• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an Orthodox Christian so yeah. I believe that Jesus died for us and that God is real. I also believe in Hell and Heaven.

Good for you but umm.. God has a name because Jesus mentioned that. I can't blame you but there is no Hell. I thought it was there too until I found out about it. Now, I know that there is no Hell at all. The bible did explain that. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God has a name:

PSALM 83:18

Jesus mentioned that:

John 17:26

Now..

Some bible translations use the world "hell" for the hebrew word "Sheol" and the matching Greek word "Hades," both of which refer to the common "grave" of mankind. Psalm 16;10, Acts 2:27. Many people believe in a fiery hell. I can't blame you too. Your church and my church taught us that. However, the Bible teaches otherwise:

1. Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. "There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol." Ecclesiastes 9:10... BINGO!!!

2. Good people go to hell. Wait a minute.. Sheol, that is. Yes, the faithful men Jacob and Job excepted to go there. Here: Genesis 37:35, Job 14:13.

3. Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. "He who has die has been acquitted from his sin." Here: Romans 6:7.

4. Eternal torment would violate God's justice. How ? Read this: Deuteronomy 32:4 - When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simple be to pass out of existence: "Dust you are and to dust you will return" Here: Genesis 3:19.. Don't you forgot that! :-)

God would have been lying if he were actually sending Adam to a fiery hell.

5: God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is country to the Bible's teaching that "God is love" See ? Here: 1 John 4;8, Jeremiah 7:31

Cheers!

Last edited by spotanjo3,

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, its just scientifically impossible for the universe to have come from nothing, and life cannot emerge from an empty void according to science.
So, god must exist by deductive logic.
According to science, god must exist? Please do show where science proved the existence of god.

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God has a name:

Jesus mentioned that:

Now..

Some bible translations use the world "hell" for the hebrew word "Sheol" and the matching Greek word "Hades," both of which refer to the common "grave" of mankind. Psalm 16;10, Acts 2:27. Many people believe in a fiery hell. I can't blame you too. Your church and my church taught us that. However, the Bible teaches otherwise:

1. Those in hell are unconscious and so cannot feel pain. "There is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheol." Ecclesiastes 9:10... BINGO!!!

2. Good people go to hell. Wait a minute.. Sheol, that is. Yes, the faithful men Jacob and Job excepted to go there. Here: Genesis 37:35, Job 14:13.

3. Death, not torment in a fiery hell, is the penalty for sin. "He who has die has been acquitted from his sin." Here: Romans 6:7.

4. Eternal torment would violate God's justice. How ? Read this: Deuteronomy 32:4 - When the first man, Adam, sinned, God told him that his punishment would simple be to pass out of existence: "Dust you are and to dust you will return" Here: Genesis 3:19.. Don't you forgot that! :-)

5: God does not even contemplate eternal torment. The idea that he would punish people in hellfire is country to the Bible's teaching that "God is love" See ? Here: 1 John 4;8, Jeremiah 7:31

Cheers!
Thanks!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God has a name:

Jesus mentioned that:

Now..

Cheers!
That's actually really interesting, and I didn't know that! So the belief that nothing happens when you die can also coexist with a belief in God and Heaven. I like that idea :)

Reactions: spotanjo3

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, muslims wouldn't get such bad credit if they didn't have ISIS ruining the way they look, Which i know just because your muslim your not ISIS but political figures such as Donald Trump don't seem to see that...

I'm not sure how Trump's statement was taken so far out of context... Actually, I do.. it's not newsworthy unless you use it out of context.

I would compare his statement to the creation of the TSA, grounding planes after the 9/11 attacks, limiting carry on water, etc. We adjust our policies based on events, this is nothing more than that. He does clearly say stop them until we can put controls in place. That could be as simple as a memo on passport and visa requirements, or a system to flag passengers for additional review. It does need a long term review, but that can be done as long as some preliminary controls are in place.

We've missed at least three cases where people traveled into known terrorist hot-spots which have lead to mass killings. They are: San Bernardino, Chattanooga, and Boston. It seems a bit odd that we can say 'Not one More' to gun violence, but cannot say the same thing to obvious terrorist attacks. How many additional cases either didn't happen or haven't happened yet?

How can the NSA can track your internet searches, but can't figure out when people fly into potential terrorist hot-spots? We should let NSA loose on gun sales, they probably could have identified Dylann Roof and stopped him.

Anyway... back to bigger issues..
It's probably a good thing Christians aren't all seen as Westboro baptist, Pat Robertson, or Harold Camping types.

Last edited by cdoty,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to science, god must exist? Please do show where science proved the existence of god.

Well, think about it...

The existence of an orderly universe containing life points to a Creator. The Bible says: “Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.” Hebrews 3:4.

Although this logic is simple, many well-educated people find it to be powerful.

As humans, we have an innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life, a type of hunger that can remain after our physical needs have been met. This is part of what the Bible calls our “spiritual need,” which includes the desire to know and worship God. Matthew 5:3; Revelation 4:11

This spiritual need not only gives evidence that God exists but also indicates that he is a loving Creator who wants us to satisfy that need. Here: Matthew 4:4

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, think about it...

