Dream merch discussion and why not to buy it even if you are a fan.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
66 dollars for a water bottle? i could just grab a 5 dollar one from Walmart, draw a smiley face on it and sell it as 'Official Dream merch' and people would still buy it.
oh wait... you already said that nvm
as for the racist remarks, I haven't seen anything related to that and the tweet you linked is from a suspended account.

Last edited by 1B51004,

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Just incredibly unrealistic luck, to the point of it being *almost* impossible luck. Ergo, Occam's Razor holds that the simplest explanation is the correct one - he cheated.
It would have been a Dream run, had he not been lucid and made it that way.
Funny how this situation made him a joke in the speedrunning community

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
At first I thought it was that guy from TomSka's ASDF movies. Upon further inspection, it turns out it's a ripoff of that guy from TomSka's ASDF movies.

Anyway, merch is expensive. The understanding is that the price difference between that and a no-name no-brand item without the trademarked doodle goes straight to supporting the author, and fans accept that. "Shut up and take my money" and all that.

There is also the matter of small content creators' merch being done in small runs and usually locally, so the overhead is larger. It doesn't cover the whole price difference, but it's not insignificant either.

Squidge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this asshole is inescapable. I've never seen a single one of his videos and yet he still shows up all over all of my feeds. Real sick of him. And he can take that water bottle and shove it, jeez. He targetting literal children with prices like that??? It's the same kind of thing that made me lose what little respect I had for Markiplier. I don't care how "high quality" it is, it's a plain hoodie with your logo on it, it's not worth that damn much.

lunderwood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always an opportunity to order exactly the same T-shirt or hoodie on another service, but cheaper. By the way, you can order exactly the same print, but much cheaper at any service that allows you to print on clothes! But if you want to support the author, who most likely already has too much money, then it's better to buy through his website.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...