Do you believe in climate change/global warming?

Do you think Trump pulling out of the Paris climate change deal was a bad thing?

• Total voters

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A solid majority of people in the poll believe the US should stay in the Paris agreement, but many of those people also didn't vote for the candidate who would have done that.
As probably one of the people in the discrepancy you are referring to, I will say at least for me I didnt vote for clinton because that sends the message that I excuse her actions during the primary. Instead I voted for a candidate with even better views on climate change, and if others didnt thats their fault as far as Im concerned.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The thing that bothers me more is that people believe Trump pulled out because he doesn't care about the impact it may or may not have. He even stated himself that he wants to renegotiate the terms to better benefit us as a country.

thats such a thinly veiled attempt at trying to address peoples concerns, it's stupefying that you actually believe he means it (like literally every other attempt at damage control).

the paris accord was not a deal with terms anyone was bound to by more than word, moral and dedication to future generations (thats why one of the two countries that didn't sign it, didn't sign it).
it was basically a gentlemens agreement that idiot could have ignored without pulling out of it for idiot reasons.

the thing is, you can't reasonably slow down climate change without it affecting the industries that pollute the planet the most.
he wants no kind of regulation that might just so much as inconvenience any of those industries.
so any 'renegotiation' would come down to 'we're not doing anything different'

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

B-but it was her turn! The most qualified candidate with a 98% chance of winning according to Huffington Post!
the thing about pools is, they happen to reach people who never make it to the voting booth.
and they sadly can't account for non-scandals being brought up a few days before the election day. and they cant account for idiots being like 'what do i care about all the bs trump said and did that would have disqualified literally any other candidate in the last 50 years, trump will make a great president'

about 25% of eligible voters voted for trump. just short of half the eligible voters actually went and cast their vote.
in a world where every voter was forced to vote (or even just in a world where americans voted on a sunday), there wouldn't have been either, a president trump or a president bush jr.
and there's a reason that specifically the republican party is pushing for all kinds of laws that make voting more of a hassle (basically, they want all those regulations and rules and overhead they so hate in stuff like business and the market when it comes to elections, because thats basically the only way they can reasonably stay in power)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with all this talk about weather?
Sorry, but I don't like to concern myself with the Devil's magic and neither should you.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, if you look at it from an cold, logical, unbiased viewpoint, does it really matter if our species comes to an end sooner rather than later?
well then, go ahead and shoot your parents/siblings/children dead because by that logic, nothing matters and humans should have come to an end pretty much a second after they first appeared on the scene because if nothing that happens tomorrow matters, then nothing that happened today matters and neither mattered anything that happened yesterday or any day before that

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As probably one of the people in the discrepancy you are referring to, I will say at least for me I didnt vote for clinton because that sends the message that I excuse her actions during the primary. Instead I voted for a candidate with even better views on climate change, and if others didnt thats their fault as far as Im concerned.
so now your vote sent the message that you wanted trump as president.
you voted trump. you knew a vote for whomever but clinton was a vote for trump and thats all there is to it.
this isn't the early 1900's anymore, where people could reasonably vote for whomever because the outcome was half of a mystery until the votes were being counted.

you have more information than that, you know which votes counted and you opted to voted in a way to make the least desirable option possible the most likely option to occur.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so now your vote sent the message that you wanted trump as president.
you voted trump. you knew a vote for whomever but clinton was a vote for trump and thats all there is to it.
this isn't the early 1900's anymore, where people could reasonably vote for whomever because the outcome was half of a mystery until the votes were being counted.

you have more information than that, you know which votes counted and you opted to voted in a way to make the least desirable option possible the most likely option to occur.
No, I didnt. Voting for Trump is the ONE AND ONLY thing that sends I message I want Trump. Voting for someone that is neither of them sends the message that I refuse to support either of them, and unless Im given a 1st party candidate better than what I was given I wont vote first party. Dont deal with shit bag politicians who will cheat their ass off to run the country. Trump is far less desirable, I agree but im not going to say I want Hillary, which is literally what voting for her does, when I can vote for someone I ACTUALLY WANT. Its a matter of principle and sending a message to the dem party "next time, send someone better because I have proven I WILL refuse to support anyone if its someone like Hillary" where as voting for her says you will give in and support a scumbag like her if the opposition is even worse, and the dem party establishment can and will take advantage of complacency like that.

Last edited by bi388,
Reactions: Jax_Ripper

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a Democrat and I didn't vote 'cause I wasn't going to vote for Hillary and I didn't like trump.
Still don't .

Jax

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another fact is that CO2 is essential for life and leads to global greening. But the overall mechanisms are extremely complex and we do not nearly understand it because there are so many, partly unknown variables involved.
The globe can only "green" if we stop cutting down the rainforests, dumping shit in the ocean that prevents algae growth, and flattening land for urban development

What's with all this talk about weather?
Sorry, but I don't like to concern myself with the Devil's magic and neither should you.
Wut

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The globe can only "green" if we stop cutting down the rainforests, dumping shit in the ocean that prevents algae growth, and flattening land for urban development

According to satellite images, we right now have more green plants on earth than ever before, caused by CO2. This was a surprise for many scientist and is called global greening. But it still gets warmer and according to geology, the ice of the poles will melt completely in any warm age. And we are in a warm age right now. Stopping climate change is an impossible task and nobody knows the effect of the expected magnetic field shift on climate.

Last edited by Enteking,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Really? Like what?
really, like literally the thing i said after that part you quoted. because voting restrictions help them by preventing first and foremost, poor, elderly and lets say, racially diverse parts of the population, from casting their vote. (which are currently much more likely to support the democratic party)
but maybe you're more of a visual type, so here's an extremely simplified video that might explain the gist of it to you

No, I didnt. Voting for Trump is the ONE AND ONLY thing that sends I message I want Trump. Voting for someone that is neither of them sends the message that I refuse to support either of them, and unless Im given a 1st party candidate better than what I was given I wont vote first party. Dont deal with shit bag politicians who will cheat their ass off to run the country. Trump is far less desirable, I agree but im not going to say I want Hillary, which is literally what voting for her does, when I can vote for someone I ACTUALLY WANT. Its a matter of principle and sending a message to the dem party "next time, send someone better because I have proven I WILL refuse to support anyone if its someone like Hillary" where as voting for her says you will give in and support a scumbag like her if the opposition is even worse, and the dem party establishment can and will take advantage of complacency like that.

it doesn't matter how you're trying to justify your decision to yourself and everyone around you after the fact. objectively, you voted for trump and because you would have known that, you can't argue 'MY VOTE WAS MEANT TO REPRESENT THIS THING OR THAT'. because it doesn't.
you're in a majority type of voting system. you could pull that stuff in germany, where its not majority and winner takes all. but you aren't.
your vote only had two possible purposes. help clinton or help trump. nothing else.
and you chose help trump, who's only chance to win, from the getgo, was idiots like you throwing their vote away in his favor.

and your vote didn't send any message to the dem party other than 'next time, send someone who's basically like trump'. you have not proven anything other than that you are among the people who'd throw their vote away and let their own country burn for their own egotistical reasons.
allowing that man to win is going to shape your countries political playing field for potentially decades to come and not in a good way. because the same way the parties believed 30 years ago that the optimal candidate had to be big with broad shoulders, they're going to learn that in some way, a donald trump represented qualities that are winning factors for the next candidates.

According to satellite images, we right now have more green plants on earth than ever before, caused by CO2. This was a surprise for many scientist and is called global greening. But it still gets warmer and according to geology, the ice of the poles will melt completely in any warm age. And we are in a war age right now. Stopping climate change is an impossible task and nobody knows the effect of the expected magnetic field shift on climate.

unfortunately, a few shrubs don't happen to have the same impact on climate change as keeping trees that have grown and absorbed co2 for hundreds of years.
no scientist was truly surprised by co2 supporting plant growth. its still getting warmer because those shrubs can't absorb as much co2 meaning its all still mostly in the atmosphere, causing greenhouse effect (together with all that methane that happens to be a byproduct of the meatindustry)

I am a Democrat and I didn't vote 'cause I wasn't going to vote for Hillary and I didn't like trump.
Still don't .

Jax

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk
good for you. watch the republican party pass restrictive voting laws over the next 4 years in all the states they won, so next time the dems throw in a qualified candidate that isn't hillary, he won't have a chance even with your vote

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe if the worst humans stopped to manipulate the climate.
Before some ignorant write to me "conspiracy", they must be informed that the act to alter the climate exist since before '70, made in Israel to cool off the climate to let them harvest.
The difference now is that its not used to cool off anymore...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...