Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
It's his blog. He can post whatever the Hell he wants to here. That's the point of giving every member their own blog space. Regardless of how I feel about what he said, he has the right to do it in HIS blog.
I never said he didn't have the right to post it, I asked why. I'm sure TheSpade is great as an IRC OP but but there's no excuse for posting that terrible.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Thespade, I have a few comments on this piece before.
Firstly, as Heran Bago mentioned this has nothing to do with the forum so why the hell are you posting here?
Even if you are a mod you are not above the rules and we had the same situation a little while ago. There are millions of ways you could have contacted drkupo in private and even if he didn't listen you at least did your part.

The whole post just screams; "I'm covering my back so don't lynch me when I ban him completely."
I agree that drkupo is a dick worthy of such a post but there is no reason for you to make this public in a blog post. If you can do it then there is no reason for me to write such a blog post about you and even if you say you don't care, the eventual result will be that everyone will post something terrible about someone else. This is a friendly forum and for those who you find unfriendly you can always just ignore. I think you're an intelligent poster but this is just downright stupid. Freedom of speech is great but just be mindful of what you say.

Bottom line? The whole post is a complete and utter flame rather than a warning to get him to stop doing whatever he's and this needs to be removed.
If you don't like drkupo keep it to yourself. If he's a detriment to the community, ban him. Simple as that.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If there's something DrKupo hates the most(aside from anything not made by Apple), it's links and images with lolis in them, he got pissed off when I posted these kinds of stuff in IRC.

*removed*
don't post that shit here -

JPH

The Worst

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
GBAplace.net
XP
Country
United States
Spikey Bush doesn't care about DrKupo (black) people.

that said, MTW should be able to go on .ta, .eof, #bearcave, and #GBAplace. you can ban him from the channels that your in, but if you came in .ta, .eof, or #bearcave you be would banned. we don't want you. you pompass better than thou i am da smarted dan you m!@#$r#%(:e^

TheSpade is a tyrant.

sic semper tyrannis

^The Worst

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi approves!
happy.gif

haruhi.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
Thespade, I have a few comments on this piece before.
Firstly, as Heran Bago mentioned this has nothing to do with the forum so why the hell are you posting here?
Even if you are a mod you are not above the rules and we had the same situation a little while ago. There are millions of ways you could have contacted drkupo in private and even if he didn't listen you at least did your part.

The whole post just screams; "I'm covering my back so don't lynch me when I ban him completely."
I agree that drkupo is a dick worthy of such a post but there is no reason for you to make this public in a blog post. If you can do it then there is no reason for me to write such a blog post about you and even if you say you don't care, the eventual result will be that everyone will post something terrible about someone else. This is a friendly forum and for those who you find unfriendly you can always just ignore. I think you're an intelligent poster but this is just downright stupid. Freedom of speech is great but just be mindful of what you say.

Bottom line? The whole post is a complete and utter flame rather than a warning to get him to stop doing whatever he's and this needs to be removed.
If you don't like drkupo keep it to yourself. If he's a detriment to the community, ban him. Simple as that.
why must the first thing i read in the morning be this childish rant. i agree with x in that you two should have taken other steps to sort this out. The OP just proves that you are just as incapable at solving issues. please just sort this out alone and not clutter our forums with this bullchit

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're not very smart Mr. Spade. I've only been on the IRC channel once when it was on EFNet since I imagine it is a place of even more immaturity than the majority of postings or the shoutbox (is that possible?). I can't even recall one post by DrKupo that makes him stand out in my mind. I do know this, he has played you to perfection. The fact that you would spend that long typing up a rant against him and then continue typing and justifying it to yourself is just what he wanted. You've rewarded him and made yourself look foolish. Read all the comments before mine and then take these suggestions: Lock/Delete this blog entry. Go back to the dedicated IRC channel and take care of your business there. Impose bans on those who deserve it - that's your role - but don't waste time posting about it here because nobody cares.
grog.gif

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um, DrKupo feeds off this and he expects an unban some day so he can do it again.

Also he likes to taunt people who befriend him and then turn it around and shove it in their face.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You all saying that TheSpade should keep it off the board obviously have not read any of DrKupo's posts recently. DrKupo always drags IRC shit into the board...

This is a post simply to drive him away from the website and network as a whole, as I see it.
He's just letting know DrKupo isn't wanted, and to GTFO.

That's all I'm going to say to "defend" TheSpade...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Well someone had to say it.
Amptor's right, it won't have the intended effect at all. But at least it clears the air.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheSpade said:
In typical fashion, he decided to sing during a time that most of the channel operators were away for whatever reasons. Yes, it's redundant to sing in a chat room, but it's what he chose to sing that became the offense. DrKupo performed a rendition of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. The problem was that it was not the original song's lyrics, but rather, an anti-semitic rewrite of the classic Christmas song was imposed upon everyone.

lol.
Sounds like DrKupo is an arsehole but that was pretty funny.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, mark up another victim to DrKupo. He's a troll of the highest order. A dick, yes, but also a troll in every way.

You have to put yourself in his shoes, and realize that this ENTIRE thread is pleasing him to no end (including this very post). If it were sent to him via PM, he would have been a bit riled up, but still enjoyed the fact that he upset someone so much. But posting it in public view makes it exponentially better to him.

Everyone who has encountered him knows him to be a giant horse's ass. But if you understand how trolls think, you'd know why this is. Think of it this way, the more he can get under your skin, the more he'll keep digging. I've personally talked with him a number of times, and he generally doesn't pick on me (but given the chance, he'd probably try with this post).

Why? Because it doesn't effect me. I know he doesn't even mean half the stuff he says. I know that he's only doing it for attention. When people get angry over it, and fight back, it's like catching a fish. If you simply kick/ban trolls, and move on, you've effectively cut off their food. But by falling for it yourself, and responding with personal attacks-a-plenty, you've become a new target, and made the whole situation worse.

DrKupo isn't going to "get better". He isn't going to leave by telling him he isn't welcome. You might as well try to put out a fire with a bucket of gasoline. Do what you gotta do, and move on. That's it.

In short: this is simply fuel for the fire. Nothing will change.

(for the people I've talked with about a certain "other" member here, yes, I fell for that troll pretty badly. So I'm not innocent of this either. It happens to the best of us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: