• Total voters

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
monkee3000 said:
May I take this opertunity to throw my hat into the Ring.
evil.gif
So, the race is on!
OK, Gents let us agree. The first one to achieve power in the Underworld buys the first round.

Mines a wicked blue mate, you know, just in case I'm not the first.
wink.gif

A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I am adding an overly peaceful side then!

That could be our holiday destination!

QUOTE(basher11 @ May 25 2010, 12:35 AM)
Chinese version of hell?

sorry, but it's boring as hell too.

i should know, I'm chinese

I always found it more interesting. The punishments are more severe and more tailored to the person rising through the levels, plus it also offers atonement. You can actually be released and reincarnated if you atone for all your sins.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
I am adding an overly peaceful side then!
That could be our holiday destination!
Nope, the it would just drive people mad over time

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
I always found it more interesting. The punishments are more severe and more tailored to the person rising through the levels, plus it also offers atonement. You can actually be released and reincarnated if you atone for all your sins.

really? it doesn't really scare me
tongue.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm already there! *twitch*

basher11 said:
QUOTE(TrolleyDave @ May 24 2010, 07:40 PM) I always found it more interesting. The punishments are more severe and more tailored to the person rising through the levels, plus it also offers atonement. You can actually be released and reincarnated if you atone for all your sins.

really? it doesn't really scare me
tongue.gif

Doesn't really scare me either, I just think it's more interesting than the Judaic versions of hell!
smile.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I just read through this from the beginning, and why the hell does every topic relating to religion turn into a debate full of flaming Atheists vs. flaming Theists...It's idiotic and goes against peoples' own opinions. How can you say you respect other peoples' opinions when you sit there and bash their religious beliefs for no reason?

I'm not saying everyone who says their Atheist (Or Theist, but it seems that when someone says something positive, an Atheist says something negative) is flaming by saying they are, but the ones who blatantly and obviously throw insults and aggressive words towards others are.

On Topic: I'm a Christian, but I rarely go to church. I go on important religious holidays and stuff like that, but I haven't gone since I was either 11 or 12.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:

I'm already there! *twitch*
As am I, which is why I know it would be a no more perfect hell than that.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TrolleyDave said:
He did create beings with free will, but the fact that they sinned instead of choosing to be good on a constant basis shows that Adam and Eve were less than perfect creations. The fact that he then also chose to cast them aside and expel them from the Garden of Eden shows that he was also less than all-forgiving.

As for God not having to exercise the ability to know the future, that sounds like a bit of a copout to me PK mate. Isn't it said that when God created Man and the Universe that he knew everything that would happen from beginning to end. Isn't Revelations supposed to be a prophecy sent by God?
Even among perfect creatures, the possiblity of choosing to make the wrong decision is still present. The reason they sinned was because Satan planted the desire the be like God in Eve's mind, and rather than dismissing it immediately as she should've done, she allowed the desire to remain and eventually it caused her to sin. The warning regarding the tree was clear, and Eve knew that she was not to touch it, and yet she let the desire influence her. Satan was lying when he said that they would be like God, and Eve fell for it.

And don't forget, Satan was also a perfect angel when he started out, but he became overly ambitious, and wanted to be worshipped himself, rather than being a subject of God, which was out of place for him. He also let his desire grow until he sinned, rather than dismissing it as he should've done.

And about knowledge of the future: After Adam and Eve sinned, God devised the way to restore everything to normality, and immediately, he knew how he would go about doing it. The reason he didn't just eliminate Adam and Eve and Satan and start again was to show definitively to all creation that His way of rule was the perfect way, and that the consequences of defecting (as Adam and Eve did) would ultimately fail. Look at the governments around now. Would you agree that they are causing more trouble than they solve?

QUOTE(RockmanForte @ May 24 2010, 11:56 PM) Actually, it [the Trinity] is a false teaching.
This.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
giratina16 said:
I wonder how religion even came to be. It must have popped up somewhere.
I find it interesting that no matter where human cultures have grown from frozen wastes to scorching deserts, they always seem to invent some kind of religion. It seems to be a built-in flaw.

Don't know the real answer? Fuck it, invent one and persecute anyone who disagrees.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:
giratina16 said:
I wonder how religion even came to be. It must have popped up somewhere.
I find it interesting that no matter where human cultures have grown from frozen wastes to scorching deserts, they always seem to invent some kind of religion. It seems to be a built-in flaw.

Don't know the real answer? Fuck it, invent one and persecute anyone who disagrees.
I like the way you called it a flaw lol. I think I should actually make a religion.

Njrg

Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Whats a tougher question is what and when was the beginning of everything?

If the universe was created billions of years ago, then what created the universe, and what created the forces that created the universe, and what created those forces that created the forces that created he universe... ect... ect...

It seems everything is infinite, but there has to be a beginning to something, and then there seems to have to be a beginning to the beginning.

The universe is just one giant, infinite mindfuck. Why would you need religion to complicate that?

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ConJ said:
RockmanForte said:
See? I am right. It has no beginning and it has no end. These pages are going take forever.
Religion is an argument with no end. Because NOBODY actually knows what's gonna happen.
Oh, I do. My heart will stop beating, I will stop breathing, and therefore will be dead. My "soul" won't magically ascend into the sky, I won't "go to a better place", I'll just be dead. Religion was invented because you people can't accept this and think that there must be a "meaning to life". There isn't. The only "meaning" we have is to reproduce and continue the life of our species. We, and all other animals, have evolved specifically for that one purpose; to live in the most efficient way possible in our surrounding environment so that our species has the best chance of survival.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Njrg said:
Whats a tougher question is what and when was the beginning of everything?

If the universe was created billions of years ago, then what created the universe, and what created the forces that created the universe, and what created those forces that created the forces that created he universe... ect... ect...

It seems everything is infinite, but there has to be a beginning to something, and then there seems to have to be a beginning to the beginning.

The universe is just one giant, infinite mindfuck. Why would you need religion to complicate that?
Religion was invented precisely because of unknowns such as these, indeed they are one of the only things keeping religion viable for so many people. The human mind seeks understanding of the world/universe around it but unfortunately many people are lazy enough to accept "God did it - end of conversation" as an answer for most things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto