 2023, it is no longer possible to redeem download codes in Nintendo eShop on Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
  • As of March 11, 2024, it is no longer possible to combine the Nintendo eShop fund balance between a Nintendo Network IDA Nintendo Network ID (NNID) is an account that is used on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. For Wii U, a NNID is required in order to use any of the Wii U online features. For Nintendo 3DS, a NNID was previously needed to download some content in the Nintendo eShop—it is not required to use any of other online features for Nintendo 3DS. Each NNID can be linked to one Nintendo 3DS family system and one Wii U. and a Nintendo AccountA Nintendo Account is an account that is required for using certain services from Nintendo, such as Nintendo Switch online services (including access to the Nintendo Switch eShop), off-device software purchases, and the My Nintendo loyalty program. Nintendo Accounts can also be used with smart device applications (like Super Mario Run)..
Still the servers are online and they most likely will stay online for years to come, so don't worry.

Would I need to undo the FTPiIU block
What is an FTPiiU block? Deleted update folder? If so yes: You have to undo that or how to you want to update while updates are blocked? ;)

It's really simple:
- undo whatever you did to block updates
- update
- block updates again

//EDIT: Or even better, to update FW and CFW:
- undo update block
- remove whatever CFW you have now
- update
- install Aroma
- use UFDiine to block updates

Reactions: Blythe93

justinplays22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
j
You're a year too late:

Still the servers are online and they most likely will stay online for years to come, so don't worry.

What is an FTPiiU block? Deleted update folder? If so yes: You have to undo that or how to you want to update while updates are blocked? ;)

It's really simple:
- undo whatever you did to block updates
- update
- block updates again

//EDIT: Or even better, to update FW and CFW:
- undo update block
- remove whatever CFW you have now
- update
- install Aroma
- use UFDiine to block updates

Yes, I think I deleted the update folder. However, that is the thing, its been 6 years and honestly I can't remember the exact thing I did so that's why I was hoping to wait on this until I could look through my wiiu and try to figure out what exactly I did. My biggest worry was that the eshop would close and I couldn't update the console to the latest update and lose access to the browser or having the browser exploit not work, however, I am not exactly sure how long the servers would be up, for some reason I thought I read that they would close on March 24, but I can't seem to find that information anymore, so I think I must have confused it with the news from last year, thank you for letting me know I am a year late!

I do not think I have a CFW installed or any hack besides the Wii part of the WiiU being hacked from years ago.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
j

Yes, I think I deleted the update folder. However, that is the thing, its been 6 years and honestly I can't remember the exact thing I did so that's why I was hoping to wait on this until I could look through my wiiu and try to figure out what exactly I did. My biggest worry was that the eshop would close and I couldn't update the console to the latest update and lose access to the browser or having the browser exploit not work, however, I am not exactly sure how long the servers would be up, for some reason I thought I read that they would close on March 24, but I can't seem to find that information anymore, so I think I must have confused it with the news from last year, thank you for letting me know I am a year late!

I do not think I have a CFW installed or any hack besides the Wii part of the WiiU being hacked from years ago.
You'll still be able to update, even the Wii can still be updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids