• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Do you feel the USA is better now than it was 22 years ago?

Are things getting better or worse for the "Greatest Country in the World"?

• Better

• Worse

• It's a mixed bag and very complicated and while I think some things have declined we do also have...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, no. I'm not American, but from what I can see it's a shitshow.

Revoltingly awful Presidents, that whole "social justice" thing last decade, the still-ironclad grip Christianity has on education and politics and policy-making (Christians, you are NOT "persecuted" - you're the ones doing the persecuting!), the stubborn reliance on cars for transport instead of the far more efficient and environmentally-healthier public transport, Elon fucking Musk and his countless lies and scams and bullshit. The stubborn refusal to abandon the nonsensical Imperial units.

America's awful.
I find all the emotional rants like this one to be pretty damn funny. The funniest part is the amount of hate Christians receive on these forums from the "No Hate" group that preaches tolerance.

Since you are not from here, maybe you don't understand the size of the US. It's pretty damn big and public transport is inconvenient.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't point out the lie. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

This is what happens when you argue emotionally and project your inadequacies onto others. You make me laugh and you look silly.
Everyone else has already demolished your "arguments" that you and your little circlejerk made, why should I waste words with you?

Velorian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's so funny, from the eye's of Americans who have never left the USA they have no clue how shitty life is for them compared to the rest of the 1st world countries. Everything from transportation, wages, healthcare, education, living standards, clean water, clean air, almost everything is better in every other 1st world country. During the Pandemic when the USA was arguing over $600 checks to give once or twice every other country was giving their citizens $2000-$3000 per month no questions asked for more than 6 months.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That was his granddaughter and he wasn't sniffing her, he was comforting her at the funeral of her dad, you sick pervert.
He's sniffed loads of kids - when not letting kids rub his hairy legs or showering naked with his daughter when she was a teen. Just do a youtube search "Biden sniffing" and you'll find loads of his "sniffing" antics. I can't think of a more inept presiden in US history, every time he opens his mouth you expect another lie to come out or him messing up his lines. Or just some jumbled up gibberish. He's the laughing stock of the world just now.

End of quote - repeat the line...

• Wow
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I did, and found nothing.

Are you a degenerate? Has your age made you some sort of child predator?
Your search skills are rubbish, this took me 10 seconds and it's not even recent.

I'm no child preditor - you have me confused with creepy Joe Biden and Hunter Biden the underage crack whore shagger (when he's not pumping his dead brothers wife) deviant.

Last edited by mrdude,
  • Haha

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Where's the lie?
Are you seriously asking that question?
You can't point out the lie.
Yup. Okay. Let's looks at "the lie"
The left keeps saying that we don't care about the loss of lives. That's an emotional response.
This statement? The statement you call a "emotional response" isn't a emotional response.
Banning abortions to the point when it's live saving. Or a worse, while your in the emergency room, doctors go have to check with lawyers when they need to act quickly, all because you can be charged for a felony for providing it.
It's not going to give the outcome you think it will. It's going to result in more deaths.

The other part of that lie, is you'd force someone to carry that life into existence. While being against Medicare for all. Since you know. Type one dibeaties requires insulin. Which insluin prices are already so jacked, that many paretents had to choose to let their kid die, since they couldn't pay for it.

Or how about your stance on gun control? Since again, we don't have to remove guns. However we should have a stronger vetting process. Which will easily result in decreased mass shootings. But your against all of that.

Against medicare for all which could save thousands of lives. Against gun control which can save hundreds to even thousands. And against abortion. Which has also saved countless thousands.

The facts are your not pro life. Your pro birth. You do not care about life. You just care about extending the power of lives you can control.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I find all the emotional rants like this one to be pretty damn funny. The funniest part is the amount of hate Christians receive on these forums from the "No Hate" group that preaches tolerance.

Since you are not from here, maybe you don't understand the size of the US. It's pretty damn big and public transport is inconvenient.
Not the inner cities. Or neighbourhoods. They could really use more public transport.

Reactions: Dakitten

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you'll find the worst president you've ever had is your current Senile Senoir - teleprompter Joe. I haven't known of anyone worse in the History of the US. Corruption and the Biden crime family go hand in hand. He constantly lies every time he opens his mouth, the other day he was saying he had cancer, he probably meant to say he was sniffing a kid that had cancer.
You can tell it's bait when they're upset over Dark Brandon being the "worst president ever" when the worst thing he's done is just not be left enough.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone else has already demolished your "arguments" that you and your little circlejerk made, why should I waste words with you?
None of my arguments have been "demolished". All I have received is personal attacks. Not sure you know what the word demolished means. You may want to look it up.

• Haha

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of my arguments have been "demolished". All I have received is personal attacks. Not sure you know what the word demolished means. You may want to look it up.
No, your nonsense has been demolished, but your delusion prevents you from accepting that. Just like your other delusions of grandeur you inflict on us like pestilence.

Dakitten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if a more capable woman loses her position to less qualified man due to state pressure, the woman was not we are inflicting harm on her, we are just pushing her forward.

Ooh, the turnabout! Okay, I'll happily play this game, as I've been on the receiving end of this policy before! Just probably not in the way you think...

Given my wealth of experience and background in a STEM field, I've enjoyed a small measure of preference in the hiring process. This has allowed me a chance at jobs that might normally not consider me a first choice, but since I can also pass for white and only speak a small amount of spanish since it was banned in my home growing up, I have also lost out on positions to less educated individuals who were bilingual or from minority groups that are underrepresented...

SO I MOVED ON TO ANOTHER JOB UNTIL I GOT ONE. Yes, it wasn't always easy and it could get discouraging, but that is the fault of the system at large more than anything and I still had those in demand skills for somewhere else. Ideally, in a utopian world, it could just be that the best fit gets the best job, but in the USA we don't have enough 8 hour a day jobs for everyone and there has been centuries of bias both in the education system and hiring process that needs to be addressed immediately even if we are still waiting on substantial social reform. I wasn't harmed, I just wasn't helped into the first job I wanted.

Nobody needs your celebrations. Racism in the selection process is unfair. We don´t make the NBA 4% Asian because they need more representation. If an African-American cannot play in the NBA because of this form of racism, I`m sure he would understand and "still be motivated to do their best" (as you put it).

Not quite how that works in sports. It doesn't just reflect population, but cultural participation as well. This is why some sports are dominated by ethnic and regional groups where there is more interest, and if it wasn't there would for damn sure be a push to get more inclusion in the NBA and other groups. That being said, this is also really weird whataboutism, methinks you're mistaking "equality" for "status quo". The idea of inclusion measures is to react to inequality over large spans of time even if it means disrupting a supposedly egalitarian system with the long term goal of getting everyone back to an even playing field.

I don´t have the numbers but I would be surprised if they didn´t make up at least 4%. Since you made the claim, you should provide the numbers. (Though I am not in favor of equating skill and success)

To be fair, Asia is a big place, and groups from different regions have vastly different median incomes, but I like links.

https://www.pewresearch.org/social-...-the-u-s-is-rising-most-rapidly-among-asians/ <- This article doesn't delve into the details quite as much as some others, but a lot of wealthy Asian folk are from either first generation families who brought over wealth or established wealthy families. My stepsiblings fall into this category as well, hence my father pining for a woman who knew very little English while he knew very little Chinese. Their relationship was purely business...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/300528/us-millionaires-race-ethnicity/ <-- This is probably what you're aiming for, showing that in the special snowflake upper class area, asians become millionaires more often than the percentage of the population they represent (8% millionaires v about 6% population, although breaking down the ethnic groups throws this ratio around quite a bit as per the prior link) and that Caucasians still dominate more of that class than their percentage. The level of wealth I was looking at, however, is the tippity top billionaires club, and I'll yield that I very much underestimated the number of Indian tech giants.

BTW I´m wondering what your step-siblings think about this topic. More and more young Asians Americans have found out that you need to march with BLM etc in order to gain access to high society. They support the oppression of their own group for personal gain.

Well, all but one of my siblings marched with BLM even after being established financially in the middle class, and they all got degrees from prestigious universities and acknowledged that their access to wealth was paramount to their education access even if they were otherwise gifted as well, so... we're all commies who seek out a greater communal whole!

I do want to point out that your comments here have kinda brought something into focus, and I don't think it has been stated clearly. You do know that you're a rather unremarkable meat popsicle in general but at least insofar as the quality of your posts on this form goes, and your personal tribulations and situation do not sway anybody here to your cause, right? I don't care if you were violently ravaged by a BLM academic grant board and sodomy club out to uniquely target Asians, your personal situation does not interest me and you've done nothing to build up even a shred of empathy considering your lack of compassion for others. You seem particularly self-focused and snowflakeish.

Dakitten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every single president in history has been elected by the Electoral College. And yes, it is undemocratic because the Founders did that on purpose. They know what happens with pure democracies. Apparently, you don't. Maybe you should go read some books on the subject.

Ah, the joys of "It works for me so f u!" The USA is not perfect, and the ability for minorities and women to vote had to be written in as an example. It started out as another of those compromises mentioned earlier, and is absolutely an archaic system of the past not suited to the modern day that should be changed. So long as we use it, we can't be recognized as a true democracy. Maybe you should ditch the faux patriotic zeal and look at the bigger picture. We don't acknowledge individuals of superior stature to everyday citizens anymore, time to vote like it.

The left always uses Fox News as some kind of boogeyman not realizing they are part of the same corporate media pushing the same fake news.

They... don't? Honestly, Fox is just the biggest name that pushes disinformation so its an easy target, but we can throw shade at OAN or whatever you seem to salivate over like a hungry beast.

Never mentioned religion, but it's the only argument you people have even though the right to life is the most important natural right we have. You can't debate that so you bring in religion every single time. You ain't the first to do this and you won't be the last. It just shows why the left is so angry about the Dobbs decision. You really can't debate your position and now you are forced to do.

Stop talking about pregnancy like it's some kind of disease.

Pregnancy is a medical condition only women endure and can relate to. Abortion doesn't just end a (theoretical and not universally recognized) life, it deals with the impact of the condition on the would be mother. The 10 year old rape victim having to travel out of state was one tragedy, but another is the woman in Texas who had to walk around with an expired fetus inside of her for weeks because doctors were worried about being victims of abortion bounties for removing it. This is to say nothing about how our medical system offers no long term support for children after they're born on a federal level, or their parents.

Only your faith could possibly recognize the moment of insemination as the beginning of a life, and only your insanity can sustain arguments against abortion for the sake of women's health. It is one thing to say every abortion is a tragedy (which it almost always is), but it is a whole other thing to defend the "life" of something that isn't even formed yet over the life of the person who cries out desperately for aide. Thank the gods you're a man so you don't have to experience what pregnancy can do to your body, eh comrade? :rolleyes:

Telling strangers to seek help is not a compliment. And you are no doctor,

I did start out my career path in medicine, funny enough! Didn't finish though, so I am indeed not a doctor, but I don't need to be one to hold the opinion that you need help.

so you are unqualified to make those diagnoses. Why do leftists on this forum keep saying that people like me are raging and that we are down?

Because you seemed to join this forum for the singular purpose of actually instigating arguments with leftists, obviously. Also you never have any actual helpful information to contribute or show any signs of other emotions like sympathy or concern. Also also the politics section is literally threads mostly started by right leaning conspiracy theorists or "shit posters".

What do we have to be mad at? It is people like you still whining about the Electoral College, the Dobbs decision, the fact we only have 2 senators per state, Fox News, and whatever else you people continuously whine about because you don't understand our form of government and you don't understand what the Founders meant when they wrote the Constitution.

I don't understand how you can only cling to the parts that your side likes to enjoy, and ignore the intents and merits of the federalists while still believing they carried your goals in the distant and very different past. You're the one who assumes nobody here understands the constitution, its just that the majority of people disagree with how you view and weaponize it, and deify it in a way that keeps it from ever evolving to match the times and the will of the people.

I guarantee if you read more and commented less, you'd be a lot less angry on here because you would be able to understand these concepts that seem to be eluding you. So, while I go touch some grass, you should hit the library. Meet you back here later, comrade.

I'm back, baybee! And one of the sites I support is a county Law Library, funny enough. Sorry, comrade, but you're still coming up short of anything reasonable and making yourself out to be a huge jerk in this community.

Dakitten

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's sniffed loads of kids - when not letting kids rub his hairy legs or showering naked with his daughter when she was a teen. Just do a youtube search "Biden sniffing" and you'll find loads of his "sniffing" antics. I can't think of a more inept presiden in US history, every time he opens his mouth you expect another lie to come out or him messing up his lines. Or just some jumbled up gibberish. He's the laughing stock of the world just now.

End of quote - repeat the line...

I'm not surprised, but you misspoke. Biden may be doing poorly in the US right now, but elsewhere in the world he is crushing Trump, who had dozens of international comics mock him on a monthly basis.

https://www.businessinsider.com/glo...higher-than-trump-in-12-countries-2021-6?op=1

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I'm not surprised, but you misspoke. Biden may be doing poorly in the US right now, but elsewhere in the world he is crushing Trump, who had dozens of international comics mock him on a monthly basis.

https://www.businessinsider.com/glo...higher-than-trump-in-12-countries-2021-6?op=1

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
Trump isn't president anymore - Brain dead Biden is and he is doing very, very poorly, the worst president in US history by a mile and the VP is just as feckless. There's only one group of people to blame for the crap way your country is current;y being run and the ones to blame are the ones that are running it into the ground just now. The dems, the party of division, hatred and making themselves rich while making you poor.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
You do know that you're a rather unremarkable meat popsicle in general but at least insofar as the quality of your posts on this form goes, and your personal tribulations and situation do not sway anybody here to your cause, right?
You think you are remarkable? You are a victim suffering from Stockholm syndrome. You have been fucked by the system regarding hiring (you want to live in a country which also does not favor the most qualified pilots and surgeons?) and instead of acknowledging what is happening, you are rationalizing the hopelessness of your situation and excusing the perpetrator.

Your counter argument regarding the NBA situation (overrepresentation of African-Americans based on population) is flawd. They are "overrepresented" (I actually am in favor or merit-based overrepresentation) because they are better. "White boys can´t jump" is not just a racist claim. African-Americans have e.g. longer legs which is great for basketball but a disadvantage at swimming. Your argument, that is based on different interests, is weak because it neglects that interests and capabilities are connected. Many female MMA fighter will lose INTEREST if the sport is dominated by men claiminig to be women (which would be legal in the EU very soon: changing gender without justification).

I do have sympathy for your stepsiblings. It means they are also suffering from that syndrome. By marching with BLM they have participated to even higher crime rates (see statistics https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/03/us/us-crime-rate-rise-2020/index.html). Seeing how Asian-Americans are about 100 times more likely to be attacked by African-Americans than the other way around (if you trust FBI statistics and my poor math), it might be a case of "I am of the good guys, please attack the other people" or like what we have seen in the viral video of 2020 where two guys got their windows smashed in and yelled "we are on your side!"

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,
Reactions: mrdude

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Biden is and he is doing very, very poorly, the worst president in US history by a mile
Biden is the worst president in US history because, what, there's inflation that's beginning to improve?

Biden's poll numbers, although bad, still aren't as low as Trump's at his lowest point. Looks like Trump finally gets to win at something, lol.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Biden is the worst president in US history because, what, there's inflation that's beginning to improve?

Biden's poll numbers, although bad, still aren't as low as Trump's at his lowest point. Looks like Trump finally gets to win at something, lol.
Once again, Trump isn't president - but he's living rent free in your head. The dems are running the show and there's nobody to blame things on apart from them.

Biden and the Dems and their piss poor performance has basically made eveyone in your country a lot poorer (apart from the ones getting rich in the swamp such as Pelosi and her insider trading), and you are trying to defend them - no wonder people throughout the world are laughing at you guys.

I feel sorry for the hard working republicans that can barely afford to drive to work and then at the end of it, buy food (if it's even on the bare shelves).

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, Trump isn't president - but he's living rent free in your head. The dems are running the show and there's nobody to blame things on apart from them.
You don't seem to realize that you invited comparisons to former presidents when you mistakenly said "worst president in US history," lol. I'm not the one who brought up former presidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi