• Total voters

guicrith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch has been out 2 years and there is still no untethered exploit even for low firmwares, will it ever happen.

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This has been asked and discussed numerous times by now.

Your best bet is to not wait for others to do it while impatiently asking when its is finally a one click solution, but to invest those few minutes it takes to get proficient in soft- and hardware analysis and exploitation techniques to make a cold boot exploit yourself.

guicrith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been asked and discussed numerous times by now.

Your best bet is to not wait for others to do it while impatiently asking when its is finally a one click solution, but to invest those few minutes it takes to get proficient in soft- and hardware analysis and exploitation techniques to make a cold boot exploit yourself.

I already know the "how", I am busy with a different system(Palm Tungsten T3):
functionNameTooLong.png

Not being impatient, just curious, am planning on mod chipping mine when I find the screwdrivers(moved recently).

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In which case you know that the next thread that asks for it won't make it come faster.

Current public knowledge is that 1.0 can achieve coldboot and already has warmboot, up to 3.0 is possible and 4.1 is theoretically possible.
But as far as I know there is no known scene person actively working on coldboot. If memory serves me right, SciresM has said to have achieved coldboot on 1.0, but as it was unstable and with caffeine available not of importance.

A potential modchip by TX is rumoured, but no evidence of its existence and capabilities has been seen yet. If it works it should (at least) allow piracy (its GW/TX after all) and potentially CFW.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
In which case you know that the next thread that asks for it won't make it come faster.

Current public knowledge is that 1.0 can achieve coldboot and already has warmboot, up to 3.0 is possible and 4.1 is theoretically possible.
But as far as I know there is no known scene person actively working on coldboot. If memory serves me right, SciresM has said to have achieved coldboot on 1.0, but as it was unstable and with caffeine available not of importance.

A potential modchip by TX is rumoured, but no evidence of its existence and capabilities has been seen yet. If it works it should (at least) allow piracy (its GW/TX after all) and potentially CFW.

Technically f-g/shoffel2 is a cold boot exploit it's just not automatic. Also it's only possible to get a automatic software exploit up to 3.0.1 according to SciresM and even then it's only realistic on 1.0.0. I asked SciresM about this on discord (why it was only possible theoretically up to 3.0.1) and he told me that memory was mapped with incorrect permissions (and iirc some kernel memory was mapped in to userland) and it was fixed in 4.x.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay