Status
Not open for further replies.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps1 classics and ps1 bin/cue use different emulators. iirc, there are three for the ps1 on the ps3. one is an early emulator for disc games, another is the newer emulator, and the third is for ps1 classics. sony was trying to do the same for the ps2, but there were problems with softemu. I've tested it, and believe me, it's pretty damn shitty. though, a lot of config files for ps2 games come from there or are debugged with the ps2 emulator on the pc.

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I believe not. No lag that I can notice.

Then isn't it weird PS1 Classics have lag and .cue/.bin don't?

ps1 classics and ps1 bin/cue use different emulators. iirc, there are three for the ps1 on the ps3. one is an early emulator for disc games, another is the newer emulator, and the third is for ps1 classics. sony was trying to do the same for the ps2, but there were problems with softemu. I've tested it, and believe me, it's pretty damn shitty. though, a lot of config files for ps2 games come from there or are debugged with the ps2 emulator on the pc.

Do .config files fix many PS2 games and should one use OPL in the PS2 instead?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can update opl from within opl iirc. I have my ps2 tied directly to my router. if it's not detecting the internet, it will have infinite loading, then do nothing (no error), but it should be fast if it is detecting a connection. you don't need to do anything beyond that (thought you asked this question). I don't know which would be better. a modchip would be best probably.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, another question I think you had was hiding games on the ps5. yes, you can. I saw the option just today when transferring sonic to internal to download the update. I'm not sure how to get them back as I didn't test it. not sure which firmware it was added to, and you probably can't hide system stuff. though, some things can be hidden in the menu bar, just not all.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you can update opl from within opl iirc. I have my ps2 tied directly to my router. if it's not detecting the internet, it will have infinite loading, then do nothing (no error), but it should be fast if it is detecting a connection. you don't need to do anything beyond that (thought you asked this question). I don't know which would be better. a modchip would be best probably.

In my case I use OPL via SMB and its files are in an external HDD connected to the PC so will I be able to update OPL? And when Windows stops supporting SMB, how will one be able to keep using it?

Also, regarding the former question, why are there so many PS1 file extensions?

btw, another question I think you had was hiding games on the ps5. yes, you can. I saw the option just today when transferring sonic to internal to download the update. I'm not sure how to get them back as I didn't test it. not sure which firmware it was added to, and you probably can't hide system stuff. though, some things can be hidden in the menu bar, just not all.

How can one do that?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first question is highly doubtful. smb is up to 3.0, perhaps higher now, but you probably have to use 1.0. it's part of windows features.

to hide a game, scroll to the game, press options, hide should be among the options.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the first question is highly doubtful. smb is up to 3.0, perhaps higher now, but you probably have to use 1.0. it's part of windows features.

to hide a game, scroll to the game, press options, hide should be among the options.

I read Windows 11 stopped supporting SMB 1.0 in some Windows versions/editions.

Weird, I'm sure I tried hiding a game and I couldn't find that setting.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20220809_154255.jpg

here's my system. I'm on the latest firmware (if that matters).

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ecm, ape are compression iirc. Cdda and wav are audio. Sub, img, mds, and mdf are images.

So, .ecm and .ape include the entire game compressed, .sub, .img, .mds and .mdf the entire game but not compressed and .cdda and .wav just the audio? Why are there so many PS1 file extensions?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why do some downloaded PS3 backups show a "Duplex PROUDLY PRESENTS" message with an annoying sound after being run?
Not sure if this was already told to you in this thread but with duplex releases all you have to do is go into the usrdir of the game delete the eboot.bin file and rename the eboot.bin.orig to eboot.bin and you now have a clean eboot with no duplex loading screen. If the game is in ISO format you'll first have to extract the contents of the iso, and then rebuild it once the eboot has been changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la