Do you play ROM hacks?

Deleted member 681657

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Personally I have an inclination towards playing the original unmodified game unless it's a translation patch. Lately though I've been playing through Fire Emblem: The Last Promise and it's great.

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I have an inclination towards playing the original unmodified game unless it's a translation patch. Lately though I've been playing through Fire Emblem: The Last Promise and it's great.

I play ROM hacks, but mostly ones that improve the original game rather than replacing levels.

For instance:
colourising Metroid II
changing the controls in Super Metroid to be more like the GBA games
improving the sorting of inventory items in Tears of the Kingdom
adding rumble to Wario Land 4
removing auto-lockon in Pikmin 4 and replacing your dog with a breadbug.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Very rarely. There are a lot of good ones I want to check out (Ocarina of Time for example has so many good romhacks that are entirely new games, albeit shorter) but that's also the problem, there are too many and my game backlog is already long.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I contributed to the Link's Awakening Redux ROM hack, fixing grammatical errors, spacing issues, word wrap bugs, and improper punctuation in the dialogue boxes. (I played through the entire game in two sittings, just to fix them all.) I also made an optional titlescreen patch, which is included. It just resizes the "Link's Awakening" text to fit "Link's Awakening Redux".

It's my favorite game in the world, and wanted to add some polish to the incredible ROM hack by @ShadowOne333 .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway