Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
spring-enterprises.neocities.org
XP
Country
Denmark
Honestly, I can relate. One day, may or may not, I could try to get my life back on track. Hopefully, once my funds come in, then my mum would have £400+ to pay the rent (and hopefully not on cigarettes).
I guess you're still pretty young, at least, so maybe you'll find the time for it.

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's not an uncommon story or one that will doom you to failure forever, unless you look at it in the eyes of the mainstream and corporate crap media, where everyone who is not rich and popular instantly is a failure forever. It's a constant battle to resist their toxic narratives. At this moment I feel like I am losing.
You're not wrong. The media mainly consists of propaganda to brainwash a community and drive a crowd crazy. You see people who are rich on places like YouTube, when in fact they struggle a lot with their own wellbeings.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's stopping you from moving to a forgotten lake/beach, and live in a hut and hunt/fish for food for the rest of your life?

If you think about it, all we have to do is eat, sleep, shit and fuck.
This comes off as someone who has no real goals in their life. Almost living just because they can with no real end goal. I feel those goals are very much something you just have to experiment and discover over time.
Post automatically merged:

You're not wrong. The media mainly consists of propaganda to brainwash a community and drive a crowd crazy. You see people who are rich on places like YouTube, when in fact they struggle a lot with paying their rent.
Modern day news is designed to make you angry because it keeps you coming back.

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Denmark
You're not wrong. The media mainly consists of propaganda to brainwash a community and drive a crowd crazy. You see people who are rich on places like YouTube, when in fact they struggle a lot with their own wellbeings.
It's absolutely maddening. But for some reason some people can just ignore it like its not even there. Those are very lucky, or maybe its a learned skill. Anyway, its admireable and enviable.

This comes off as someone who has no real goals in their life. Almost living just because they can with no real end goal. I feel those goals are very much something you just have to experiment and discover over time.

Modern day news is designed to make you angry because it keeps you coming back.
Not just angry, also scared, inferior, worthless, hopeless and absolutely any trick they can think of to make you keep consuming.

Josh4u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm disappointed in life because there is a constant need to be connected. We feel naked without our phones, as if the ability to connect with the world or our own slice of it is inseparable from our selves- and frankly I cannot justify going without one, against any practices the manufacturer or applications on it may do. It's a tough thought that the next attempt at a kingdom may come in trying to unify phones or devices under a single passthrough, should judgement be it's key in; However I suppose the thought that whatever I say may exist to be one day viewed by many is a sharp, silver lining.

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Denmark
I'm disappointed in life because there is a constant need to be connected. We feel naked without our phones, as if the ability to connect with the world or our own slice of it is inseparable from our selves- and frankly I cannot justify going without one, against any practices the manufacturer or applications on it may do. It's a tough thought that the next attempt at a kingdom may come in trying to unify phones or devices under a single passthrough, should judgement be it's key in; However I suppose the thought that whatever I say may exist to be one day viewed by many is a sharp, silver lining.
Why can't you justify that?

There are still many people living on earth today with no phones, btw.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have to be stuck on your phone all the time to get a sense of believing this is reality. Everything online is fake, there are toxic people out there who will try to hurt your feelings too.

Reactions: Spring_Spring

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Denmark
You don't have to be stuck on your phone all the time to get a sense of believing this is reality. Everything online is fake, there are toxic people out there who will try to hurt your feelings too.
You can always just leave your phone at a room in your house just like in the 90's or whatever when it was connected to the wall. It will still work for that.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can always just leave your phone at a room in your house just like in the 90's or whatever when it was connected to the wall. It will still work for that.
I feel like our entire generation are stuck on our phones watching TikToks without any social interaction whatsoever. People often feel the need to block each other every now and then after trying to get a reaction from the other person, not even letting them speak making them feel super angry and negative about themselves.

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I feel like our entire generation are stuck on our phones watching TikToks without any social interaction whatsoever. People often feel the need to block each other every now and then after trying to get a reaction from the other person, not even letting them speak making them feel super angry and negative about themselves.
i prefer youtube

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Denmark

Funnily TikTok is like a freakshow of just what people are willing to do to get attention these days.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Funnily TikTok is like a freakshow of just what people are willing to do to get attention these days.
Anything more than attention, but committing actual federal crimes.

Josh4u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you justify that?

There are still many people living on earth today with no phones, btw.
You're right, but I believe it's a falling population. Each generation that follows seems very likely to pick up a phone compared to the present, as long as economical factors are favorable.

I'd like to think phones are kind of like a modern teakettle; You can live without one perfectly fine, whatever complications or benefits they provide, but once they're introduced it will be near impossible to walk back.

Spring_Spring

Not Exactly Spotless
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Denmark
You're right, but I believe it's a falling population. Each generation that follows seems very likely to pick up a phone compared to the present, as long as economical factors are favorable.

I'd like to think phones are kind of like a modern teakettle; You can live without one perfectly fine, whatever complications or benefits they provide, but once they're introduced it will be near impossible to walk back.
That still doesn't mean you have to use it all the time. You could look at it just a couple of times a day and just leave it for the rest of the day. Don't bring it with you everywhere. I think that is completely viable, I've never had a message or anything which was so urgent than checking them more than once or twice a day was sufficient.

Josh4u

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This part reaches out rather strongly; I can't speak to everything online being fake but there's certainly a free fire zone to be harmed when your attacker can conduct themselves through your screen.

That still doesn't mean you have to use it all the time. You could look at it just a couple of times a day and just leave it for the rest of the day. Don't bring it with you everywhere. I think that is completely viable, I've never had a message or anything which was so urgent than checking them more than once or twice a day was sufficient.
That's true, and it's how my dad would use his phone. Perhaps it's not so much the constant checking, but the need to have it on one's person like a wallet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol