The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Still not really worshiping them nor putting them before God him/herself...so I fail to see the problem.

Idolatry is a little different than that. It doesn't have to be a worship system, it's just idolising anything that isn't God. If you want to get literal about it both Christians and Muslims commit idolatry on a daily basis. Christians aspire to more like Christ and Muslims aspire to be like Mohammed (the more devout ones anyway) instead of aspiring to simply follow the word of God. Both are committing idolatry in the way it's described in the Bible. It's not just the worshiping, it's the placing of something other than God on a pedestal.
Well that clears that up a bit more
unsure.gif

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same for Mary is the mother of God ? Absolutely not!

Bible: "You are to conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you must name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High..... And so the child will be holy and will be called Son of God" Luke 1:31-35, The New Jerusalem Bible. That passage of Scripture clearly states that Mary was the mother of the "son of God," Not of god himself.

Fact: Mary was the mother of Son of God, not of God himself. The Trinity myth gave birth to the worship of Mary as the Mother of God.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Seriously, All religion is, is mankind's cure for their fear of the unknown. They have no idea what happens when you die, so they make up some bearded magician in the sky that magically poofed us into existence, and will magically poof us in a awesome paradise, which also, no one knows about.

Edit: Hey I didnt know you trashed it, but great moderation, Boss Hogg. I was just trying to fix the youtube tags.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
Fact: Mary was the mother of Son of God, not of God himself. The Trinity myth gave birth to the worship of Mary as the Mother of God.

So here you are, rubbishing the beliefs of of millions of Christians, declaring as fact that what they believe in is wrong... Isn't that exactly what atheists keep getting accused of in this thread?
unsure.gif

Catholics find just as much 'proof' in the bible for their beliefs as you find for yours. They do not see Jesus being the Son of God as being something whih precludes him from also being God. After all, when you believe in a being that is basically magic then anything s possible.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
Still not really worshiping them nor putting them before God him/herself...so I fail to see the problem.

Idolatry is a little different than that. It doesn't have to be a worship system, it's just idolising anything that isn't God. If you want to get literal about it both Christians and Muslims commit idolatry on a daily basis. Christians aspire to more like Christ and Muslims aspire to be like Mohammed (the more devout ones anyway) instead of aspiring to simply follow the word of God. Both are committing idolatry in the way it's described in the Bible. It's not just the worshiping, it's the placing of something other than God on a pedestal.
unsure.gif

lol Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. Simply idolising something other than God is considered a sin. So when a Christian does his best to be like Christ he is putting Christ on a pedestal that is supposed to be reserved only for God. Same with Muslims who do their best to imitate Mohammed. They aren't following God, they're mimicking a person. According the religious dogma people are supposed to be praising God and his all-mightiness and following the commandments and philosophies that he sent down. They're also supposed to be doing out of free will rather than out of the need to be like another human being. Does that make more sense?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
TrolleyDave said:

unsure.gif

lol Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. Simply idolising something other than God is considered a sin. So when a Christian does his best to be like Christ he is putting Christ on a pedestal that is supposed to be reserved only for God. Same with Muslims who do there best to imitate Mohammed. The aren't following God, they're mimicking a person. According the religious dogma people are supposed to be praising God and his all-mightiness and following the commandments and philosophies that he sent down. There also supposed to be doing out of free will rather than out of the need to be like another human being. Does that make more sense?
That does make more sense.
Although I still fail to see anyone really doing that with a video game God, unless they count the character in the game doing that as a problem.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Although I still fail to see anyone really doing that with a video game God, unless they count the character in the game doing that as a problem.

No I agree with you there. The game characters themselves get idolised rather than Gods in the games. Hell, the consoles get idolised alot more than the Gods in the games.
wink.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:

No I agree with you there. The game characters themselves get idolised rather than Gods in the games. Hell, the consoles get idolised alot more than the Gods in the games.
wink.gif
So gamers souls are safe?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:

wink.gif

Depends on how much of a fanboy you are. lol

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
TrolleyDave said:

wink.gif

Depends on how much of a fanboy you are. lol
Hmmm, that's another one to add to the list of reasons why I am going to Hell. Sveet! Maybe Mike and me will finally be able to take it over!
evil.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, that's another one to add to the list of reasons why I am going to Hell. Sveet! Maybe Mike and me will finally be able to take it over!
evil.gif

It'll be in my hands then as I'll probably die before you, and several priests and even a Sunday School teacher told me I was going to Hell. And what's the point of being in Hell if you're not in charge of the festivities.
evil.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
evil.gif

It'll be in my hands then as I'll probably die before you, and several priests and even a Sunday School teacher told me I was going to Hell. And what's the point of being in Hell if you're not in charge of the festivities.
evil.gif
We three can rule hell with an iron fist
evil.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, this is my final warning. If it doesn't stay civil then the thread doesn't stay open. Argue against the existence or non-existence of God all you want, but do it intelligently and with a little bit of politeness.

TrolleyDave said:
evil.gif

evil.gif
evil.gif

Sorted! Although the Christian/Muslim version of Hell is kind of stale and boring, I'm hoping to make it more like the Chinese version of Hell, add a bit of variety!

Monkee3000

Trophies
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
evil.gif

evil.gif
May I take this opertunity to throw my hat into the Ring.
evil.gif
So, the race is on!
OK, Gents let us agree. The first one to achieve power in the Underworld buys the first round.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TrolleyDave said:
Right, this is my final warning. If it doesn't stay civil then the thread doesn't stay open. Argue against the existence or non-existence of God all you want, but do it intelligently and with a little bit of politeness.

TrolleyDave said:
evil.gif

evil.gif
evil.gif

Sorted! Although the Christian/Muslim version of Hell is kind of stale and boring, I'm hoping to make it more like the Chinese version of Hell, add a bit of variety!
I am adding an overly peaceful side then!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then I gotta send it back and wait another week or two. I have a pickup truck, with a extended cab, so no prob for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They building a new Microcenter store near by me, is kinda scary. That's my favorite place, I'm like a kid in a candy store there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what's a microcenter?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool I'll make you ship me stuff
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter sells high quality microwaves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Computer store basically, but they sell everything, like game systems, tvs , 3d printers, etc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've seen i9/mobo deals for like 400
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea been itching to build a new pc, mine is like 3-4 years old, ancient in pc tech time. Still using a sata SSD even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's still high tech to ancientboi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda cool, I can buy a second Xbox for guests, and download all my purchased digital games to it, and play on both xboxs same time. Didn't know they allowed that. 2 xboxs per Xbox account.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2: A toaster is "High Tech" to me
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No we told you to stop taking baths with them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is crazy to think, you used to be able to build a decent PC for $300-400. Those days are way gone.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $600 gets you a decent one
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, too expensive
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums expensive
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Uremums cheap, she even takes coupons still. She put a dollar on her head, and said "all you can eat, under a dollar."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta save a dollar where you can get a dollar
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I want a PC
    Better than what I currently have
    But it's so expensive.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, what about a laptop?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Don t we all! Bet if you visited Juan, he would buy you one.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Don t we all! Bet if you visited Juan, he would buy you one. +1