Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am God and all that's holy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Just rewinding a few pages, why on earth should people who don't believe in God, or that Jesus was God/the Son of God not take either of their names in vain? Rules of religions only apply to the followers of those religions. If a Jewish person considers his religion to forbid him from eating pork, knock yourself out, dont eat pork. But don't tell me that I shouldn't eat pork. Islam forbids you from drawing pictures of Mohammed? Good for you, but I'm not Islamic so I'll doodle what I want. The bible says not to exclaim "Christ on a jetski" when someone asks if there's a GBA emulator for the R4 again? More power to you, curse like Ned Flanders instead. But I'm not a Christian, so those rules don't apply to me any more than Muslim codes of not shaving or imbibing alcohol apply to you Christians.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
Just rewinding a few pages, why on earth should people who don't believe in God, or that Jesus was God/the Son of God not take either of their names in vain? Rules of religions only apply to the followers of those religions. If a Jewish person considers his religion to forbid him from eating pork, knock yourself out, dont eat pork. But don't tell me that I shouldn't eat pork. Islam forbids you from drawing pictures of Mohammed? Good for you, but I'm not Islamic so I'll doodle what I want. The bible says not to exclaim "Christ on a jetski" when someone asks if there's a GBA emulator for the R4 again? More power to you, curse like Ned Flanders instead. But I'm not a Christian, so those rules don't apply to me any more than Muslim codes of not shaving or imbibing alcohol apply to you Christians.
This

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
Islam forbids you from drawing pictures of Mohammed? Good for you, but I'm not Islamic so I'll doodle what I want.

rofl2.gif
I was actually thinking about that sort of thing the other day.

(And by the way, Islamic = Muslim)

And post 2,600!
ninja.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Even among perfect creatures, the possiblity of choosing to make the wrong decision is still present.

No, it's impossible for a perfect creature to make a mistake. By definition perfect means unfaultable. A perfect creature is a creature with no flaws.

QUOTE said:
The reason they sinned was because Satan planted the desire the be like God in Eve's mind, and rather than dismissing it immediately as she should've done, she allowed the desire to remain and eventually it caused her to sin. The warning regarding the tree was clear, and Eve knew that she was not to touch it, and yet she let the desire influence her. Satan was lying when he said that they would be like God, and Eve fell for it.

And again it brings me back to the point that when God created Adam and Eve he knew they were going to sin. He knew he created a creature with a desire to do the wrong thing. If he had no inkling that they would sin then he wouldn't have warned them. So therefore he created Adam and Eve just so that he could show them paradise and cast them out. Which also brings me back to the point of him being all-compassionate and all-forgiving. If he was indeed all-compassionate and all-forgiving he would have "Don't worry about it", but instead he cast them and created "original sin". Would an all-compassionate and all-forgiving creature find everyone for all of eternity guilty for the crimes of 2 people? Let me put it this way, would it be acceptable for me to say that every German now and forever was a Nazi simply because some of them were?

QUOTE said:
And don't forget, Satan was also a perfect angel when he started out, but he became overly ambitious, and wanted to be worshipped himself, rather than being a subject of God, which was out of place for him. He also let his desire grow until he sinned, rather than dismissing it as he should've done.

Ok, let me put it to you this way. Angels weren't like humans, they were created with the sole purpose of worshipping God. Angels, according to legend (from pre-Judaic times and onwards) weren't created with free will. So again, God created Lucifer simply so that he could make an example of him. Why would an all-compassionate and all-forgiving creature create a person just so that he could do that? Then let's look at hell. Hell was created just for Lucifer, God created a place of the deepest darkest horrors imaginable, a place full of suffering, torment and despair just to prove a point. Why would an all-forgiving, all-compassionate creature do that? Even humans have more compassion and forgiveness than that, and we're far less than perfect.

Then also let's look at Gods ego. A perfect being wouldn't suffer from ego, specially not one that size. Yet, here is a God, a perfect creature, who suffers from an incredibly large ego. He created Angels just so he could be worshipped, then he created humans because being worshipped by the angels didn't satisfy his ego enough. Then he created humans in such a way that he knew he would kick them out of paradise. Not only that, he tarnished us all with the same brush. Then he got so annoyed at the fact that he wasn't being worshipped enough that he committed genocide over and over. That certainly doesn't sound like an egoless perfect creature to me, it sounds like a bullying sadist with a worship complex.

And shall we also get started on homosexuality. Remember that according to the scriptures based of the Judaic religions, of which Christianity and Islam are offshoots of, God created everything. There isn't a single thing on this Earth that God didn't create. So therefore God created homosexuality. He created men and women with an uncotrollable desire that he considered a sin, and not only a sin but a sin punishable by death. So therefore God created a certain selection of humans just so that he could punish. Would you consider that the act of a God that was all-compassionate and all-forgiving? I definitely wouldn't. For me that's no different than hunter who breeds deer just so that he can hunt them.

QUOTE said:
And about knowledge of the future: After Adam and Eve sinned, God devised the way to restore everything to normality, and immediately, he knew how he would go about doing it. The reason he didn't just eliminate Adam and Eve and Satan and start again was to show definitively to all creation that His way of rule was the perfect way, and that the consequences of defecting (as Adam and Eve did) would ultimately fail. Look at the governments around now. Would you agree that they are causing more trouble than they solve?

So what you're saying, or at least what I'm hearing, is that God had a way to solve the problem immediately and effectively but his ego is so large that he couldn't admit to making a mistake. Remember, we're all found immediately guilty of original sin by God. We're guilty before we're innocent. Where is the compassion, forgiveness and justice in that? It sounds to me like the kid who rips up his drawing in a tantrum because he made a mistake.

And yes, the governments do cause more trouble than they solve. But let's take that even further and look at the Caliphates. They are countries set up and living under Gods "perfect" way. They are all based off Islamism. A way of life sent down to humanity through the angel Gabriel and passed on by Mohammed. Countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Afghanistan all live under Wahabbi, the strictest following of Islam there is. They're following the testament and political guide sent down by God to the letter, would you say those countries are perfect and peaceful? Or would you say they're oppressive and lacking in the basic freedom that God supposedly blessed us with?

And let's get back to the issue of the basic freedom that God supposedly blessed with us. He chose to gave us free will and he said "You can choose not follow me if you want", but then created Hell as a punishment for not believing in or following. Then when people exercised that free will God lost his temper and wiped the planet out, more than once. Sounds alot like bullying and extortion to me, as well as the placating of an over-inflated ego. See the pattern? According to all Judaic based religions God constantly holds stuff under our noses and says "You can have it if you want, but I will take it sway and torture you if you take it". Sounds alot like a sadist to me.

RockmanForte said:
Actually, it [the Trinity] is a false teaching.
This.

So what are your thoughts on Islam? Any devout Muslim will tell you that your religion is a false teaching. It's been corrupted by man over the centuries and is no longer the teachings of God, it has become the teachings of mankind. According to Muslims Islam is the only true word of God.

---------------------

QUOTE(Njrg @ May 25 2010, 01:34 PM)
Whats a tougher question is what and when was the beginning of everything?

If the universe was created billions of years ago, then what created the universe, and what created the forces that created the universe, and what created those forces that created the forces that created he universe... ect... ect...

It seems everything is infinite, but there has to be a beginning to something, and then there seems to have to be a beginning to the beginning.

The universe is just one giant, infinite mindfuck. Why would you need religion to complicate that?

I don't believe the universe had a beginning, I believe it's just always been here. One of the problems we have as man is our egos. We believe that because we have a beginning and end, and the things we're surrounded by have a beginning and an end, then everything must have a beginning and end. The idea of infinite is a hard one for us to grasp. People may think they understand infinity but they don't. For most people infinity just means endless, infinity isn't just endless - it has no beginning either. It's just infinite.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
gameboy13 said:
TrolleyDave said:
So what are your thoughts on Islam?
Muslims are taking over the world.

See this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
They showed this at church one night.
Thats video is just scaremongering.
It loses all credibility near the end when it mentions about sharing the gospel message.

It loses credibility at the start when it pulls numbers and quotes out of its ass, which you can easily check and see they're clearly bullshit (unless you think every muslim woman in Belgium is having an average of 25 kids.) These are not fuzzy debates about the meaning of life or what happens when you die when everyone can claim the right answer, these are raw statistics and claims of what people said which can be checked as either factually correct or factually wrong.

Of course most people won't bother checking and just take it at face value, showing it to their idiot friends or idiot church congrigations who will also believe every statistic unquestioningly. There's a reason why bullshit videos like this one disable comments and video replies, it's the same reason why fake DSi hack videos disable them.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Arctic said:
Yes, mostly to keep family members happy. It isn't that hard, two hours a week keeps them happy.
wink.gif

Reminds me of the times when I was going to church. I mostly just went to bible study, and skipped out on Mass with a few other kids and hung out in the attic of the chirch until Mass was over and it was time to go home. Coincidentally the attic is where "tools of the devil" was confiscated and stored. Butterfly knives, Pokemon cards, Dungeons and Dragons manuals, Magic cards, etc...

dark ajax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Overman1977 said:
I am an atheist, so that pretty much clinches it.

And if there were a god, I am pretty sure he/she/it wouldn't care whether I did or not.

I kind of agree with the part about caring, I believe in god, not in a religion, so I believe this being so called "God" or whatever is more concerned about our good actions and the like than going to churches (of course considering there are so many religions, denomintations, etc). So basically for me, what matters is what you do, not where you where born, in wich society, religion, etc. So the best thing is just tolerate the other people's beliefs and be good to the others, I think that's what truly matters...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?