The existence of an orderly universe containing life points to a Creator. The Bible says: “Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but the one who constructed all things is God.” Hebrews 3:4.

Although this logic is simple, many well-educated people find it to be powerful.

As humans, we have an innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life, a type of hunger that can remain after our physical needs have been met. This is part of what the Bible calls our “spiritual need,” which includes the desire to know and worship God. Matthew 5:3; Revelation 4:11

This spiritual need not only gives evidence that God exists but also indicates that he is a loving Creator who wants us to satisfy that need. Here: Matthew 4:4
None of that is even the slightest bit scientific

Reactions: osaka35

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of that is even the slightest bit scientific
Look up the Creation Research Institute (CRI). They're doing a lot of scientific digging with Biblical ideas. I personally am not a fan of their inability to let go of the 6,000-10,000 year "young earth" model (although I do personally believe for various reasons that scientists have wildly overestimated the age of the earth by a few hundred million years), but regardless it does partake in a lot of peer-reviewed research

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, think about it...

Basically this says: the bible says god made everything, and there IS an everything, so therefore god! Plus, the fact a lot of people want there to be a god must mean a god exist! there is no other way. plus the bible says it. simple logic and really smart people agree with it!

I do personally believe for various reasons that scientists have wildly overestimated the age of the earth by a few hundred million years

Which branch of science? Several branches have independently pointed to a very ancient age. Independent research of each other have verified data and projections of the other fields. It's not just one field that's guessing, it's multiple fields of science working in tandem to verify. That and there's zero evidence to the contrary. Out of curiosity, why would you believe the current science to be inaccurate?

Last edited by osaka35,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look up the Creation Research Institute (CRI). They're doing a lot of scientific digging with Biblical ideas. I personally am not a fan of their inability to let go of the 6,000-10,000 year "young earth" model (although I do personally believe for various reasons that scientists have wildly overestimated the age of the earth by a few hundred million years), but regardless it does partake in a lot of peer-reviewed research
The CRI is not a scientific organization. They begin with a conclusion and then search for supporting evidence while rejecting contradictory evidence. It's just religion trying to disguise itself a science. There's a reason that upon seeking approval for a science Masters Degree program, scientific faculties voted against it 95%.

KSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deductive logic states that if according to science life in the most rudimentary single celled form cannot miraculously appear from nothing, then something must have placed life in the universe.

If life cannot come from nothing then something must have created life, an entity that is capable of creating life in the universe must be God.

Its very simple science, an empty lifeless void will remain that way from now until the end of time, thus life must have originated from something. Call it what you will, but I choose to that entity which created life "God".

Last edited by KSP,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deductive logic states that if according to science life in the most rudimentary single celled form cannot miraculously appear from nothing, then something must have placed life in the universe.

If life cannot come from nothing then something must have created life, an entity that is capable of creating life in the universe must be God.

Its very simple science, an empty lifeless void will remain that way from now until the end of time, thus life most have originated from something. Call it what you will, but I choose to that entity which created life "God".
In order for your logic to work, you must assume there is no natural way for single cell life to have formed. That's bad logic. It sounds like you already have your conclusion, you're just trying to figure out how to make everything point to it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an idiot, it's actually ICR lol
The *ICR is not a scientific organization. They begin with a conclusion and then search for supporting evidence while rejecting contradictory evidence. It's just religion trying to disguise itself a science. There's a reason that upon seeking approval for a science Masters Degree program, scientific faculties voted against it 95%.
Hm. All the same, look up "Ice Cores, Sea Floors, and the Age of the Earth". It's an article that they put out that I think you'd find interesting

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Which branch of science? Several branches have independently pointed to a very ancient age. Independent research of each other have verified data and projections of the other fields. It's not just one field that's guessing, it's multiple fields of science working in tandem to verify. That and there's zero evidence to the contrary. Out of curiosity, why would you believe the current science to be inaccurate?
The particular article I just referenced

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its very simple science, an empty lifeless void will remain that way from now until the end of time, thus life most have originated from something. Call it what you will, but I choose to that entity which created life "God".
That is not science. The axiom that life comes from life and not spontaneously created from non-life is not to say it is impossible for life to form not from life, but rather the axiom was refuting the belief at the time in the so-called life-force. It was believed that some mystical life-force existed that would create Maggots out of nothing. Instead, after experimentation with rotting meat in a sealed jar, it was proved that maggots did not form when the meat was sealed away where other life couldn't get to it. That wasn't good enough, though, because then people complained that the jar was sealing out the life-force, so the experiment was repeated with a mesh covering the jar instead of sealing it, so the life-force could get into the jar, but still the maggots did not appear. So based on this experiment, we get the axiom that life comes from life, which does not disprove a natural abiogenesis creating the first, most rudimentary forms of life that evolved into what we are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...