Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
You sound so eloquent. A real intellectual. lol you deserve the life you have.
I haven't told you about my life so I'm glad you know about it. But thanks, I do deserve the happy life I have. I worked rather hard for it. Maybe some day you'll know what that's like so you can stop projecting and assuming things about others.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You sound so eloquent. A real intellectual. lol you deserve the life you have.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sell you snake oil? its' a free online video. What they ARE selling you is dangerous prescription drugs. but hey it's ur life to waste.

You can lead a donkey to the water but you can't make him drink.

The irony here is that some of you here commenting on mental wellbeing admit to being crazy yourself. ie. the guy who calls himself total insanity and crystal the glaceon's location
Crystal the GlaceonThe Legend will always live on
Sep 12, 2009
Between insane and insecure

The man is a business man trying to sell you on a "self help" book based on no medical research. You are sharing a free form of video advertising for his books. You are sharing the works of a conman with no medical training, who is trying to sell you a book.
Second I am actually a girl as well my location is from the lyrics of Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day.
Dearly beloved are you listening?
I can't remember a word that you were saying
Are we demented or am I disturbed?
The space that's in between insane and insecure

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The man is a business man trying to sell you on a "self help" book based on no medical research. You are sharing a free form of video advertising for his books. You are sharing the works of a conman with no medical training, who is trying to sell you a book.
Second I am actually a girl as well my location is from the lyrics of Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day.
Like what I've been telling him, His Self Help is based on pseudo science crap non sense.

D

Deleted User

OP
I've never taken anti-depressants, but I have been taking CBD oil with very low amounts of THC (specifically CanniMed 1:20) for only a few days now and, while it hasn't made me feel totally amazing and like I was never depressed, it has helped.

Reactions: The Catboy and Joom

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never taken anti-depressants, but I have been taking CBD oil with very low amounts of THC (specifically CanniMed 1:20) for only a few days now and, while it hasn't made me feel totally amazing and like I was never depressed, it has helped.
I'm glad somebody else here stands by the use of cannabinoids. If I weren't in legal trouble that'd be my preferred substance. The benefits that cannabis has to offer go way beyond just anxiety and depression as well. Research is starting to highly suggest that cannabis may be the cure for cancer. Oil extracts already kill skin cancer, and the federal research institute in the US acknowledged earlier this year that cannabinoids kill cancer cells.

https://www.leafly.com/news/science...r-institute-quietly-acknowledges-that-cannabi

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not and advertisement the video is an actual audio book.

Why don't you try listening to it? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. My favorite part is part 4.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Expect he is trying to sell you his books, that's his job. He's selling you on books that have no backing from the medical field and no creditable sources from actual doctors. He's conman tricking people.
Why don't you try listening to it? You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. My favorite part is part 4.
I've already read some of work and that's how I know it's snake oil. He's telling you what you want to hear so he can sell you his books. He's exploiting people who clearly have no idea what depression is and have never actually dealt with depression. He's exploiting you because you have no idea what you are talking about.

Reactions: Deleted User

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Expect he is trying to sell you his books, that's his job. He's selling you on books that have no backing from the medical field and no creditable sources from actual doctors. He's conman tricking people.

I've already read some of work and that's how I know it's snake oil. He's telling you what you want to hear so he can sell you his books. He's exploiting people who clearly have no idea what depression is and have never actually dealt with depression. He's exploiting you because you have no idea what you are talking about.
I put into practice what I've learned from tony and i have no need for drugs legal or otherwise. So i would say i know exactly what I'm talking about. But if you're happy being hooked on pills that's your choice.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put into practice what I've learned from tony and i have no need for drugs legal or otherwise. So i would say i know exactly what I'm talking about. But if you're happy being hooked on pills that's your choice.
May I ask who pointed you his direction, and why? (What event in your life)

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask who pointed you his direction, and why? (What event in your life)
Ultimately i would say God. Like a conversation with a good friend brought up the subject of audiobooks and a few weeks later i was at the mall and stepped into a book store and decided to buy the audio book i linked "lessons in mastery". Changed my life completely. I became a master of my thoughts and emotions. I apologize if i offended anybody here but im really just sharing what i think could help people like it did to me.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't told you about my life so I'm glad you know about it. But thanks, I do deserve the happy life I have. I worked rather hard for it. Maybe some day you'll know what that's like so you can stop projecting and assuming things about others.
I judged by the profanity in your writing but this is much better.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ultimately i would say God. Like a conversation with a good friend brought up the subject of audiobooks and a few weeks later i was at the mall and stepped into a book store and decided to buy the audio book i linked "lessons in mastery". Changed my life completely. I became a master of my thoughts and emotions. I apologize if i offended anybody here but im really just sharing what i think could help people like it did to me.
So basically you paid to be told what you wanted to hear. The only thing offensive is your ignorance

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I hate to say it, and nothing personal, but I've found as a loose Christian growing up in a Christian household that "because God" is really bad reasoning for doing anything related to emotions. It's just too easy to miss the fine line between finding divine inspiration and personal, selfish motivation. On top of that, it's not an issue of your viewpoint being offensive; do whatever you want, I honestly don't care. I do, however, find it problematic that you're trying to pass off your viewpoint that's based on a series of self-help books you bought as absolute fact. And it's not exactly like we're taking these blindly, we know the potential side-effects, and doctors only prescribe medications that go through rigerous FDA testing

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically you paid to be told what you wanted to hear. The only thing offensive is your ignorance
Please explain how being told what you want to hear do anything? Some of the most beautiful people on earth are also some of the most insecure even though people are constantly praising them. What exactly do people want to hear by the way?

Ok I hate to say it, and nothing personal, but I've found as a loose Christian growing up in a Christian household that "because God" is really bad reasoning for doing anything related to emotions. It's just too easy to miss the fine line between finding divine inspiration and personal, selfish motivation. On top of that, it's not an issue of your viewpoint being offensive; do whatever you want, I honestly don't care. I do, however, find it problematic that you're trying to pass off your viewpoint that's based on a series of self-help books you bought as absolute fact. And it's not exactly like we're taking these blindly, we know the potential side-effects, and doctors only prescribe medications that go through rigerous FDA testing
Maybe you should go back and read the tiny print with the side effects. I really wish you the best. Do give the free audio book a try. Take care as im getting off this thread.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Please explain how being told what you want to hear do anything? Some of the most beautiful people on earth are also some of the most insecure even though people are constantly praising them. What exactly do people want to hear by the way?
"Self help" books are mostly based upon the logic of giving you what you want to hear. They aren't based on any actual medical research, they are based on marketing strategies that make you think you are helping yourself. The reality is, it's all the same crap made to sell books to people who clearly don't have actual depression. His book is about as legit to the medical world as "Wish it. Want it. Do it." from Brian H. Griffin.
There's a good reason why these books haven't replaced real doctors and it's not because some crazy ass "Big Phrama" bullshit, it's because these books are only made to exploit money out of naïve people.
You aren't helping people, you are attacking an actual medical condition and using snake oil as a "cure."

Last edited by The Catboy,

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been on Zoloft since I was 8 or so. So, over 2 decades. My brain has a chemical imbalance where too much serotonin is taken back by the neurons, so the Zoloft helps block the neurons from taking so much back after release therefore leaving more available to build up to correctly send messages. This chemical imbalance was also responsible for severe anxiety and especially social anxiety, phobias like being deathly afraid of bugs and insects, and some OCD. I always wondered if I still needed the Zoloft. Did I really need the medication? Was it doing anything? Maybe I grew out of whatever I had and don't need it anymore? It's not like I was a super happy person, I still felt depressed about things.

I finally decided after I finished college to try and with my doctor's approval, slowly began decreasing the amount until I was no longer taking it. For a few months, everything seemed fine. But I had been on it for so long, it took awhile to wear off. Looking back now, I see that it was a slow descent into a deep depression, but at the time, each day was so small of a change that I couldn't tell a difference until one day I realized how much worse I was then when I was on the medicine. I would get up, go to work, come home, and then go back to bed until it was time to go to work the next day. I would have emotional outbursts from the absolute tiniest stupidest things or sometimes because who knows, my brain just said it was time to feel like garbage.

I got back in to see my doctor and started back on my medicine and slowly ramping back up to my original dosage level. Just as it was a slow descent into the deep depression, it took just as long for the medicine to kick back in and come back to my "normal". All together, it was about a year from ramping down to getting back to where I was. I now know that yeah, I need to take this medicine for the rest of my life.

This is meant to be a story of a case where antidepressants can work. I know a lot of people have horror stories about antidepressants, but they do work for some people. Not everyone is the same though. Antidepressants may not be for you. It may be therapy or something else. It is something you need to discuss with a doctor you trust, not just any doctor who will write any prescription that someone asks for.

Last edited by jumpman17,

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been on and off them for 15 years (mostly on) tried various different pills and doses and while some of them seem to help at first depending on how much your depression has a grip on you they eventually just stop working... your body seems to build an immunity to them.

I got onto a really high dose and I was still wasting each weekend asleep seemingly having no energy or drive to do anything other than the bare minimum, waking up for work each day was the only thing keeping me going (which in itself is kind of depressing).

I realised that all these years of being medicated hadn't solved my problem and I thought 'I should just stop them because I can't possibly feel any lower' and I was right I quit them a year and a half ago and although I still get what I call my 'dark days' I am also able to appreciate the good days for more than just a passing moment.

Long story short they can help but it seems like a short term solution to what can be a very long term problem, they help numb the bad feeling but also make you numb to the good feelings.
In my experience they were not worth it and I found keeping my mind active with various projects and spending time with the right people a good step in the right direction to make my mind a happier place.

Depression is horrible and I wouldn't wish it on anybody and I hope anybody going through it can manage to pull through it and be in a better place.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People without mental illness assuming they understand how it works and that you can simply think it away absolutely infuriates me. Don't you think i would much rather live a life without pills. It's not that I don't want to, it's that I can't, or at least not without having bipolar and adhd return full swing. We've tried pure therapy and "thinking it away", but sorry that doesn't fix chemical imbalances. And yes thoughts are chemicals, but you physically can't correct the imbalance purely by thinking, that just biologically not how it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7