Homebrew Question Does the costum Dns work on 5.1.0?

xMusicax

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on the latest update 5.1.0 i just homebrewed my nintendo switch using hakate and injecting the payload
I noticed that i cannot access online using the costum dns settings
(I was on update 5.1.0 while i did all of this)

So i have several questions

1)Is the dns settings im using compatible with 5.1.0?

2)Does switchappstore homebrew application require Wi-Fi to launch?

3)Since the dns settings block update method deletes update data Can i update my nintendo switch and still boot into cfw to use the homebrew menu?

So far ive been doing everything offline.

Last edited by xMusicax,

Robman2122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The update blocking dns will work regardless of firmware version, unless Nintendo changes their update addresses in the future. This wouldn't affect you unless you updated your switch however, as the addresses are programmed in as they are currently and couldn't change without that update.

The homebrew app store requires an internet connection to talk to the server. I've noticed that since the switch can't get to Nintendo servers when using the blocking dns settings, it thinks the wifi connection has no internet and will disconnect from it. The only way I've gotten it to work while still blocking is to go into the wifi settings and telling it to connect using my saved wifi connection. After the failed attempt, the wifi will stay connected for a brief time and then launching your homebrew app store/other homebrew that requires wifi, it will then be able to reach out and connect.

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn