Dolphin Emulator Super Mario Galaxy on Controller: Tilt controls keep going forward

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, I mapped the right analog stick to the tilt controls. However, when I play the ball, bird, or any levels that require tilt controls, it keeps going forward on its own.

Is there any way to set the tilt at a neutral angle?

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
When playing Super Mario Galaxy 2, I mapped the right analog stick to the tilt controls. However, when I play the ball, bird, or any levels that require tilt controls, it keeps going forward on its own.

Is there any way to set the tilt at a neutral angle?
There are two modes for tilt emulation - absolute and relative. In relative mode you can map a button to reset the position.

I suspect that you are in absolute mode and have some stick drift.

Reactions: splaca

Kuramations

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two modes for tilt emulation - absolute and relative. In relative mode you can map a button to reset the position.

I suspect that you are in absolute mode and have some stick drift.
How do I switch it to relative?

Also, my controller doesn't have stick drift. It only happens here.

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do I switch it to relative?

Also, my controller doesn't have stick drift. It only happens here.
It's in the 'Motion Simulation' tab of the Emulated Wiimote controller settings (see also https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Configuring_Controllers):
hm6czel.png

The check box near the bottom sets it to relative mode, and you should set a button to Recenter.

About possible stick drift, it's possible that your other games are programmed to ignore controller input within a certain dead zone so won't suffer from small amounts of stick drift, but that Dolphin is set to use zero dead zone and will suffer from drift before anything else. You could try adjusting the Dead Zone % on this tab.

Last edited by emcintosh,

30THM4N3

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
bro you didn't explain where exactly the check button for switching, and there was nothing usefull on the wiki

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bro you didn't explain where exactly the check button for switching, and there was nothing usefull on the wiki
1711964808340.png

The check box near the bottom sets it to relative mode (RED), and you should set a button to Recenter (GREEN).

Colins25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These controls that you are pointing too are for the “point” not tilt. I’m having same issue and you can’t select relative input for tilt controls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6rEobiPNWs