Hacking Does anyone know if there Is anyone out there that's just looking into hacking this console?

Denis1995

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the xbox one has a dev mode, which is what most top tier hackers care about. they don't want piracy or anything like that, so that's probably kept people from looking.
Such a shame really, there are couple of exclusives that are on the xbox one ONLY, not even on pc, so i was kinda hoping for an xbox one emulator after it will be hacked.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Such a shame really, there are couple of exclusives that are on the xbox one ONLY, not even on pc, so i was kinda hoping for an xbox one emulator after it will be hacked.

yeah, I'd like to play sunset overdrive and killer instinct. I've thought about getting a series s, not x, but s. I don't really know though.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the xbox one has a dev mode, which is what most top tier hackers care about. they don't want piracy or anything like that, so that's probably kept people from looking.
That was probably a smart move by Microsoft honestly. By handing the dev mode over to anyone and everyone that wanted it, it likely killed a lot of piracy from ever even happening. Of course dev mode is by no means a perfect solution to the problem as it has seen plenty of emulators. But Microsoft probably has little overall concern for them, since the systems being emulated were not their own (unless we count MSX, but I don't think an MSX emulator is hurting any sales in the modern day, since such games aren't commercially available anywhere).

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they did originally care from what I understand as they took down snes emulators, but then they stopped caring for some reason. I'm planning to go legit, and I'd like to get a ps5 and xbox series s or x at some point. mostly the latter for its awesome bc support.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think the ps5 would've destroyed the switch (it's biggest competitor really) if they had offered bc for all playstation consoles.

D

Deleted User

I paid around $970 tax and all for my laptop, and it plays everything so far. I wish it was at least a 2000 series Nvidia though but it's 1650 which will probably play anything for awhile. I know it's capable of playing Resident Evil Village when it comes out. Here is the exact one I bought with the 16 GB of Ram 256 GB of SSD (yes kinda small) and 1 TB regular hdd https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089YJX6MY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I sold my 3DS and Xbox One to make up about $300 of the cost. I just use Citra for 3DS games and Xbox one games are on PC.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

You're getting a $1400 stimulus check like the rest of us.

I'm just kidding, I know buying a gaming PC might not be your priority.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on disability, so I can't afford something like that.

If you've got a decent enough internet connection, you could consider streaming GamePass on your PC or smartdevice via the Xcloud. Then the specs of your computer really wont matter much at all.

Of course, I know cloud gaming is a far cry away from natively playing, but it is still an option you could consider all the same.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
they did originally care from what I understand as they took down snes emulators, but then they stopped caring for some reason. I'm planning to go legit, and I'd like to get a ps5 and xbox series s or x at some point. mostly the latter for its awesome bc support.

I think the ps5 would've destroyed the switch (it's biggest competitor really) if they had offered bc for all playstation consoles.

They probably stopped caring because it wasn’t worth it, if a hack comes along which affects ‘current’ games/Game OS we’ll probably see more of a reaction.

I doubt the PS5 would ‘destroy’ the Switch with BC, the Switch still has it’s portable aspect and whether you like them or not the exclusives do sell.

If Sony came out with a new phone/console similar to the Xperia Play and the Vita, then they might have a chance on some level.

D

Deleted User

I won't be. my parents have me as a dependent and I'm above 18. no check for me. I get around $529/month.

Hrmm you are getting $1400, even children are. Now if you're parents are going to get the money and spend the money that's between you and your parents. But every single person making under $80,000 a year gets one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get the past checks either. it's because I'm an adult living with my parents. that's what my mom found out.

I'm also on food stamps, snap, and that did increase about $30 'til June.

D

Deleted User

It's none of my business, but it sounds like your parents are ripping you off.

Adult dependents
The $1,400 payments will also go to eligible dependents. This time, that includes those ages 17 and up.

The money will be sent to those adults who claimed the dependents.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/12/1400-stimulus-checks-are-on-the-way-heres-who-qualifies.html

So it's a fact your parents are going to get $1400 for you. Now if you're letting them keep it that's between you and them. It does say this time so it sounds like dependents over 17 did not get it before but do this time.

Last edited by ,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's none of my business, but it sounds like your parents are ripping you off.

As a dependent they wouldn't really be ripping him off at all, they have no obligation to give that money to the dependent, just as a dependent isn't expected to pay their share of the taxes when the parents are doing taxes and claiming them.

Having said that, it certainly couldn't hurt to ask if the $1400 of the stimulus his parents will be getting for filing him as a dependent could go to him instead. They wouldn't have to say yes, but I'm sure many parents of an 18+ year old dependent on disability would be more than willing to give them their fair share.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    hmmm 360 even lol
    Well I was getting a discount so 320 is probably right
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That is cheap, I used to pay $100 for a tine.
    Tine? One gram?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol