Do you believe in climate change/global warming?

Do you think Trump pulling out of the Paris climate change deal was a bad thing?

• Total voters

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact, one of the recent United Nations studies from the past few years (too lazy to find it lol) says that unless the world cuts it's meat by 75% by 2050 the world won't be able to recover environmentally

Edit: it's the unep Oct 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170602-203335.jpg
    Screenshot_20170602-203335.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by bi388,

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact, one of the recent United Nations studies from the past few years (too lazy to find it lol) says that unless the world cuts it's meat by 75% by 2050 the world won't be able to recover environmentally

Edit: it's the unep Oct 2012

It won't be able to recovery environmentally for humanity's standards. But, we're humans. For god sakes, remember we live on a rock that was hit by flaming balls of fire thrown at it at speeds higher than anything else on this planet ever billions of years ago forged from fucking stars.

I assume by that chart it means it won't recover in time for humans to still be alive, otherwise, the planet will. Plastic ain't destorying the planet anytime soon.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I certainly believe things are changing. The problem I have is I see rich people telling me how much I need to change while they fly around in private jets and hang out in multiple mansions. A small sacrifice in these people's life styles will make more change than most of us regular people could do.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's real, and I do think the human race has contributed to it. To what extent I don't know, but there's an influence for sure. There used to be a time where Winters were consistently cold and had lots of snow, I remember 2003 having almost a foot of snow in these parts (Pennsylvania), and since around 2006, it just went all inconsistent with warmer Winters, rainy ones, and sometimes classic snow heavy ones. I always look at that as an indication of Global Warming. Meanwhile Spring and Summer stay being hot, hotter than usual at times, but this Spring there were some unusually cool days, which I appreciated. That's been gone though, it's building up to another hot Summer.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the first option is the popular one shows the problem... And no... It's not the US pulling out of this pact that was primarily funded by the US.
We are pulling out of it on a federal level. Thankfully there are a whole lot of US governors and mayors willing to commit regardless of the white house's opinion. I'm sure we'll see a lot more channels of communication between foreign governments and state governments that bypass our joke of a president going forward.

Reactions: queendude

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you live in Florida, and once it will happen, it will be too late.
People like you who can't accept the truth are lost.

"Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" are not everything, Trump. Money either.

Al Gore, DiCaprio these big climax change spokesman who say we are all going to die if we don't do X kept getting in their big fancy jets and and burning how much fuel? I don't take these people seriously nobody should.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least we have people like Elon Musk flying on his private jet all over the place and even flew to Washington to leave Trump's adviser circle. How green!

Don't get me started how green Leonardo Dicaprio is, while using his private jet to once pick up his hat, and renting out yachts for parties, while telling me to lower my carbon foot print.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
It's like a 98% scientific consensus on this. It exists whether you believe in it or not, just like gravity.

Again my issues is not if it exist or not more so how much we have contribute to it and if we can even do anything to stop it. This plan was a joke and would have done nothing but made use weaker.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Again my issues is not if it exist or not more so how much we have contribute to it and if we can even do anything to stop it. This plan was a joke and would have done nothing but made use weaker.
We've made ourselves weaker on the world stage by not signing on. The funny thing is that smart business leaders and local politicians are completely bypassing Trump on this anyway and making their own commitments. Not only because it's better for the climate going forward, but because embracing green energy is better for profits as well. Only the white house is too retarded and short-sighted to see that.

D

Deleted User

Hopefully you live in Florida, and once it will happen, it will be too late.
People like you who can't accept the truth are lost.

"Jobs, Jobs, Jobs" are not everything, Trump. Money either.
Alright, apparently responding to a thread once you unwatch it rewatches it so I guess I'm in for good this time.

While I agree that things like this are true, I don't think we did everything.

Also, while Jobs and Money aren't everything:

upload_2017-6-2_19-4-38.png

While during Trump's administration this won't be wiped,

IT IS STILL VERY IMPORTANT

If we were to divide our debt among which nations, the most would go to China.

If we don't pay off this debt, bad things will happen. Very, very bad things.

We are almost at a whopping $20 trillion in debt. That is more than the 3 countries right behind us combined. The US is struggling. Whether we believe it or not, or first priority should be fixing the economy. If this means acknowledging Climate change and putting more money towards it so be it. But it doesn't. It means creating new jobs and many more things.

queendude

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At least we have people like Elon Musk flying on his private jet all over the place and even flew to Washington to leave Trump's adviser circle. How green!

Don't get me started how green Leonardo Dicaprio is, while using his private jet to once pick up his hat, and renting out yachts for parties, while telling me to lower my carbon foot print.
Al Gore, DiCaprio these big climax change spokesman who say we are all going to die if we don't do X kept getting in their big fancy jets and and burning how much fuel? I don't take these people seriously nobody should.
This doesn't mean that global warming isn't happening. It's happening. And we have to take it seriously.
Remember Stephen Hawking? He gave us 1000 years to search a new planet.... recently he changed his mind - he gave us 100 years before we're going to die if we don't take action immediately.
The rapidly growing human population is a difficult challenge to the humanity. More than 10 billion people will be a total disaster.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We are almost at a whopping $20 trillion in debt. That is more than the 3 countries right behind us combined. The US is struggling. Whether we believe it or not, or first priority should be fixing the economy. If this means acknowledging Climate change and putting more money towards it so be it. But it doesn't. It means creating new jobs and many more things.
What are you talking about? Green energy creates jobs. Or did you think coal mining was the wave of the future?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't mean that global warming isn't happening. It's happening. And we have to take it seriously.

Remember Stephen Hawking? He gave us 1000 years to search a new planet.... recently he changed his mind - he gave us 100 years before we're going to die if we don't take action immediately.
The rapidly growing human population is a difficult challenge to the humanity. More than 10 billion people will be a total disaster.

Exaggeration the planet isn't going anywhere unless we nuke it to hell and back.

fear mongering...the human population in the west and japan has been declining while people in these 3rd world shitholes keep increasing...might want to speak to them and tell them to stop breeding.

Last edited by CallmeBerto,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899
D

Deleted User

We've made ourselves weaker on the world stage by not signing on. The funny thing is that smart business leaders and local politicians are completely bypassing Trump on this anyway and making their own commitments. Not only because it's better for the climate going forward, but because embracing green energy is better for profits as well. Only the white house is too retarded and short-sighted to see that.
Alright wise guy.
I've had plenty enough of your shit.

How about you get off of all of your electronics, move out of your house/apartment, get rid of your car and all of your luxuries, and then, go full green. Live homeless and do everything in your power to create a better world.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

But the problem is, nobody is willing to do that. If the whole country had that motivation, we would change the world. But we don't. We like sitting in front of our computers ranting about politics. Ranting about how we are right and the other is wrong. Well, maybe if you're so dedicated to getting Trump out of the White House, you'll assassinate him. Oh wait, nobody will go that far for the good of the country. Oh well, I guess nobody is willing to do anything so I'll rant about it even though I won't either.

Get over yourself sunshine and learn how to be a constructive member of society.

(yes I know, this post contains large amounts of sarcasm and hypocrisy. I am guilty of a lot of it myself, but I am not whining like a little bitch about it)

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States

We really haven't the US are the big boys in town (sound as pretentious as hell but it's true.) We will ALWAYS have a seat at the table unless out economy goes to shit.

However I do agree with your second part we should go green not to save the planet or whatever the hell but more because that is the way the world is moving (jobs)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8