Does it embarass you to play your DS in public?

Does it embarass you?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bugboy181

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not embarrassed to play DS games in public cause I've never done it. I get embarrassed cause i have it and I'm not because i think i might get embarrassed.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
War said:
Sir-Fritz said:
I hate it when people ask "where you get that game" and i'm like "i downloaded it" and they then ask how you can download games for ds.
Ugh, I know the feeling. And then they persist that you "can't download DS games".
Yep, thats what also happens. I know someone who said something like "oh yeah, you have that chip thingo" and now wants one and doesnt know anything about it at all (not even the name i dont think).

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
not really, although it depends on the game, some of the games where your character is supposed to be like 12 I must admit I don't play anywhere more public than a train (I am 19, If you are wondering)

It doesn't seem to be perceived so much as immature as geeky, which I don't mind, but ninty running ads with Patrick Stewart in them doesn't exactly help that image!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
If it involves screaming into the microphone then yes - it does embarass me. Overall, not really. I mean, why should it? Maybe that gaming at school seems a bit nerdy (I certainly wouldn't do it, just because I don't want to risk damaging my DS) but it doesn't make a difference if you use a PSP or DS. Actually, the DS is probably more accepted.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Because I dont play games such as "Dogz, Catz, Tigerz, etc.), I feel alright.
I dont use headphones or anything. I mostly(90%) have sound off when playing on DS.

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My DS is always in my bag when I go out, I get bored really easily so if I'm waiting to have lunch with someone, in a waiting room or something like that I'll play it. I'm not embarassed at all! I love my DS and I'm not afraid to show that love in public lol.

gk.7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hell no... actually... on my girlfriends b-day, we were playing ds on a restaurant full of people... they kept looking at us but why should we care? lol
laugh.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually play my DS or listen to my mp4 for my commute. Some black guy on the subway asked me what game I'm playing.. I said I was playing spiderman. He said it looked like crap. Then he asked me if I got any basketball games on it.. LOL I just said no. He suggested me playing basketball games..

Wow. That was lame. I wouldn't play virtual sports 'cause I play sports in real life..

Anyways, on topic, no, I don't get embarrassed. I just glare at people who think it's stupid.
smile.gif
They won't ever look back.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not embarrassed to, but I don't anymore since it occupies too much pocket space and I don't have much games to play (that I want to play). So I usually bring my ipod touch and hope where I'm going has wifi.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
midna25 said:
sonic209 said:
only fags carry their DS around everywhere
nyanya.gif
Oh, really? Than I guess you must carry your DS everywhere.

Nice Come back
smile.gif
As of getting embarrassed, well i don't give a damn of what other people think so yeah i guess i don't. However my friends are sometimes confused since at the same time im a PC enthusiast and at a same time a Nintendo lover.

Mr. Waffle

A Free Waffle
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the current state of my DS, I do embarrass me, because my screen is broken and ppl are asking: IS YOUR SCREEN BROKEN!?!
And then I say: WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?!
And then they say: IT LOOKS LIKE IT"S BROKEN.
And then I say: THEN WHY DO YOU ASK!

I wouldn't embarass me anymore if I had some good games right now.
I only have shity games atm.
I want C.O.R.E. lol.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No I play both my PSP and DS in public I don't care if I'm seen with my DS because it's one of the hottest things to own in the UK especially comming up to christmas, plus I still see people with the GBA SP and they don't get laughed at, all depends where you are from and whether or not someone is jealous, people took the piss out of me when I got the IPhone, I eventually got rid of it becuase it was kinda crap and a few of them got one and started laughing at me for getting rid of it. Small world....

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Only place I've been where the DS is accepted in public is Japan especially on the JR Line nearly everytime i caught a train there was at least one person playing the DS. Although its seems PSP's have become quite popular aswell as there were an equal number PSP peeps playing them on the trains. I was amazed out how they coped with the inertia of the train stopping, that they could walk straight and get off the train unaided while playing the DS with no ill effects of the train stopping. Meanwhile i walk to the exit door soley focussing on not stumbling forward as the train stops, usually resulting in me grabbing the handrail above =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson