Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
BlueStar said:
Fabis94 said:
In stead of saying "I think/my opinion is that, every religion is wrong" they go off as if they are gods themselves and know everything.

At least science only goes off what is known at the moment and admits the unknowables, changing views when new evidence comes to light, rather than declaring that xxx book is the absolute, unarguable devine truth no matter what new discoveries are made.

I agree with the part about the absolute views of some religions about their "sacred" books or whatever, that and the fact i've met many too close minded extremist thinking religious people made me just quit messing with religions, but not with what i believe into, or the reasons i consider why god is real, leaving aside ancient books and preacher's words...

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Fabis94 said:
Lumnous said:
i dont see the point, every religion is wrong. not trying to be offensive by means if it sounds it, im sorry its purely accidental.

Jesus is wrong, he wouldnt have come back to life and just appear out of the cave. he would have had to dig his way out. Also, jesus is the son of Jack (Joke because jesus was supposed to be born by a virgin but you cant make babies without sperm)

Stop saying it as if it is a fact. You have no proof there.
This is what i hate pretty much about every atheist. In stead of saying "I think/my opinion is that, every religion is wrong" they go off as if they are gods themselves and know everything.

How about you respect other peoples opinions in stead of being stuck up douche bags?

EDIT: Also he is the son of a god he can pretty much do anything with the help of god.
and also what proof do you have that with the help of god anything is possible?

One time I had terrible constipation, I prayed to God that my bowels would just evacuate already, and they did; Within moments of me praying.

Irrefutable proof that God exists and that anything is possible with his help.

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanas said:
Fabis94 said:
Lumnous said:
i dont see the point, every religion is wrong. not trying to be offensive by means if it sounds it, im sorry its purely accidental.

Jesus is wrong, he wouldnt have come back to life and just appear out of the cave. he would have had to dig his way out. Also, jesus is the son of Jack (Joke because jesus was supposed to be born by a virgin but you cant make babies without sperm)

This is what i hate pretty much about every atheist. In stead of saying "I think/my opinion is that, every religion is wrong" they go off as if they are gods themselves and know everything.

How about you respect other peoples opinions in stead of being stuck up douche bags?

EDIT: Also he is the son of a god he can pretty much do anything with the help of god.
And what proof do you have that Jesus is the son of god? and also what proof do you have that with the help of god anything is possible?

I said that according to what Christians believe in because what Lumnous said was incorrect.
I didn't say anything like "OMGZ0RZ YOU R ALL WRONG" even if i think that.

And by the way if you all think that Christians deny all science just by saying "No you're wrong" then you are wrong.
In fact i follow the latest discoveries and don't deny them.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Fabis94 said:
Tanas said:
Fabis94 said:
Lumnous said:

And what proof do you have that Jesus is the son of god? and also what proof do you have that with the help of god anything is possible?

I said that according to what Christians believe in because what Lumnous said was incorrect.
I didn't say anything like "OMGZ0RZ YOU R ALL WRONG" even if i think that.

And by the way if you all think that Christians deny all science just by saying "No you're wrong" then you are wrong.
In fact i follow the latest discoveries and don't deny them.
...i didnt mean to start a war or anything i mean im not an athiest and im not religious, its just my opinion. its ok for others to have theres.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Fabis94 said:
In stead of saying "I think/my opinion is that, every religion is wrong" they go off as if they are gods themselves and know everything.

At least science only goes off what is known at the moment and admits the unknowables, changing views when new evidence comes to light, rather than declaring that xxx book is the absolute, unarguable devine truth no matter what new discoveries are made.
Actually, often new discoveries are found, and it turns out that they were mentioned in the Bible all along.
tongue.gif

Yeah, I was absolutely amazed when we discovered snakes could talk all along!

Wait, that was the Jungle Book.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Fabis94 said:

Actually, often new discoveries are found, and it turns out that they were mentioned in the Bible all along.
tongue.gif

You forgot to mention the talking Donkey.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
Tanas said:
BlueStar said:
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Fabis94 said:

tongue.gif

You forgot to mention the talking Donkey.
that ones shrek
biggrin.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Fabis94 said:

tongue.gif

That begs the question - Can you actually read? Like see the differences between one book and another?
If so, you wouldn't post about the Jungle Book in a topic that is about something else.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing that is annoying is that being a scientist you have to take religion into consideration, you have to be able to deal with the hatred you're gonna get from religious people (especially Christians). I don't have anything against them they just have the most to say. It's funny the church tried to disprove gravity. Personally if I were to prove that god wasn't real and all religions were wrong I don't think I would publish it. Then again I might considering how many people religion has killed, the Christians killed the Pagans, Muslims have killed people of I don't know what religion (I'm not saying Muslims are bad so shut your face bitch).

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
giratina16 said:
One thing that is annoying is that being a scientist you have to take religion into consideration, you have to be able to deal with the hatred you're gonna get from religious people (especially Christians). I don't have anything against them they just have the most to say. It's funny the church tried to disprove gravity. Personally if I were to prove that god wasn't real and all religions were wrong I don't think I would publish it. Then again I might considering how many people religion has killed, the Christians killed the Pagans, Muslims have killed people of I don't know what religion (I'm not saying Muslims are bad so shut your face bitch).

Did you read what i just said? Christians don't shun the Science. At least the 70% of them.
Remember that God is a supernatural being so all science (according to religion) was made by him anyways.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Fabis94 said:
BlueStar said:
ProtoKun7 said:
BlueStar said:
Fabis94 said:

tongue.gif

That begs the question - Can you actually read? Like see the differences between one book and another?
If so, you wouldn't post about the Jungle Book in a topic that is about something else.

If you take everything completely literally it explains a lot about how you can accept the bible as fact.

EDIT: Although seeing as hardly any Christians can be bothered to learn the language the bible was written in, you're choosing what to believe in as soon as you pick a translation - just one of many ways that they mould the bible around their beliefs, rather than vice-versa.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dangy said:
inb4religiondebate
Too late
tongue.gif

QUOTE(BlueStar @ May 24 2010, 10:12 PM) If you take everything completely literally it explains a lot about how you can accept the bible as fact.

EDIT: Although seeing as hardly any Christians can be bothered to learn the language the bible was written in, you're choosing what to believe in as soon as you pick a translation - just one of many ways that they mould the bible around their beliefs, rather than vice-versa.
True. In fact, Catholics have taken to removing some words in a feeble attempt to strengthen their tenuous position.

Lumnous

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
If you take everything completely literally it explains a lot about how you can accept the bible as fact.

the bible even says jesus had his own prostitute so i dont know why its in there rules and things.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fabis94 said:
giratina16 said:

Did you read what i just said? Christians don't shun the Science. At least the 70% of them.
Remember that God is a supernatural being so all science (according to religion) was made by him anyways.
No I actually couldn't be bothered. I don't know where you get your figures from but scientist are shunned everyday because of new discoveries, just look at the artificial life they've recently created. They were moaned at for "playing god".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo