Do you believe in climate change/global warming?

Do you think Trump pulling out of the Paris climate change deal was a bad thing?

• Total voters

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would add another option. I come in closest to this:

"Yes, climate change is real, but humans aren't the ones causing it"

But humans may be causing it, or causing some of it. I think cow farts are as big as fossil fuels. I think overpopulation is bigger than anything else, but we don't hear about that anymore. And while I have seen evidence that there has been a warming trend, I haven't seen convincing evidence that isolates humanity as the only cause. The earth has seen millions of warming and cooling trends through its history.

As for this Paris accord business (and the Copenhagen and Kyoto deals before that), the real aim of those people is getting a toe in the door to global government. No thanks. The UN is already bad and corrupt enough.
https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/
All the evidence you need

D

Deleted User

Yes climax change is real however I'm skeptical on how much us humans have had an affect on it

I think it's partly exaggerated how much humans are being cause this climate change but it is definitely a thing, maybe a natural process as well as human activity adding onto it? ^^

But it is definitely not bullshit that it exist.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I believe climate change is real and it has happened before. I'm iffy on human involvement.

As for the Paris agreement, the US leaving it isn't the end of the world. The world won't blow up due to US not signing it. Green energy will go down in price, solar will become dirt cheap(hopefully), people will adapt, no need for a treaty. Also, Obama should have went through congress before signing such a treaty.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I didn't vote as neither of your options really apply to me. I'm in the middle yes climax change is a real thing however I'm skeptical on how much us humans have had an affect on it and how much we really can do about it. Sure scientist say a lot of things but they can also be wrong and I'm not convinced of the evidence provided.
This is pretty much how I feel as well. I think there's enough evidence of global warming that it would be ignorant to deny its existance, it's like saying vaccines cause autism even though there's absolutely no evidence of that and it doesn't make any sense, just something ignorant people tell themselves.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Even if climate change is real, the Paris Climate Accord is a scam focused on wealth redistribution and deindustrialization of the West.
The effect of exiting the Paris accord is exactly as you stated. Wealth redistribution to the top, suppression of green energy efforts/training in the US. Exxon Mobil is secretary of state now, after all. Corruption with this administration is plain as day, they aren't smart enough for obfuscation.

The accord itself is, again, non-binding and each country sets their own standards. Exiting makes the US look too stupid to lead or follow in the world.

Last edited by Xzi,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ha! don't care about your children? the human race in general?
Oh, the single species that (to the best of our knowledge) has had the strongest environmental impact on the planet, and is also unable to allocate reasonable amounts of resources to their 7 billion specimens?

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
The agreement is non-binding and countries set their own benchmarks. Withdrawing from the deal once again shows that Trump has no ability to negotiate and no creativity. It's always, "Obama did it, so it must be bad. Hurr durr." A pet rock literally would've made a better president.

It was Obama's fault this time. He was the one who went in a "signed" this bs non binding agreement. It was a joke from the get go.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What I think, hah, Donald trump is a corporate tool who is only interested in increasing profits for those fortunate enough to be in his presence.

He's an idiot at best and the worst thing is the people voted for this idiot. He is the definition of corporate greed and his sole purpose is to allow other to suckle from his teet.

I can't believe how people honesty thought he would put the public above corporations. His staff is constanly on damage control.

God help us all

D

Deleted User

I'm just gonna bet $20 that this tread will be closed by the end of next week.

I know that climate change is real. However, I don't care what President Trump says I will support him. Whether or not I voted has no effect on this decision, but the fact the we as a country elected him. People need to stop acting like they are more important than the country as a whole. If everybody made an argument against trump or for trump and we had a civil war, other super powers would take away our country.

If everybody were to act together, we could actually get shit done.

Climate Change is real. It is a part of nature. Do you think that animals caused the warming of the globe to end the Ice Age? No. It is just natural course of events

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I think, hah, Donald trump is a corporate tool who is only interested in increasing profits for those fortunate enough to be in his presence.

He's an idiot at best and the worst thing is the people voted for this idiot. He is the definition of corporate greed and his sole purpose is to allow other to suckle from his teet.

I can't believe how people honesty thought he would put the public above corporations. His staff is constanly on damage control.

God help us all
Did you like Ronald Reagan? Trump has the same policies as Reagan, but he made his business. He has to be more stern. He will run the country like a business, as a business, until he realizes that he can't. Then he will buck up and be a better president. Nobody gives him a chance.

EDIT: I forgot to post on-topic! I really don't care what the U.S. did on the stance. We aren't the only country in the world not signing it. I'm actually glad they didn't because it means more money going towards reducing these Trillions of dollars of debt. Although it won't be much, it's something

Last edited by ,

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I know that climate change is real. However, I don't care what President Trump says I will support him. Whether or not I voted has no effect on this decision, but the fact the we as a country elected him. People need to stop acting like they are more important than the country as a whole. If everybody made an argument against trump or for trump and we had a civil war, other super powers would take away our country.

Climate Change is real. It is a part of nature. Do you think that animals caused the warming of the globe to end the Ice Age? No. It is just natural course of events

Did you like Ronald Reagan? Trump has the same policies as Reagan, but he made his business. He has to be more stern. He will run the country like a business, as a business, until he realizes that he can't. Then he will buck up and be a better president. Nobody gives him a chance.
Gotta agree with you, especially with the whole "not my president" bullshit going on. It's just a bunch of salty people (mostly liberals) who are upset that Hillary or Bernie or whoever their candidate was didn't win. They need to get over themselves, grow up, and face reality. I didn't see people this upset when Obama got in office both times.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think he was given too many chances as nuclear warfare is almost imminent.

D

Deleted User

Gotta agree with you, especially with the whole "not my president" bullshit going on. It's just a bunch of salty people (mostly liberals) who are upset that Hillary or Bernie or whoever their candidate was didn't win. They need to get over themselves, grow up, and face reality. I didn't see people this upset when Obama got in office both times.
This is my favorite: http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...er-we-need-you-hillary-sue-the-us-sot-ctn.cnn
I think he was given too many chances as nuclear warfare is almost imminent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brinkmanship_(Cold_War)

I believe we were in the same boat in the 50's. People are just pissed because a white male actually won something for once. That is for another rant altogether. Have fun guys.

Reactions: rileysrjay

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I forgot to post on-topic! I really don't care what the U.S. did on the stance. We aren't the only country in the world not signing it. I'm actually glad they didn't because it means more money going towards reducing these Trillions of dollars of debt. Although it won't be much, it's something
Just because we elected someone doesn't mean we need to support him, especially when he is a national embarasment. Yes, he is my president. But a country shouldn't blindly follow it's president just because they were elected. And before anyone says it no I didn't say "Obama's your president follow what he says" before, and I didn't vote for Hillary or Bernie in the general. Blind loyalty to a nations leadership just because they won an election is dangerous, and the fact that he is clearly mistaken here means he SHOULD be spoken up against to show him the people disagree with his assessment. And no I don't like Reagan lol.

D

Deleted User

Just because we elected someone doesn't mean we need to support him, especially when he is a national embarasment. Yes, he is my president. But a country shouldn't blindly follow it's president just because they were elected. And before anyone says it no I didn't say "Obama's your president follow what he says" before, and I didn't vote for Hillary or Bernie in the general. Blind loyalty to a nations leadership just because they won an election is dangerous, and the fact that he is clearly mistaken here means he SHOULD be spoken up against to show him the people disagree with his assessment. And no I don't like Reagan lol.
mmm. unwatching a thread just to get quoted. my favorite.

Anyways. You have some valid points. We shouldn't follow them blindly, but we also shouldn't have a Social Media civil war or anything of the sorts that can lead to a divided country. If we could stay united, without all of the hatred (and it is easier to share hatred more than love), we could possible live a better life with better decisions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already