Hacking Do not buy digitally from Eshop on 4.X

tooknie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried by buying a £2.00 game, this was the result. Lucky I did as I only tested because I was going to buy Kirby but didn't want to waste £50 if it didn't work.

Lol, I did this, but made the mistake of buying Kirby. Now have a choice of hold out on downloading my £50 purchase in the hope that CFW with spoofing is not too far away... or bite the bullet and upgrade to 5.0...

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for testing this out. I was thinking of getting some eshop cards and trying to get another game or two, but thats out now.

I'll make due with what I have then.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol, I did this, but made the mistake of buying Kirby. Now have a choice of hold out on downloading my £50 purchase in the hope that CFW with spoofing is not too far away... or bite the bullet and upgrade to 5.0...
You know, I don't believe you are under any obligation to update and the fact you have bought software that won't run on 4.1 when it's not stated on the sales page may very well legally entitle you to a refund..

Thanks for testing this out. I was thinking of getting some eshop cards and trying to get another game or two, but thats out now.

I'll make due with what I have then.

I'd like to pretend I was being completely selfless and taking one for the team, truth is I just didn't want to get burned on Kirby lol.

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Maybe time to get a 2 switch? One for hacks one for playing

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did a maintenance last night, which was likely the cutoff point.

Really weird that they let you purchase software that they won't let you download, though. I expect there isn't any recourse, given that you are free to update.

Adrian137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi guys,

Has it been patched / updated by nintendo?

I just got my nintendo switch at 4.1.0. Will i be able to access e-shop and download free demo games? If not, I will continue to stay offline until CFW is out.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Has it been patched / updated by nintendo?

I just got my nintendo switch at 4.1.0. Will i be able to access e-shop and download free demo games? If not, I will continue to stay offline until CFW is out.
You can access the e-shop but you can no longer download anything on 4.1, you can even buy stuff but not download it without updating.

I would imagine e-shop will be blocked completely by next week tbh.

Reactions: Adrian137

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. I havent booted my switch up since 5.0 was announced. It's dead and has no power. It's on 4.1.0 What do you recommend I Do?

1. Shut down Wi-Fi?
2. It has DNS blocking enabled. Am I okay?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow. I havent booted my switch up since 5.0 was announced. It's dead and has no power. It's on 4.1.0 What do you recommend I Do?

1. Shut down Wi-Fi?
Yeah you're fine to boot up, even without DNS you could cancel the update, setup a DNS and then power off, back on holding both volume buttons and then power off again from maintenance mode and update will be gone.

Worry not ;)

Reactions: Kafluke

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

1. Shut down Wi-Fi?
Shut down router, then turn on the Switch and delete the connection. :P (Probably overkill tho.)

Reactions: Kafluke

Adrian137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can access the e-shop but you can no longer download anything on 4.1, you can even buy stuff but not download it without updating.

I would imagine e-shop will be blocked completely by next week tbh.

Thanks for the update. Will not go to e-shop then. It seems i was too late to download any demo games.

D

Deleted-355425

1. Shut down Wi-Fi?

Start by charging that battery man lol.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the warning. Seems I have luck. My download of Yooka Laylee seems to be started bevore the restrictions are activarted and has finished a few secound bevore writing this. Now my download of Riptide GP has started. Hope it will finishing.

Perhaps only complete new downloads will be blocked if the firmnware is under 5.0.0?

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
downloaded "human fall flat" on the day that 5.0 got release to public.

either your game is new release that require 5.0 or they found out the "loophole" and block it.

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it's extremly outrageous, that you can buy something, but not downloading / using it, if you dont want to update your system. And Because you dont have a refund policy Nintendo keep the money.

That's one of the reason why I think Nintendo is an arroganter company.

Reactions: Sonansune

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I guess I'm lucky I preloaded Kirby before we knew of the update then. When it came out, I grabbed the patch, then disconnected from the net. Oddly enough, the game came with a copy of the 5.0.0 update, but it gives me the choice to install it, so I've been ignoring it. Also, when checking my system version, it doesn't show the text that normally blocks you from seeing your version, and that's [Kirby Star Allies] the only game that the update pop up appears on.

I'd try deleting the update via recovery mode, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to work since the update isn't being stored in the usual location...

Last edited by Garblant,

Sonansune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh, I guess I'm lucky I preloaded Kirby before we knew of the update then. When it came out, I grabbed the patch, then disconnected from the net. Oddly enough, the game came with a copy of the 5.0.0 update, but it gives me the choice to install it, so I've been ignoring it. Also, when checking my system version, it doesn't show the text that normally blocks you from seeing your version, and that's the only game that the update pop up appears on.

I'd try deleting the update via recovery mode, but I'm pretty sure that's not going to work since the update isn't being stored in the usual location...
it's the same as 3ds game cartridge update. it came with the game image.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

physical copy kirby doesn't need 5.0 to run, digital should be the same.

Reactions: Garblant

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
downloaded "human fall flat" on the day that 5.0 got release to public.

either your game is new release that require 5.0 or they found out the "loophole" and block it.
No.

It's been blocked since.

Go try to download something, anything from the eshop. You won't be able to, not even something you had previously purchased.

You can no longer download software on 4.1.0. period. Anybody who is saying I bought this or I downloaded this after 5.0.0 dropped was fortunate.

Hell I bought Azure Stryker after 5.0.0 fine and downloaded but no longer.

DO NOT buy anything from eshop on 4.1.0. You will regret it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so